What's new

Pakistan in talks for J-10 & have ordered KJ 2000?

Which Fighter is best for Pakistan to counter Rafale J-10B/C or J-11D ?

• J-10B/C

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • J-11D

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View attachment 217196 The news is right we are going for J-10B. They are already flying in Plaaf as a test bed for new missiles and weapons integration. China made these birds for us which could not be delivered as PAF tried for FC-31 which is not ready yet to mate wih any AIR FORCE.
The emphais is on the news being right!!!!!! Think of it. It talks a possible deal to be signed. A deal not signed, you include time for negotiating the deal, then the finances being sorted, and then the deal being signed. And then there is training for pilots, and you expect PAF to induct the plane and miraculously develop infrastructure for depot level maintenance. AND you expect it to all happen in one year. Subhan Allah, has no one got their thinking caps on.!! And while it is at it, it will also develop the infrastructure for JFT while it is developing the infrastructure for the J10 B. And train pilots to fly the J10 B while they are learning to Fly the JFT. Mairay bhai, this is not Tez Gaam express one is talking about, but a plane. And you are all hell bent on getting it just because it has AESA and IRST. and wait it can fly a bit longer, therefore get 40 and how are we going to pay for it? This is all Sheikh Chilli stuff bereft of any logic and devoid of any substance.
IF AT ALL, J10B is inducted, it will not be inducted before 2020given the time of signing the deal, the modalities of the deal being ironed out, a suitable engine being agreed upon,as there have been reports from PAF about problems with the AL31having huge flame out during training sessions with the PAF. The list goes on and on. But if you want to dream on please do. Iam out of here!!! Last post!
Araz

I agree. But I think J-11's would've been nicer, specially a couple of squadrons for the Navy. But those will come too in the next few years. The economy is improving so spending a couple of billions on jets shouldn't be that big of a deal. You are buying 7 subs in one shot so there is money in the pipeline
I think the concern remains about the issue around AL31and its suitability for export.If that is the case and WS10 not being mature yet, we cant expect PLAAF to offer the plane and PAF will certainly not accept it. I think SU35 will be a bridge too far and PAF will have to wait to see how the J31 comes along. All other twin engines which is the way PAF will be forced to go to achieve parity, will be out of its reach in the not too distant future. F16s possibly yes, rest probably no till J31/equivalent comes along.
Araz

I think the concern remains about the issue around AL31and its suitability for export.If that is the case and WS10 not being mature yet, we cant expect PLAAF to offer the plane and PAF will certainly not accept it. I think SU35 will be a bridge too far and PAF will have to wait to see how the J31 comes along. All other twin engines which is the way PAF will be forced to go to achieve parity, will be out of its reach in the not too distant future. F16s possibly yes, rest probably no till J31/equivalent comes along.
Araz

Sir, there is no issue(s) with the Russian engines anymore. Whether Tumansky, Klimov or Saturn. Russians are well beyond allowing Pakistan the use of engines. So that shouldn't be a problem.

I agree. But I think J-11's would've been nicer, specially a couple of squadrons for the Navy. But those will come too in the next few years. The economy is improving so spending a couple of billions on jets shouldn't be that big of a deal. You are buying 7 subs in one shot so there is money in the pipeline

8 Submarines, rumored though.

BLKIII is not coming in another 5 years at least. J-10 brings us a breathing space, added capabilities not to mention a medium weight MR aircraft that JF-17 cannot be.

Hi,

Pakistan needs a minimal J10B with aesa quality aircraft now---.

I don't know where the posters are coming from---but china offered 20 of them last year out of existing stock---but Pakistan put a delay on it---were waiting for indian mmrca decision.

It is good to see posters understanding the concept of " integration " for J10B's----. By 2020---the inclusion of J10B will be too late.

I think the concern remains about the issue around AL31and its suitability for export.If that is the case and WS10 not being mature yet, we cant expect PLAAF to offer the plane and PAF will certainly not accept it.

