What's new

Pakistan Hypersonic research

Chinese hypersonic weapons of intermediate and short ranges are certainly accessible to Pakistan for use in emergency for our defense agreements. Anyway you can certainly have access to Chinese supercomputers and hypersonic wind tunnels for your own research. It will save a lot of money. Most supercomputers are very busy though. I think Chinese research academies and labs can just offer some solutions to problems and assist in saving much time and money. But this is still very exotic technology but India shifting to become certain enemy of China with no hope of good relations means China lose nothing in helping Pakistan more. India talks about sending weapons to Vietnam and Taiwan etc but Taiwan will not be interested since they have their own amazing engineers and access to US weaponry but Vietnam is likely except so far nothing offered and accepted. We will see. India may sell Vietnam Tejas or Arjun and some Prithvis. Personally I think China should try to maintain good relations with India but this question is very complex and has many voices only of extreme opinions and sharing of facts. Anyway if India receive hypersonics I cannot see Pakistan not wanting to balance it with their own even if they just purchase from China like India purchase from Russia.

Developing Pakistan's hypersonic is actually quite important for China. We both will soon need hypersonic defense technology when India receives Russia Zircon in the form of Brahmos II missiles. This is as important as Pakistan's own hypersonic offensive weapons which can be thrown at India if India fires on Pakistan.

What about supersonic technology?
Anything that is faster than the speed of sound is considered supersonic.All our missiles are supersonic, everyones are, apart from a some cruise missiles.

Hypersonic is a term used for speeds more than 5 times the speed of sound.

A Pakistan program on hypersonic technology research has been initiated, it involves a number of organisations and research institutes.

There have been certain milestones completed, which will in the next decade be maybe fruitful.

Funding could be a problem, because of mindsets not having enough vision about the future of warfare, we shall see.

@Rafi posts this news yesterday and Chinese media reports this today. Interesting coincidence !!!

after a decade they will just buy it from china and do a little paint job, give it an Arabic name and walla we have produced an indigenous hypersonic weapon.

A Pakistan program on hypersonic technology research has been initiated, it involves a number of organisations and research institutes.

There have been certain milestones completed, which will in the next decade be maybe fruitful.

Funding could be a problem, because of mindsets not having enough vision about the future of warfare, we shall see.

Great news.

1.) Is this direct knowledge due to your own involvement in R&D or from the horse's mouth (i.e. someone at NESCOM, DESTO, etc.)?

2.) Perhaps extorting $1bn from corrupt politicians/tax evaders and funneling it through SPD's various R&D orgs can do the trick? Oh wait, this is Pakistan --- the land of deals where the corrupt never really get punished!

That funding part made me less optimistic... Many programs have been shelved because of lack of funds...i am afraid it will meet the same end as well but let's see.

Anyone knows if Pakistanis are working on Engines' technology or not!!
That is the most tricky part in most battlefield weapons, which use flight of a kind.
Sooner we reach there , better for us. The components' technology is relatively easier to obtain, compared to the main Engines' and other important components.
I hope we don't go down "Indi Genius" route of India. Instead make substantial and meaningful progress towards our aims and goals.

We need a holistic view of national security including setting milestones for economy and proper oversight to remove any hurdles that may come in the way because economy is a matter of national security and survival.

We need a holistic view of national security including setting milestones for economy and proper oversight to remove any hurdles that may come in the way because economy is a matter of national security and survival.
We need a holistic view of national security power including setting milestones for economy and proper oversight to remove any hurdles that may come in the way because economy is a matter of national security and survival.

We need a holistic view of national security power including setting milestones for economy and proper oversight to remove any hurdles that may come in the way because economy is a matter of national security and survival.

True, once it’s potential is unleashed unhindered by petty issues of our own creation it will translate into our national power.

Till then we will keep hearing of it to be the bottle neck to all the direly needed initiatives and a risk to our national security.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom