What's new

Pakistan issues permit for export of 25 endangered species to Dubai ruler

They are investing in which part of Pakistan? and what benefit we are getting from them?

Very sad to know, dubai rulers are enriching themselves of precious ecological diversity of pakistan and depleting them in their native habitat. At this rate there will come a time when pakistanis will see their own fauna only in foreign countries instead of their own.

Concerned citizens should raise funds and create a private sanctuary and protect these fauna from foreign preys. India lost cheetah to vicious hunting of british/royals hope pakistan does not allow the same happen to the poor birds.

Actually, Khafee is not entirely wrong. IF ( i.e. big if ) the animals are raised and reproduce and their
numbers grow in the UAE, this is in all points similar to what zoos worldwide have been doing for years.
Each captive population becomes a source for genetic material to keep the whole species alive.

The problem is found in circumventing the international organizations that you're a member of on way !
Why? Most likely because the terms of the exchange did not meet species exchange & safeguarding
criteria. And the alarm flag is raised.

In the West, they usually calm the public attention with a committee, be it from Congress, Parliament or
Assemblée Nationale, all the same thing. 8 months duration, 100 hours of real work if all goes well, total,
a reassuring conclusion that no one believes and voilà, problem solved!

Sigh! Politicians you know …

Good evening nonetheless mates, Tay.

@Akheilos You should read the Dawn article about how Pakistan's Foreign Relations with the Gulf Arabs hinges on these Hunting Trips.
I did it was disgusting!

How do we know they are not bringing in diseases? And why must the y raise them there , bring them to Pakistan to hunt? Sounds stupid waste of money, no?
Actually, Khafee is not entirely wrong. IF ( i.e. big if ) the animals are raised and reproduce and their
numbers grow in the UAE, this is in all points similar to what zoos worldwide have been doing for years.
Each captive population becomes a source for genetic material to keep the whole species alive.

The problem is found in circumventing the international organizations that you're a member of on way !
Why? Most likely because the terms of the exchange did not meet species exchange & safeguarding

In the West, they usually calm the public attention with a committee, be it from Congress, Parliament or
Assemblée Nationale, all the same thing. 8 months duration, 100 hours of real work if all goes well, total,

They didnt inform the respected bodies, so obviously EVERYONE will suspect not everything is as shiny as presented!

If it is safe, and true, why evade authorities whit whom you sign agreements?

how will one criticize then? :azn::azn::azn::azn:
Kindly also explain why hide from the Swiss body?

did not ask for any permission from, or pass on any information to, the Switzerland-based body on the trans-boundary movement of falcons permitted by it between Pakistan and the countries in the Arabian Peninsula.

Do you know that moving animals left a right also effects them?! And how do we know they arent bringing in new diseases?

And this doesnt speak of the "25 endangered species...WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM?

are you a french guy who lives in pakistan or is it the other way around?

See this is the thing. We do have a very active conservation program, of which Pakistan is a part of. These birds "could be" used for breeding, OR just hunting. I'm not sure as to what the end user has in mind, but considering the fact that the embassy is involved, this could very well be for the breeding program. Anyone who knows about genetics will tell you, every now and then, you need new blood to breed, or the species can have serious gentical issues.

Lastly, what I would like to know is that is this shipment within the "cities convention" CITES IF NOT, then why is the Pakistani Govt. doing it?

Anyone who knows about genetics will tell you, every now and then, you need new blood to breed, or the species can have serious gentical issues.
Yes, but if you bring in new blood to shoot both new and old, how is that benefiting? You still havent answered why evade Swiss authorities with whom you sign? And what about the other 24 endangered species? :pop:

Yes, but if you bring in new blood to shoot both new and old, how is that benefiting? You still havent answered why evade Swiss authorities with whom you sign? And what about the other 24 endangered species? :pop:
i think it's a no comment.....pakistan needs to get into the habit of saying no and stay in this habit.

I don't understand why you are being so rude with me, it's not like I'm importing the birds. I have already clarified my stance in post#25 Why don't you take it up with your govt. and ask them why are they exporting them? And it is 25 birds, NOT species.

Secondly, Falconry doesn't mean you shoot the falcons, it means you train "the falcons to hunt for you." And by the way they are very loyal creatures, you should try keeping one.

How do we know they are not bringing in diseases? And why must the y raise them there , bring them to Pakistan to hunt? Sounds stupid waste of money, no?

They didnt inform the respected bodies, so obviously EVERYONE will suspect not everything is as shiny as presented!

If it is safe, and true, why evade authorities whit whom you sign agreements?

Kindly also explain why hide from the Swiss body?

Do you know that moving animals left a right also effects them?! And how do we know they arent bringing in new diseases?

And this doesnt speak of the "25 endangered species...WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM?
1) Bringing in diseases - I'm assuming you are talking about the Houbara's. Well from what I have read, they undergo a medical check up before being released. But you are free to point out if the birds have been found to be unhealthy.

2) Raising Houbara's in Pakistan - Good point, why aren't you doing it? We have our conservation program, where we raise them and then release them in different parts of the world. Your Govt. can always tell us "NO" and we will release them some where else. No issues!!

3) I don't know if the UAE importer informed anyone or not, but lets assume he didn't. Then why is the Govt. of Pakistan exporting?

I believe that there is no leader including noora that has balls to say no to Arab monarchs requests. He probably paying them butt load of money so envoirnmental conservation can go to hell.

These 25 falcons should not bother anyone, considering the conservation effort. What should bother everyone is news like this:

"Saudi Prince Fahd, who is Governor of Tabuk province. It was he who attracted worldwide attention previous years after news about his hunting at least 2,100 houbara bustards in Balochistan’s Chagai district appeared in the media."
Pakistan issues permit for export of 25 endangered species to Dubai ruler | The News Teller

This is nothing less than barbaric and he should NOT have been issued a license. Even Islam forbids such kind of useless hunting!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom