What's new

Pakistan : IMF shuts doors on another loan

You are bloody stupid who don't know anything about economy. The leaders who can't do justice with 2.5 Trillion Ruppees (on Taxes and other incomes), how they gonna do anything with some bunch of million dollars? If the leaders who can't stop corruption and start inducing new corruption system into the system.. cant control their own expenditures, what and how even another 1 Trillion Ruppees TAX will do anything good to Pakistan. Lastly you are stupid since you are living outside Pakistan and don't know how much common pakistani is paying in taxes yet b******n in the forum on we are not paying taxes.

first correct Tax system, increase transparency, then ask for more taxes.. A common employee in Pakistan pays 45++% of their spending just in taxes still you are asking for More..

:tup: :tup: :tup:

I agree with u to some extent but u r missing the bigger picture brother

I agree that there is lack of transparency n high corruption but we too have the same situation in india
Our scandals r way lot bigger then urs (last i heard was INR 2 lakh cr) but that doesn't mean that indians have decided not to pay taxes anymore
a big chunk of a normal indians income do goes to various direct n indirect taxes

U u guys got to understand that we r a developing nation n loop holes will always be there n those of u who r not paying taxes r ur own people n no outsider

They problem of pakistan is still the same from its inception u have always been ruled by the elite, the zagirdars, the vaderas n untill u guys bring a new revolution u always will be ruled by them

The leadership will come from within no outsider can help here whether its china or saudi

N as far as loan cancellation is concerned there is nothing to be proud of as the loans of IMF n world bank always have strings attached to them that makes them difficult to be misused n do help to do some actual develppment

So rather then being about it u guys must be angry about it just as the Bangladeshis r n i would rather say that make this as an election issue to defame corrupt PPP leader n a normal pakistani should come out n ask justice for there crimes

The call is urs now....:pakistan:

You are actually missing bigger picture, no one is saying he is not going pay taxes. But to increase current Tax turn-over it is required to increase transparency. Everyone is paying tax. The one who are not paying, are not because they have stopped. But it is their power which is making FBR to even ask for the tax. Which is again Government issue. But saying Pakistani don't pay tax is totally vague statement. Issue is not that, it is Governance, corruption. Show me a single person who don't pay tax. Here even if you are taking your own money out of bank you have to pay tax. What else you expect from Pakistani People?

And this is one reason, why every pakistani is thanking IMF for stopping loans to Pakistani Government, since we all know, nothing gonna happen with this, no welfare.. only pakistani population will go under more pressure. More revenue will go out of Pakistani Economy and in the end Pakistan will call a fail state.

On the other hand, if pakistan can get up alone (without IMF, US or China's Help) then nothing can stop Pakistan to become one of the most developed country of the world.

Loan makes burden alone..

well in todays world i dont think anybody is "illiterate" when its comes to economy. People here are happy because the loans before were not used for the purpose of helping Pakistan or Its public. This govt used it on its own "shah Kharchian".... All employed people of Pakistan pay tax (As its deduct on salaries). There is no point on forcing public to pay more tax when politicians themselve pay Rs.5000 tax on their income. We are happy that IMF rejected the loan because if the money is not going to help Pakistanis. Why do you expect us to be happy on having a loan on our shoulders which will not help us at all.

u r just seeing one side of the problem the other side since the elites r not paying any taxes for such a long time they will try not to pay any taxes in future also no matter whether its IK or somebody else n we r not asking the normal salaried based pakistani to pay taxes rather we r asking the small businessmen next door to the ruling elites of pakistan to start paying taxes

N rather than being happy why there is no anger no rage as we see in Bangladeshi for loan cancellation
So guys should take this issue to the this matter to the highest level and question the govt for its wrong doings like we did the whole india stood by Anna Hazare in its campaign against corruption

Why don't we see such thing in pakistan when all the 3 nation fought togather for independence???? :undecided:

Fkk the IMF and try to stand on your own feet.......shame on us to go for begging again to the blood S*kker/killer again.......:smokin:

Cool down man....you just need to support your supreme court, so that it can send the corrupt to gallows. After that everything will be fine.

Far too many Pakistani members here are economic illiterates who seem unable to comprehend the dire state of their economy. Voting for Imran Khan or any other will make no difference if the people who vote for him refuse to pay taxes & instead count on a miracle happening just because the name board at the top has changed. Imran Khan's policies (of a divorce from the U.S.)if implemented will only send Pakistani economy into a tailspin to the bottom & quick. If IK does what is necessary, he simply won't be any more popular than Zardari. Pakistanis keep hoping for a miracle & quite simply, only a miracle can save their economy. Just when that will happen is million dollar....no make that a billion dollar question!

Hey jabroni I think the best thing for you to do is SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!. I only see venom in your words, you don't know any thing about Pakistan so SHUT UP!!!!

