What's new

Pakistan issues permit for export of 25 endangered species to Dubai ruler

French guy rooting for Pakistan maybe? Residence is not clear cut; I move around.
But I'm a great fan girl of minority issues stuff, you see !?
And let's be honest, Pakistan has done a swell job against Sisyphus-type odds since '47.

GN mate, Tay.

Last edited:
See this is the thing. We do have a very active conservation program, of which Pakistan is a part of. These birds "could be" used for breeding,

IF these protected birds used for planned for breeding purposes it should have been nentioned and approved by International Wildlife organizations. This is all for some stupid Prince wanting rare and protected birds along with wild life from Africa.

You should not expect a PM who pimped his daughter to an Arab prince, to care about birds. That is grossly unfair !
what if someone said that you pimped your daughter?

I can tell you grew behind a trash can. That's why you only bring trash to the table.

You should not expect a PM who pimped his daughter to an Arab prince, to care about birds. That is grossly unfair !

I am unaware of the background to this remark.

Nonetheless , it is in bad taste.

3) I don't know if the UAE importer informed anyone or not, but lets assume he didn't. Then why is the Govt. of Pakistan exporting?
and this is what the article is for...In case you dont know journalism was 1st started to educate the public about current affairs....And it is here reporting what our govt did why are you being overly defensive?

I don't understand why you are being so rude with me, it's not like I'm importing the birds. I have already clarified my stance in post#25 Why don't you take it up with your govt. and ask them why are they exporting them? And it is 25 birds, NOT species.

Secondly, Falconry doesn't mean you shoot the falcons, it means you train "the falcons to hunt for you." And by the way they are very loyal creatures, you should try keeping one.
You see your post revolves around 1 issue...While OP is about 25 ENDANGERED SPECIES without a permit! And how Swiss bodies where we signed an agreement were not informed!

and this is what the article is for...In case you dont know journalism was 1st started to educate the public about current affairs....And it is here reporting what our govt did why are you being overly defensive?

You see your post revolves around 1 issue...While OP is about 25 ENDANGERED SPECIES without a permit! And how Swiss bodies where we signed an agreement were not informed!
Please clarify what "25 endangered species"? The OP doesn't name any besides the falcons.

Please clarify what "25 endangered species"? The OP doesn't name any besides the falcons.
Kindly do learn to read:

export of 25 rare falcons and endangered species from Pakistan to the UAE

Now go ask YOUR govt what they are hiding and Shariffs since they answer to your govt why they broke international laws to drag their country into the limelight!! Since you wanted to become part of the article which btw is QUESTIONING our country and since we are not a sultanate we have every right to do that!

Kindly do learn to read:

Now go ask YOUR govt what they are hiding and Shariffs since they answer to your govt why they broke international laws to drag their country into the limelight!! Since you wanted to become part of the article which btw is QUESTIONING our country and since we are not a sultanate we have every right to do that!
You need to get of your high horse. That's what I asked in post#36 What other endangered species?

You need to get of your high horse.
You need to be in context when using that! What high horse? Do you even know when to use the proverb or just throwing random proverbs learnt in class?

That's what I asked in post#36 What other endangered species?
THAT is for you to tell us what deal you made with our filthy govt that you wont let us even abuse it and see no harm to it and are supporting it? If you dont know then HOW can you support and say it didnt happen or its clean deal and close your eyes and praise?

If you have your own plan than why import from Pakistan?
We do have a very active conservation program

If all is well and fine, then why be afraid to inform Switzerland that Dubai is just helping increase the no. not posing a threat?

The sources said that export, trading and trapping of Saker and Peregrine were banned under all wildlife protection laws in the country and there were no designated markets where these birds could be bought or sold. Therefore, they added, the Dubai ruler or the UAE Embassy in Islamabad would have to purchase the falcons costing between Rs10 million and Rs100m per bird from ‘underground black markets’.

These 25 falcons should not bother anyone,
Pakistan Trade Control of Fauna and Flora Act 2012 also bar trade (import, export) of Saker and Peregrine falcons

The sources said that although Pakistan was a signatory to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Fauna and Flora (CITES) that monitored international travel of wildlife species, it did not seek any permission from, or pass on any information to, the Switzerland-based body about the trans-boundary movement of falcons allowed by it between Pakistan and the countries in the Arabian Peninsula.
Pakistan is also a signatory to the Convention on Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS) – an intergovernmental treaty aimed at conserving terrestrial, marine and avian species over the whole of their migratory range.
The CMS signatories recently adopted the Saker Falcon Global Action Plan to protect the bird at a meeting held in Ecuador.
The sources said Pakistan had also been given free access to the highly lucrative European markets worth billions of euros under the GSP-Plus facility. The status is subject to honouring by Pakistan of about 30 international treaties, particularly those relating to environment and nature conservation like CITES, CMS, etc.
If the country fails to follow the guidelines provided in these international treaties, it can lose the GSP-Plus status and free access to European markets. The EU reviews Pakistan’s performance periodically to see if it is following the conditions and not violating its international commitments. The next review is due in a few weeks, the sources said.

