What's new

Pakistan imports $3b Indian goods via Dubai

And the recent example is import of Onion from Pakistan when prices of onion went high in Indian Market..

:angel: yeh why should Pakistanis trust India for trade where you bharatis violate the already signed trade accords leaving our traders in the lurch at the last moment and thus damage them financially and also ruining the trust of their customers.

Dear Jana thanks for agreeing.

But one thing to tell that India is not a bunch of Shiv Sainiks (Member of Shivena) and Pakistan is not a handful of Islamic extreamists. There are vast number of peoples, may be more than we would expect who are in favor of mutual co-operation and joint development of economy..
regards

You are very right. But again the issue is that more than our govt your secular govt bowed down to your hardliners like Shiv Sena.

The point again is will India ENSURE SMOOTH TRADE and Obeying the written trade deals in future?
Jana seriously do you even know how much clout does Shiv Sena have in Indian political scene. Not much outside Maharshtra and even there they are not in power currently. So stop raising Shiv Sena bogey just for the sake of it.

@Ares
No point talking about MFN status man. ice_man will probably again quote himself :D

these are some astounding figures given when all this is accounted for and not the trade that happens through smuggling.

india's official exports to pakistan are 1.4b usd, add to this the figure of 3b usd routed through dubai and singapore which is a result of orders placed by pakistanis through these routes, which means when clubbed india topples rest of the countries including china to be pakistan's top importing partner by a near % point, this when china and pakistan have a fta in place, china has the cake and eats it too, india is still to earn a MNF status, and when repeated attempts have been made to cut down trade with india, which comes along with a lot of hate filled rhetoric.

the thing to be further noted is india has a non-double taxation treaty with singapore and not the same with dubai and an advanced version of fta in place, which means anything routed through singapore would cost way-way less and the interesting fact pakistan's trade with singapore and malaysia (india again having an advanced version of fta in place) has seen a big spurt in the past 1-2years time line which means even if the pakistanis are not directly ordering indian goods/produce through these routes they are still being sold the stuff which may be pitched as made in singapore/malaysia but actually being sourced from india (india's trade with these two countries has phenomenally increased since those fta's came into being).

then there remain the legendary smuggling routes via punjab/sindh/iran/afghanistan, so irrespective of india not being given the MNF status or not officially being approached for further trade, indians still dominate the import market of pakistan.

every thing put together, accounted and unaccounted, india is doing some very smart export numbers to pakistan with all the road blocks, quite a phenomenon one might add!

Classic example of warped economic policies. I have another thread ( Click this link- http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...an-falls-love-its-economic-determent-imo.html )discussing how Pakistan must rethink its trade deals with china to its benefit and now here I say- it needs to rethink trade with India. its seems to be importing more from India ( directly+ indirectly) than china!

But again- here you have India giving PAK favored trade status but it is not being given by Pakistan to its detriment!( limiting Indians to allow only few items sold to India directly). Can any Pakistani that is economically minded here, dispute my stance of it benefits Pakistan?

@INDIANS
There is nothing idiotic about what pakistan is doing.. As a businessman, i can tell you, there is no alcohol as intoxicating as free trade. get a life!

It is idiotic..
when you are neighbors..that trade has to come from a third nation and that too on the other side.
well... cant help the leaders now can we.
What I believe is Nawazji govt in inerested to get the goods directly from Ind but there is pressure from pak army to not to do so...correct if I am wrong

Back
Top Bottom