AL engines are not an issue anymore. Russia wants a piece of the Pakistani economy's pie. They won't jeopardize many, many billions worth of dollars long term over a couple of billions worth of engines. Plus, AL engines being used, can be replaced easily with WS engines before they actually start to breakdown, in case relations go bad with the Russians. But this is highly unlikely for the next decade at the least. With Russians investing money into Pakistan, it is even more unlikely.

We normally hide defense deals related to Missile and Nuclear cooperation.....i dont see any logic in hiding if there are deals related to submarine and J10...
We didn't even declared A-100 MRL and Artiller SH-1

Hi,

Pakistan needs a minimal J10B with aesa quality aircraft now---.

I don't know where the posters are coming from---but china offered 20 of them last year out of existing stock---but Pakistan put a delay on it---were waiting for indian mmrca decision.

It is good to see posters understanding the concept of " integration " for J10B's----. By 2020---the inclusion of J10B will be too late.
We need two to three squadron at least and soon

Look honestly....the time for 4th gen and to some extent 4.5 gen is ending in my opinion.
It can't be..

Manufacturing and maintaining 5th gen. aircraft is not a walk in the park, even for a super power like USA.. So, 4/4.5 gen with 5 gen tech would be there for about 40 50 years... Unless there is a drastic cost reduction or mass production of UCAV and their heavy use..

Maybe someone from the Pakistani members can explain me where are these recent rumors about the renewed interest and a possible immediate acquisition are from ???

I need to admit that this is not my min-interest, but all I've heard and read so far is more from rumors from several news-groups and a lot of "wishful thinking". That does not mean that I don't agree that there is an urging requirement - I would concur that at least three maybe even four squadrons - would be ideal ... however what's the reality and most of all the financial/economic possibilities ?

Thanks in advance,
Deino

Maybe someone from the Pakistani members can explain me where are these recent rumors about the renewed interest and a possible immediate acquisition are from ???

I need to admit that this is not my min-interest, but all I've heard and read so far is more from rumors from several news-groups and a lot of "wishful thinking". That does not mean that I don't agree that there is an urging requirement - I would concur that at least three maybe even four squadrons - would be ideal ... however what's the reality and most of all the financial/economic possibilities ?

Thanks in advance,
Deino
Janes and our own news papers are saying this

Janes and our own news papers are saying this

Thanks ... but to admit, the quality of Jane's in recent days in regard to anything on China is far from what I would call "reliable" !

Anyway I'm eager awaiting any news ...

Deino

Thanks ... but to admit, the quality of Jane's in recent days in regard to anything on China is far from what I would call "reliable" !

Anyway I'm eager awaiting any news ...

Deino
Pakistan in recent days are on the roll from MBT 3000 to SH 1 to MRL to WZ-10 and many more

It can't be..

Manufacturing and maintaining 5th gen. aircraft is not a walk in the park, even for a super power like USA.. So, 4/4.5 gen with 5 gen tech would be there for about 40 50 years... Unless there is a drastic cost reduction or mass production of UCAV and their heavy use..

That's a good point. I should have taken into account the production and maintenance cost as well.

However I should've mentioned as I've been mentioning ever since my first post on this forum that I am a big advocate of UCAVs and PAF should definitely give them a high-priority. My general argument is that Pakistan should stop playing catch up and really focus on the future because I suppose the F-16s...J-10s and even the JFTs ain't gonna be of much help after 10-15 years.

Previously Chinese Submarines, Chinese Attack Hellos, Russian Mi35s, and FC20 were rumors. Now one by one everything is realizing no matter in which quantity, by the way Pak is not such a poor country as depicted by many or like to see it in miserable condition.
As for topic J10b is not made of paper that it will last at once, it ishall be much better than block 52 F16s or Mlued F16s due to following reasons. Further in future with induction of stealth jets even then Pak will require 4.5th gen Jets as work horses which may challenge even Fifth gen Jets.

1. High Flight ceiling.
2. Aesa Radar and IRST.
3.Semi Stealth Features.
4. Better Payload and Speed.
5.No strings attached, open for further improvement.

Back
Top Bottom