If all is well and fine, then why be afraid to inform Switzerland ?

You need to be in context when using that! What high horse? Do you even know when to use the proverb or just throwing random proverbs learnt in class?

THAT is for you to tell us what deal you made with our filthy govt that you wont let us even abuse it and see no harm to it and are supporting it? If you dont know then HOW can you support and say it didnt happen or its clean deal and close your eyes and praise?

If you have your own plan than why import from Pakistan?

If all is well and fine, then why be afraid to inform Switzerland that Dubai is just helping increase the no. not posing a threat?

The sources said that export, trading and trapping of Saker and Peregrine were banned under all wildlife protection laws in the country and there were no designated markets where these birds could be bought or sold. Therefore, they added, the Dubai ruler or the UAE Embassy in Islamabad would have to purchase the falcons costing between Rs10 million and Rs100m per bird from ‘underground black markets’.

Pakistan Trade Control of Fauna and Flora Act 2012 also bar trade (import, export) of Saker and Peregrine falcons

The sources said that although Pakistan was a signatory to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Fauna and Flora (CITES) that monitored international travel of wildlife species, it did not seek any permission from, or pass on any information to, the Switzerland-based body about the trans-boundary movement of falcons allowed by it between Pakistan and the countries in the Arabian Peninsula.
Pakistan is also a signatory to the Convention on Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS) – an intergovernmental treaty aimed at conserving terrestrial, marine and avian species over the whole of their migratory range.
The CMS signatories recently adopted the Saker Falcon Global Action Plan to protect the bird at a meeting held in Ecuador.
The sources said Pakistan had also been given free access to the highly lucrative European markets worth billions of euros under the GSP-Plus facility. The status is subject to honouring by Pakistan of about 30 international treaties, particularly those relating to environment and nature conservation like CITES, CMS, etc.
If the country fails to follow the guidelines provided in these international treaties, it can lose the GSP-Plus status and free access to European markets. The EU reviews Pakistan’s performance periodically to see if it is following the conditions and not violating its international commitments. The next review is due in a few weeks, the sources said.

Can't understand why you are acting so childish over a half baked OP. He asked you what other species, and you went off ..........

Everything ok with you?

Milady, if I may, you do sound unusually, huh … let's say harsh, in your tone.
I understand your displeasure but such anger doesn't befit you.

Have a soothing evening and day IRL, Tay.

Can't understand why you are acting so childish over a half baked OP. He asked you what other species, and you went off ..........

Everything ok with you?
He asked me what other species with other comments of all is well with half baked story that only 25 falcons nothing to worry about....if it is all dandy than why be afraid to report to Switzerland? I am also just "asking"

Why is he being soo childish and not telling me why they not reporting and upholding the treaty with Switzerland?

If all is dandy why is our status with Europe hanging on a line?

Milady, if I may, you do sound unusually, huh … let's say harsh, in your tone.
I understand your displeasure but such anger doesn't befit you.

Have a soothing evening and day IRL, Tay.
Why is it ok when he asks about the species? But when I ask why not report it to Switzerland it is harsh? :unsure:

A simple question and no one wants to answer?

Now go ask YOUR govt

You're not being reasonable here I'm afraid. It should be the other way around instead of him asking his government.
Mian sahab still seems incapable of taking tough steps. Had it not been for Opposition parties and Army, I'm afraid Pakistan would be in Yemen by now. This is indeed one shameful step on Government of Pakistan's part.

You're not being reasonable here I'm afraid. It should be the other way around instead of him asking his government.
Mian sahab still seems incapable of taking tough steps. Had it not been for Opposition parties and Army, I'm afraid Pakistan would be in Yemen by now. This is indeed one shameful step on Government of Pakistan's part.
I know I started off with that then he unreasonably dragged his own govt! I didnt even ask for it! He introduced the whole BS about how they are raised in Dubai there is a breeding program and Pakistan is a part of it...If that is so how hard was it to write to Switzerland to explain this instead of putting us in trouble?

HE introduced his country into OUR issue forcefully!
In an attempt to prove himself as an angel he forgot to see that the article was about Pakistan and its govt!

But when I ask why not report it to Switzerland it is harsh? :unsure:

I meant it more like : over your last few replies, ma'am. Sorry to say!

And I don't think Pakistan's overall status with Europe is hanging by a mere thread either.
A- Things like that happen and are smoothed out over time and B- our politicos are not that quick anyhow! 8-)

Again, good evening to you and yours, Tay.

Apple Laptop Wallpaper (hd-desktop-background.blogspot (32).jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom