What's new

Pakistan is in talks with TTP splinter groups and we can forgive them if they lay arms: Imran Khan to TRT World

Has there been any debate of this in parliament so that all stakeholders can get a say? Will those who committed numerous amounts of crimes and bloodshed be tried or simply allowed to get a second lease of life unlike the innocents that lay buried? What a sad and sorry state affairs that it has come to the point where we may have to give concessions to such a barbarous group.
Some of you may argue pragmatism but there is always a limit to it, pragmatism could become a weakness in itself, India learned it the hard way with China...

Govt in talks with TTP groups for reconciliation process: PM Imran
Dawn.comPublished October 1, 2021 - Updated 36 minutes ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

Prime Minister Imran Khan speaks to TRT World during an interview. — TRT Screengrab

Prime Minister Imran Khan speaks to TRT World during an interview. — TRT Screengrab
Prime Minister Imran Khan has said the government is in talks with some groups of the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), seeking a reconciliation.
"There are different groups which form the TTP and some of them want to talk to our government for peace. So, we are in talks with them. It’s a reconciliation process," he said during an interview with the TRT World.

When asked if the government was asking them to lay down arms, the PM responded: "Yes, we forgive them and they become normal citizens".
The interviewer then asked why the TTP was conducting attacks on Pakistan's security forces when they were in talks with the government. To this, the premier said it was just a "spate of attacks".
"We might not reach some sort of conclusion or settlement in the end but we are talking," he added.
Responding to another query on whether the Afghan Taliban were acting as mediators between the TTP and Pakistan, the premier said: "Since the talks were taking place in Afghanistan, so in that sense, yes."
PM Imran reiterated he didn’t believe in military solutions. “I am anti-military solution, and as a politician, I believe political dialogue is the way ahead.”
He said dialogue was the only way out in the case of Afghanistan also.
Earlier in September, President Arif Alvi had suggested that the Pakistani government could consider giving an amnesty to those members of the TTP who had not remained involved in "criminal activities" and who laid down their weapons and agreed to adhere to the Pakistani Constitution.
Such an amnesty could be one of the ways to "establish peace", the president had said.
His remarks were followed by Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi expressing similar sentiments in an interview on Sept 15. He said the government would be "open to giving" a pardon to members of the TTP if they promised not to get involved in terrorist activities and submit to the Pakistani Constitution.
"But as long as they do not come and start undertaking terrorist activities [in Pakistan]. That is our concern," the minister had emphasised.

Negotiate, Break Trust, Do Nothing, Lose 80K lives, Repeat.
Here Taliban character is doubtful. They are mediating talks in Afghanistan. So, TTP is operating from Afghanistan right under the nose of Taliban. But Taliban has more sympathy with TTP, than the state of Pakistan, which convinces west and US to bring them into power.
Afghanistan remains a pain for Pakistan. Raise a big wall and watch with drones. Pakistan already started using drones. Recently used in Kunar.

Are they also requesting inclusive government from PTI?

Negotiate but on our term not theirs. If they are going to compromise like they previously did then it will be game over for tribal belt. Pakistan should ask for unconditional surrender prior to amnesty deal. All Taliban are to be geo restricted to their respective areas. Any thing less than this would be catastrophic.

Nobody should be surprised, we were always going to offer some of them the chance to reconcile. But I have to wonder if public statements like these are the best way to go about this.

We should apply maximum pressure on them, as I’m aware we are already doing via the IEA, and then negotiating with them when they’re more desperate. Statements like this should not be allowed to be misinterpreted as open offers for peace or capitulation. I’m certain that’s not what our leadership has in mind.

Negotiate but on our term not theirs. If they are going to compromise like they previously did then it will be game over for tribal belt. Pakistan should ask for unconditional surrender prior to amnesty deal. All Taliban are to be geo restricted to their respective areas. Any thing less than this would be catastrophic.

After reconciliation recruit them into the army they could be useful at some point

Nobody should be surprised, we were always going to offer some of them the chance to reconcile. But I have to wonder if public statements like these are the best way to go about this.

We should apply maximum pressure on them, as I’m aware we are already doing via the IEA, and then negotiating with them when they’re more desperate. Statements like this should not be allowed to be misinterpreted as open offers for peace or capitulation. I’m certain that’s not what our leadership has in mind.
Pakistan recently used drones in Kunar and hit some TTP targets. Govt has to go inside Afghanistan and hit them. Otherwise, TTP recently killed this young PA officer with pride ...

1633094991253.png

After reconciliation recruit them into the army and let them patrol Waziristan

They can live normal lives but obviously only a moron will recruit them in security forces. Amnesty to these scums of earth is a huge sacrifice on our part. I doubt that they have any interest in peace in first place. Why would they leave Afghanistan which is no less than heaven for extremists right now.

I mean they are at the same time going on killing sprees, shows you how serious they are.

This is the best solution because Talibans will never target TTP but they can help in negotiations. Our Afghan border and iranian border are real problems. We should solve this TTP problem. Remember same solution can't be applied on BLA. Iran will never allow peace process because Iran has already sold out to India. best way is to solve TTP first and next job should be to destroy Tehran. We should prepare for a war because these spiritual monsters in Iran are assisting Indians.

I hope this works, NWFP deserve some peace and development.

Why don't you start air dropping pamphlets and speakerphone messages on a heli? Airdrop some food as a peace offering to the locals. Show some value. Do something left field. Use the media to send the locals messages.

This is if they are not foreign funded, if they are funded good luck negotiating, its been 16 years. NATO have already come and gone.

I actually just watched his interview now. Interviewer is really good, he dug deeper and Imran waffled. There is no concrete plan.

This is a peace offering for TTP and if they don't accept which I think they should, there will be the biggest operation you will ever see in Pakistan. I'm talking full attack mode 100k + troops with gunships and jets, those peaks will be taken. PA always delivers.

Khan is being stupid and inconsiderate.
Ask APS parents if they can forgive TTP?
Who's IK to forgive the murderers of our children.
I hope this works, NWFP deserve some peace and development.

Why don't you start air dropping pamphlets and speakerphone messages on a heli? Airdrop some food as a peace offering to the locals. Show some value. Do something left field. Use the media to send the locals messages.

This is if they are not foreign funded, if they are funded good luck negotiating, its been 16 years. NATO have already come and gone.
NWFP is peaceful, its just the cancer attached to NWFP the tribal areas which is always in trouble, due to the people living there. They have only themselves to blame.
Go to Hazara division Mansehra division including Kaghan, Bafa, Kohistan Chilas, nothing ever happens in those areas and always peaceful.
Tribal peoples changez Khan mentality is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom