What's new

Pakistan is one of world's most negative nations: Poll

So the global average is 14 positive 31 Neutral and 55 Negative

So if we take Positive plus Neutral we get 45 (Positive+Neutral) vs a 55 Negative. When you look at it that way for the global rating that isn't so bad.

You cannot take 'neutral' in the same bracket of 'Positive', because they're those kind of people who doesn't give 'two hoots' for Pakistan.

_67748860_67748859.jpg

You cannot take 'neutral' in the same bracket of 'Positive', because they're those kind of people who doesn't give 'two hoots' for Pakistan.

Well the chart says the white space is "It Depends" or "Neutral" in their view. So in some cases those 31% may or may not like Pakistan "it depends" and some are just neutral.

Well it really does not matter because what really matters is what the Government of these countries think.

Yes if the govts are undemocratic like SA/China and to small extent with democratic nations. In democratic nations, govts will be forced by public opinion and compelled to act accordingly.

Yes if the govts are undemocratic like SA/China and to small extent with democratic nations. In democratic nations, govts will be forced by public opinion and compelled to act accordingly.

No, most Democratic Governments do not adhere to everything their people want. That is ideal but does not work in the real world, even Democratic governments know they cannot always pursue what public opinion says, public opinion in US was strongly against the war in Iraq from 2005-2011, nearly every poll survey done showed this, and yet US Government only withdrew from Iraq in 2011. There are many examples of Public opinion being ignored. US public opinion is stop aid to Pakistan and many other countries around the world, yet US Government still delivers aid knowing the benefits.

Not another useless survey...

I bet 70% of these people don't even know where Pakistan is or anything about Pakistan. Same holds true for many other countries, India, Korea, heck even Australia!

It's a bad pole that really proves nothing.

hell, even Pakistan itself...

Anyways, this poll is dumb, just like the tolerance survey that showed Indians as being the least tolerant people.

These polls prove nothing.

Because the world economy is progressing painfully slowly, people in general are of the idea that outsiders (those who are not allies) are influencing their respective countries very negatively - comes from the human nature of not owning their faults.

The most interesting part to note about China's influence as perceived by people of other countries is the degree of polarization. It is a clear indication of how China invests in the rest of the world per its specific needs and does not bother about the rest of the world's perception.

To me, the most optimistic part of the poll on India's influence is on Pakistan. I was expecting Pakistan to have the most negative views on India's influence, but it feels really nice to see Pakistan fares a lot better than many other countries when it comes to what to think of India's influence. Nice... very nice... unki galatfehmi door karne ka time aa gaya hai :D

First of all, people across the world have a delusion about how Pakistan is. When you ask someone, who has never seen Pakistan, to create an imaginary picture of what they see; the result is - a barren country with destruction at every corner, third world country without economy or industry and mullah with thick beards roaming in the streets with AKs and forcing their version of Islam over everyone. With such mindset, I am not at all surprised with the results.

For creating this picture of Pakistan across the globe, I hold media responsible. Pakistani media first followed by international media, for their publishing and broadcasting of nearly every negative and street-level knows of Pakistan in an exaggerating manner.

However, when the same people visit Pakistan, they are astonished with the ground realities. A peaceful country with natural beauty, silently prospering and trying to gain pace towards economic stability. No security concerns and warm smiles on faces of all, children and elderly, living their lives in a simple and happy way.

Yes Pakistan does have problems like every other country, but our internal issues are ours to worry about and mutually solve among ourselves. Giving international spotlight isn't helping anyone, except those who love to see Pakistan being portrayed in a negative manner.

Another recent poll also suggested that Pakistani citizens have very broad minds and they do not racially discriminate anyone, something which came as a surprise since the picture of Pakistan painted is totally different.

920000_552897021427916_1828159994_o.jpg

Pakistan, remarkably tolerant, also an outlier. Although the country has a number of factors that coincide with racial intolerance – sectarian violence, its location in the least-tolerant region of the world, low economic and human development indices – only 6.5 percent of Pakistanis objected to a neighbor of a different race. This would appear to suggest Pakistanis are more racially tolerant than even the Germans or the Dutch.

Source

Ground realities are different than media-portrayed picture of Pakistan. Due to the War on Terror, tourism has faced backlash, but I invite everyone to my homeland and witness everything themselves and chose whom to believe.

[Post 2 coming next.]

Back
Top Bottom