As Usual Indian are more worried about Pakistan than Pakistanis, no Pakistani cares about IMF loans

Thats because they're "Pakistan experts".

Or the more common term would be obsession.

Thats because they're "Pakistan experts".

Or the more common term would be obsession.

discussing about pakistan in paksitan defence forum is obsession? and then you complain you dont have enough discussion related to pakistan. hypocrites

discussing about pakistan in paksitan defence forum is obsession? and then you complain you dont have enough discussion related to pakistan. hypocrites

Sorry I forgot to add trolling in there too.

I want IMF and WORLD BANK to be declared as banned organizations in Pakistan and their representatives refused visas. We dont want these morons in Pakistan. Every penny loaned by these corrupt organizations goes to the corrupt politicians who siphon off these proceeds and the funds are moved to their offshore accounts. The poor Paksitani Taxpayers have to payback these loans while Pakistan gets no benefit from such loans. Kick the Bas***** out and don't let them in.

Indians should feel free to maintain their relationship with IMF and WORLD BANK. Just DON'T TRY TO PEDDLE THIS S*** to us.

I want IMF and WORLD BANK to be declared as banned organizations in Pakistan and their representatives refused visas. We dont want these morons in Pakistan. Every penny loaned by these corrupt organizations goes to the corrupt politicians who siphon off these proceeds and the funds are moved to their offshore accounts. The poor Paksitani Taxpayers have to payback these loans while Pakistan gets no benefit from such loans. Kick the Bas***** out and don't let them in.

Indians should feel free to maintain their relationship with IMF and WORLD BANK. Just DON'T TRY TO PEDDLE THIS S*** to us.

Wow due, THe IMF has financed dozens of poor countries and have helped em establish an economy.

U ppl steal there money and then rant against IMF.. ? The Corrupt people are Pakistani not IMF employees,u voted them y the rant now?.

Pakistanis have developed this perfect amalgam of anti societal values and point of views in there minds ,that have no place in realism ,

this is nothing but escapist in nature.

U still have to return the huge debt and u don't have and reserves or gold to just bail yourself out.

Where do u turn next ?China?
Good luck with that.

Pakistan is begging since 1947........Pakistani army turned Pakistanis into beggars

Army? Wrong.. I don't know about General Ayub's time. But in General Zia's time pakistan recorded highest GNP 6.3% (highest in the world at that time) and no loans. Same case in Musharaf's Time.

i m totally surprised by response of pakistanis here
I mean their economy is already screwed
Then they don't wanna pay taxes n help their own country
N on top of that when govt tries to take foreign loan(bcoz of lower tax to gdp ratio) for development of the nation n it gets cancelled they r happy more then ever

N in another thread their blood brothers Bangladeshis r crying when world bank cancelled their loan:undecided:

Well if our economy is really upscrewed it's good news for you guy's so off you go and celebrate. I think if anything Bengali's are your 'bloodbrothers' - Have you forgotten 1971 Bangla-Indian lovefest?

To the Pakistani's - Guy's it's all and well being happy IMF has refused any more loans as long as we do something to address the fundamental problem in Pakistan.

Too much of our economy is undocumented and beyond the pale of taxation. All countries have this problem but in Pakistan we have taken this to another level.

I reckon 95% of Balochistan is undocumented, in Khyber Paktunkwa it must be about 85% tops. Only in parts of Punjab or Karachi is the economy documented to within 60% plus.

This has two effects. First Pakistan struggles to collect enough taxes which is why we have to go to IMF etc. The second effects of this is when World Bank etc calculated our GDP and per capita the figures are gross underestimates of the true situation.

In other words Pakistani per capita is far higher then the figures you see which gives the Indian's the pleasure of pointing out their per capita which is slightly higher then Pakistan's when the reality is ours is higher.

How do we know this? Well when there is income there is expenditure. People may hide their income from the taxman but they will spend that money. Check out Pakistan's consumption and you will see.

People may choose not to buy fancy cars but nobody is going to avoid buying food or other basic needs. Check figures for malnourished people in India and Pakistan and you will see my point.

well in todays world i dont think anybody is "illiterate" when its comes to economy. People here are happy because the loans before were not used for the purpose of helping Pakistan or Its public. This govt used it on its own "shah Kharchian".... All employed people of Pakistan pay tax (As its deduct on salaries). There is no point on forcing public to pay more tax when politicians themselve pay Rs.5000 tax on their income. We are happy that IMF rejected the loan because if the money is not going to help Pakistanis. Why do you expect us to be happy on having a loan on our shoulders which will not help us at all.

You have one of the lowest tax coverage,

Check your own govt report.
Pakistan barely managed 8.9 percent Tax-to-GDP ratio in fiscal year 2009-10.
Unfortunately the country is being run on the financial oxygen being provided by
international donor’s agencies.

http://www.dgtrdt.gov.pk/Research/37th_synndicate_ rports/5.pdf

Back
Top Bottom