What's new

Pakistan imports $3b Indian goods via Dubai

really glad to see Pakistani members are in support of increased trade. thanks guys:smitten::pakistan:
just repeating what others have said, trade can significantly reduce tensions and open avenues for talks. What I wouldn't give to visit multan again, my ancestors' hometown

Inspite of what military leaders or analyst says from both sides... mutual dependancy and stability in the region will bring end to most of the problems faced by both nation. I firmly believe that a stable Pakistan is in Indias' interest. And why not it should be.. WE pay huge for various comodities we import. Gas pipeline through Pakistan to India from Iran can pave way for economic properity. Diffinately there would be obstacles from both sides.. But where there aren't any obstacles. I am a Medicine research scientist at Wockhardt Pharma.. I know the medicens from India or tieups with various organizations in Pakistan would drastically reduce the cost of Healthcare. May God/Allah give some of his blessing for imrpovement of trade ties..

With Regards
Drunken Monke
(Shrikant Parwate, India)

I know at least one business man who made profit of millions by doing this. Just repackaging and transmitting goods from India to Pakistan via Dubai ... . Dubai is getting more trade and other benefits by become trade hub... just think if some small town on India and Pakistan side become hub for almost 135 billion INR or 252.87 Billion PKR worth of trade ... thousand of people can get employment ... more thousands can get indirect benefits from that and both gov. will stop occasional firing on border to keep trade running smoothly ...
Those villages can get nice infrastructure too

Sorry for day dreaming ... can't see any thing nice happening between two nations in near future ..

It is idiotic..
when you are neighbors..that trade has to come from a third nation and that too on the other side.
well... cant help the leaders now can we.

well santro i thought you knew the RED TAPE india has in place!

by the way i think alot of pakistani brands are sold in indian packing in middle east!

Indians selling Pakistani rice under Indian banner...

Non-tariff Barriers Hindering Export to India - Pudaily (pu366.com) Polyurethanes News, Market Reports, Pricing and Manufacturers

Pakistan is trying to call itself victum, but no one is buying this outside Pakistan.

If you are Victum, it is because of your own policies.

:angel: yeh why should Pakistanis trust India for trade where you bharatis violate the already signed trade accords leaving our traders in the lurch at the last moment and thus damage them financially and also ruining the trust of their customers.

Inspite of what military leaders or analyst says from both sides... mutual dependancy and stability in the region will bring end to most of the problems faced by both nation. I firmly believe that a stable Pakistan is in Indias' interest. And why not it should be.. WE pay huge for various comodities we import. Gas pipeline through Pakistan to India from Iran can pave way for economic properity. Diffinately there would be obstacles from both sides.. But where there aren't any obstacles. I am a Medicine research scientist at Wockhardt Pharma.. I know the medicens from India or tieups with various organizations in Pakistan would drastically reduce the cost of Healthcare. May God/Allah give some of his blessing for imrpovement of trade ties..

With Regards
Drunken Monke
(Shrikant Parwate, India)

You are very right. But again the issue is that more than our govt your secular govt bowed down to your hardliners like Shiv Sena.

The point again is will India ENSURE SMOOTH TRADE and Obeying the written trade deals in future?

:angel: yeh why should Pakistanis trust India for trade where you bharatis violate the already signed trade accords leaving our traders in the lurch at the last moment and thus damage them financially and also ruining the trust of their customers.

hey jana,

india transports fair n lovely to pakistan..

how many u have?
its amazing that u r cursing my nation even now?:lol::lol::lol:

take it from me,bring sweetness to ur post...:D

fair-%26-lovely-winter-cream.jpg

This kind of illicit trading(using Dubai as the middle man) has no effect on Indian exporters(as they are getting the same price for their goods as they would have got if directly trading with Pakistan) but have negative consequences for Pakistani importers (as they are paying higher price, than they would have, had they directly picked up goods from India.)

Until India stops terrorism in Pakistan, tradee with India should be minimized.

Is it !!!!

and what shall we eat? How much of agricultural activity is done in our country ???

Please think before you write ...

We import almost every kind of vegetables from India .... a trade ban with India wouldn't hamper them at all .... but destroy us economically or whatever is left of that word in our country....

Seriously ..... there are people like you in our govt .... thats why the country is in such a mess ....

By not trading directly you are ones who are suffering(not us)..whether you accept it or not you are still buying Indian goods ..but your inability to accept this fact is helping Dubai traders leech of you.

What commodities,products Pakistan import from India in general? isn't Chinese products cheaper for You?

well santro i thought you knew the RED TAPE india has in place!

by the way i think alot of pakistani brands are sold in indian packing in middle east!

Indians selling Pakistani rice under Indian banner...

Non-tariff Barriers Hindering Export to India - Pudaily (pu366.com) Polyurethanes News, Market Reports, Pricing and Manufacturers

i can't believe i have to quote myself so the indians can READ THIS TIME THAT PAKISTAN DOESN'T MIND TRADING DIRECT IT IS THE INDIANS THAT HAVE ISSUES!

Why not import directly from India?? Trade will benefit both ways..India unlike China is also a very big export market and out business men desperately need to boost exports. This anti-india trade ban is remains of cold war when americans dictated our internal polices...its time to shrug off and start neutral..as much as we dislike indians politically we should not have a problem in trading, dining, playing and commerce with them.

Now its turn for the indians to learn the lesson and eliminate their double speak red-tape barriers..while they talk about MFN and trade, they keep banning most vital exports..so all they want is to maintain a deficit with us for political hedge.

i can't believe i have to quote myself so the indians can READ THIS TIME THAT PAKISTAN DOESN'T MIND TRADING DIRECT IT IS THE INDIANS THAT HAVE ISSUES!

India gave you MFN status long time back ..but its you who is not ready to reciprocate ..by not doing so you are not able to enjoy the benefits of Indian MFN...and then are complaining about India non tarif barriers.
" In international economic relations and international politics, most favoured nation (MFN) is a status or level treatment accorded by one state to another in international trade. The term means the country which is the recipient of this treatment must, nominally, receive equal trade advantages as the "most favored nation" by the country granting such treatment. (Trade advantages include low tariffs or high import quotas.) In effect, a country that has been accorded MFN status may not be treated less advantageously than any other country with MFN status by the promising country."

Back
Top Bottom