What's new

Pakistan imposes anti-dumping duty on China’s steel products

What about indian steel?

What about it? Pakistan imports 0 of it obv (unless some makes it way through dubai, but that would be too obvious given UAE has next to no steel production of its own).

What about it? Pakistan imports 0 of it obv (unless some makes it way through dubai, but that would be too obvious given UAE has next to no steel production of its own).

I am told by @ali_raza that Indian stamp "made in china" on our steel and send it Afghanistan or UAE for it to be trafficked into pakistan.

I am told by @ali_raza that Indian stamp "made in china" on our steel and send it Afghanistan or UAE for it to be trafficked into pakistan.
i didn't say made in india stamped china.its usually stamped made in UAE.
and btw the ban is not china specific

I have no idea what you are trying to say. English is India's de facto national language, try using it once in a while.
Then get an idea :)
And by the way its de facto english ,i bet others u cant understand ,wanna try me??:)
If u cant see it doesnt mean whole world is blind..

Then get an idea :)
And by the way its de facto english ,i bet others u cant understand ,wanna try me??:)
If u cant see it doesnt mean whole world is blind..

You seem to be a very intelligent young man. I'll tell you what, I'll reply when I can figure out what you are trying to say.

China has invested and built steel plants in Pakistan and Will be locally produced in Pakistan in the future.

Last edited:
No one else selling Steel to Pakistan at such low price. Its pretty much a China specific tariff.

Whats the total amount of steel that Pakistan imports from "UAE"?
pakistan steel mills are about to kick start.so to give the potential buyers a plus point in local industry.just think how can we sell such a huge asset if we dont have market for it.

Its best to let in the cheapest steel you can find (which is generally China these days), shut down the pakistan steel industry (which jobs wise is not a big one) and allow the cheap imported steel supply to make more profitable manufacturing industries (where the real jobs are created). Or at least have a plan that moves to this direction.

Pakistan is very much neither here nor there in steel industry...it should make up its mind, pick a strategy and commit to it. A few jobs should not be subsidised by tariffs so much when they come at the cost of more jobs in other industries.

@Shotgunner51 I would like to hear your views on this matter.

ISL has some political connections to get this sort of verdict in their favor...otherwise a lot of industry in Pakistan has collapsed due to Chinese dumping and no one was able to move a hand in Islamabad...a product in question is galvanized coils..and a few workers losing jobs will be absorbed in downstream manufacturing..however, the real problem is that Chinese factories run for the sake of keeping people employed at lowest wage...they have no sense of input cost, profits, quality etc...the Chinese products being dumped in Pakistani market..may be in theory hold the concept of being beneficial to down stream manufacturing for being lowest cost..but actually they are also of dubious quality and end up serving no purpose other than hurt local industry..as well as flight of forex against import of junkware.

I have actually read TATA stamps on one of the the steel lenghts. So, ... ?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom