What's new

Pakistan-India semi-final possible

Mani2020

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India's win against West Indies means the quarter-final line-ups are sealed, with the intriguing possibility of an India-Pakistan semi-final in Mohali. But before that, India will need to get past Australia in Ahmedabad on March 24, while Pakistan will have to defeat West Indies in Mirpur on March 23.

The result of the last group match also means Sri Lanka will not need to play outside Colombo till the final, if they get that far. Sri Lanka's quarter-final will be against England at the Premadasa Stadium, a venue where they've won 29 ODIs and lost 17 since 2000. The winner of that game will play the winner of the third quarter-final in Mirpur, between South Africa and New Zealand. That semi-final will again be played in Colombo, which means both India and Sri Lanka have the chance to maximise their home advantage.

However, since the Mohali semi-final is the second one, on March 30, it means the winner of the first quarter-final, between Pakistan and West Indies, will have a six-day break, while India or Australia will have five. On the other hand, the winner of the last quarter-final, between Sri Lanka and England, will only get two days before they play their semi-final, though they'll have the advantage of playing at the same venue.

Yes, a semi final clash can happen and should happen, will be just FUN.

well Australia is a big hurdle in India's way to Semi-Final.
In my view, India should have lost the match with West-Indies. They had already qualified for the Quarter-Finals, by losing ,match with WI they had to compete Sri Lanka next. Which might have been easier for India to win. . .

In my view, India should have lost the match with West-Indies. They had already qualified for the Quarter-Finals, by losing ,match with WI they had to compete Sri Lanka next. Which might have been easier for India to win. . .

Well, to put it bluntly. you do not deserve to be world champions if you are afraid to BEAT the BEST.

India did the right thing by playing to its potential and INSHALLAH, we will show Australia its place on Thursday. :agree:

they really tried hard to loose the match but WI proved to be more weaker team lol

No team want to lose a match, whether that win bring them to tougher opposition or not.

Read the Aussie media - they are also quite upset at having drawn India as QF opponents. While Aussies have a better reputation - I think Lanka is the team to beat in this World Cup. I reckon Lanka will walk away with the Cup.

Read the Aussie media - they are also quite upset at having drawn India as QF opponents. While Aussies have a better reputation - I think Lanka is the team to beat in this World Cup. I reckon Lanka will walk away with the Cup.

I am not really worried about OZ coz if we play to our potential then we will win , Aus-pak match on 19th and India -Aus practice match had shown some weakness with aussie lineup , all we have to do that is to use there weaknesses to our advantage

We should also remember that Australia did lost 2 Straight test series and 2 straight ODI series to India in the last 18 month , while there last 2 series against India was there FIRST whitewash since 1970s

pak india s/f will be thriller. Any world cup matches involving these two countries at the home turf is always a classic. Remember q/f in 96? prasad vs sohail? still get goosebumps!!

For this we have to see the past because i think when ever India came against Pak in any World cup match India won , it will be better to face Australia in semis. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have beaten both AUS and Sri Lanka in this WC

Back
Top Bottom