What's new

Pakistan Latest missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mon ami if we buy UAV engine's they'll say we are proliferating.

Hey does this mean that Pakistan has got hands on an adequate supercomputer>> because all these simulations & modelling are being performed by a very complex & fast computer which according to current news Pakistan dont have.
However i did came across a document as follows:

http://www.*******.com/file/1080916...urity_Report-SuperComputer_Proliferation.html

which may help you to understand why they assume Pakistan to be involved in some kind SuperComputer proliferation

That report is from 1998 and we are currently in 2009...need I say more?

Today, even an ordinary person like myself has a dual processor 3.2GHz with 8Gb of RAM, which is probably more powerful than 80's super-computer.

Bottom line is, if they say on TV that they can conduct cold tests, you know what they have even if they do not state it openly.

Current Missiles in Service of Pakistan

Air-to-Surface

Anti-Radiation
AGM-88 HARM · AGM-45 Shrike · MAR-1

Dear,

Could you provide an authentic source that Pakistan possess AGM-88 HARM and AGM-45 Shrike.
Because the question is if we have got these two types of Anti-Radiation missiles (AGM-88 and AGM-45), then why are we purchasing MAR-1 from Brazil? Because the range of AGM-88 (48 km) is greater than MAR-1 (25 km), and there will be no point in buying MAR-1.

So i think Pakistan doesn't possess AGM-88 and AGM-45 and that is the reason for buying 100 MAR-1 from Brazil for $108 Million.

Last edited:
Because the range of AGM-88 (48 km) is greater than MAR-1 (25 km), and there will be no point in buying MAR-1.

So i think Pakistan doesn't possess AGM-88 and AGM-45 and that is the reason for buying 100 MAR-1 from Brazil for $108 Million.
MAR-1 is supposed to be a really good missile, I read somewhere that the USA even banned Brazil from exporting such missiles because their guidance system design was so advanced. The range is far greater than that according to the inside sources. Anyway, PAF should really get their hands on something like the BAe ALARM missile, it is far better than HARM.

Last edited:
MAR-1 is supposed to be a really good missile, I read somewhere that the USA even banned Brazil from exporting such missiles because their guidance system design was so advanced. The range is far greater than that according to the inside sources. Anyway, PAF should really get their hands on something like the BAe ALARM missile, it is far better than HARM.

Well, im not saying that MAR-1 is not a good missile, actually i was trying to make a point that does PAF's budget allow it to operate 3 kinds of anti-radiation missiles. I mean how could US had provided pakistan with HARM earlier, whereas only recently (in 2007) we signed a deal of AMRAAM with US.Pakistan Signs Letter of Acceptance for AIM-120 and AIM-9M Missiles
On the other hand AGM-88 HARM is tried & tested and combat proven missile, many soviet made SAM radars are its victims (in Libya, Iraq etc. The first combat use of AGM-88 missiles was in Libya in 1986.) now the range has been enhanced to 105 km.
While MAR-1 is yet to be seen in real action. But i am sure PAF must have opted for MAR-1 taking into account all the technical & financial aspects.

Last edited:
Well, im not saying that MAR-1 is not a good missile, actually i was trying to make a point that does PAF's budget allow it to operate 3 kinds of anti-radiation missiles. I mean how could US had provided pakistan with HARM earlier, whereas only recently (in 2007) we signed a deal of AMRAAM with US.Pakistan Signs Letter of Acceptance for AIM-120 and AIM-9M Missiles
On the other hand AGM-88 HARM is tried & tested and combat proven missile, many soviet made SAM radars are its victims (in Libya, Iraq etc. The first combat use of AGM-88 missiles was in Libya in 1986.) now the range has been enhanced to 105 km.
While MAR-1 is yet to be seen in real action. But i am sure PAF must have opted for MAR-1 taking into account all the technical & financial aspects.

What makes you think they operate three kinds of missiles? I doubt they still operate Shrike, it is a very old system.
Why turn down MAR-1 just because they have HARM? Word is it came with transfer of technology.

Why turn down MAR-1 just because they have HARM? Word is it came with transfer of technology.

The crunch statement that explains all. Sometimes, You may have the technology but encounter problems replicating it. You buy some relatively backwards missile to get over the basic hurdle and move on towards a bigger and better goal. mind you MAR1 Is not backwards by any stroke of imagination!!!DOUBLE STRIKE!!!!
My 2 paisas Worth
Araz

What makes you think they operate three kinds of missiles? I doubt they still operate Shrike, it is a very old system.

I was not saying that we operate three kinds of missiles, my posts were co-related to an earlier post in the thread. Read the entire thread, you will get the answer.

I didn't turn down MAR-1 or did I ?

Last edited:
Shery Rehman can prove more fatal :chilli: :partay: :chilli: she is scary

:rofl: no sherry rehman cann't match the 10%. but about missile well i read few days back that there will be some missile test by pakistan but dom't know when.:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom