What's new

Pakistan is Rising Star Among Top 20 Frontier Markets

I haven't seen Timbuktu either but people at the World Bank and other UN agencies have. And they publish reports and data which are far more reliable than either you or people of Timbuktu.

Can you explain further?
Or if you have a cataract eye, go and treat quickly.
World Bank and UN select Kerala for high level literacy program and others.
I am from this state.Trust me .zero baked info not going to help you.
If you want to see a developed area in a developing country then visit Kerala.
If you want to see population contraction in developing world then visit kerala.
Only after the treatment:lol::lol::lol:

Can you explain further?
Or if you have a cataract eye, go and treat quickly.
World Bank and UN select Kerala for high level literacy program and others.
I am from this state.Trust me .zero baked info not going to help you.
If you want to see a developed area in a developing country then visit Kerala.
If you want to see population contraction in developing world then visit kerala.
Only after the treatment:lol::lol::lol:

Read the following report:

Perspectives on poverty in India : stylized facts from survey data (Vol. 1 of 2) : Main report (English)

http://www-wds.worldbank.org/extern...d/PDF/574280PUB0Pers1351B0Extop0ID0186890.pdf

A frog which has never been out of the pond thinks its pond is the greatest place on earth.

As to seeing Kerala, I have no desire to see it. I haven't seen Timbuktu either but people at the World Bank and other UN agencies have. And they publish reports and data which are far more reliable than either you or people of Timbuktu.

Sir, I guess even World Bank doesn't visit places. They depend on official sources. At least that is what their site says.

I wonder what the repercussions on economic growth will be from the attack on Karachi airport?

Perspectives on poverty in India : stylized facts from survey data (Vol. 1 of 2) : Main report (English)

http://www-wds.worldbank.org/extern...d/PDF/574280PUB0Pers1351B0Extop0ID0186890.pdf

I cant dispute you with something obout Pakistan on the basis a World Bank report.Because you cant get clear picture until you visit that place.
Same goes to here.Except an internet and some shitty WB report.
You dont know anything about Kerala.
So it is quite laughable that you are disputing about Kerala with a born Keralite:lol::lol::lol:.

Isn't India a large country. Comparing India with Pakistan may not be proper. It is natural that by absolute numbers India should have more people below poverty than any country.

I wonder what the repercussions on economic growth will be from the attack on Karachi airport?

Sir, what is your opinion on this? I feel overall this is a bad development for Pakistan.

Sir, what is your opinion on this? I feel overall this is a bad development for Pakistan.

Of course it is a bad development. Already the infrastructure is poor, particularly power, and if even the existing facilities cannot be protected, then it is clear that Pakistan is a high-risk environment for investments.

It seems Pak economy is the greatest casuality in this attack

Not yet, but steady deterioration in law and order will make it so.

Of course it is a bad development. Already the infrastructure is poor, particularly power, and if even the existing facilities cannot be protected, then it is clear that Pakistan is a high-risk environment for investments.

We can sense the clear magnitude of damage due to this attack in coming days when IMF step in.
What about your stock exchange rating?

Hopefully Pakistan would come out of this mess as a strong nation.

Isn't India a large country. Comparing India with Pakistan may not be proper. It is natural that by absolute numbers India should have more people below poverty than any country.

This World Bank report compares individual India states with other countries in percentage terms.

India%2BPoverty%2BWB%2B2011.png

Haq's Musings: World Bank on Poverty Across India in 2011

Nations have often gone through periods of violence and instability to emerge stronger.

Pakistanis are a very resilient people.

Haq's Musings: Resilient Pakistan Defies Doomsayers

This World Bank report compares individual India states with other countries in percentage terms.

India%2BPoverty%2BWB%2B2011.png

Isn't the data you posted a bit old?
Do you have 2014 data?

Nations have often gone through periods of violence and instability to emerge stronger.
Pakistanis are a very resilient people.
Haq's Musings: Resilient Pakistan Defies Doomsayers

Yes, I agree with that. But investment, specially foreign, can accept only so much risk.

Isn't the data you posted a bit old?
Do you have 2014 data?

There's always a lag between the collection and reporting of data. 2014 is not even over yet. Its data will be out in a couple of years. But the trends are clear. India is reducing poverty at a slower rate than the rest of the world. So India;s share of the world poor is continuing to rise...going up from 22% in 1980 to 33% in 2010, according to World Bank.

Haq's Musings: India's Share of World's Poorest Jumped From 22% to 33% in 30 Years!

World+Share+of+Poverty.jpg

Yes, I agree with that. But investment, specially foreign, can accept only so much risk.

FDI helps but no country has developed without significant domestic savings and investment. That is a bigger problem for Pakistan right now.

Haq's Musings: Pakistan GDP Grew Just 4.1% in 2013-14: Is it Another Lost Decade?

Back
Top Bottom