What's new

Pakistan has world’s largest WiMAX network

Congrats pakistan :tup:.

Just checked the tariff on wanteen website...1 mbps connection costs Rs 1399 :undecided: very costly.

@markus what you talking man i am on BSNL 3g that too in a village in tamil nadu.... i get D= 400-430kB/sec : UP = 190-230kB/sec and i pay just Rs 700/month for my 3g(diwali offer :yahoo:)

I believe when u say 700 vs 1399 u kept in view the currency parity. Lastly u said 400-430 KBps or Kbps there is difference of 8 ...

Facts:
1. Pakistan has the world's First WiMAX 802.16e Commercial Deployment in 2007 with Wateen with a Total Contracted Site Count of around 1200 in upto 27 Cities. Although The Commercial Deployment Never Exceeded 1001 and On Air Site highest count was 989. It is still the Largest WiMAX Network in the 3.5 Ghz Spectrum
2. Clearwire Sprint Is the Current Largest Network in the World. Although I dont know the exact count in the world
3. Pakistan's Motorola WiMAX Team is considered Pioneers in WiMAX Deployment, Manages Services and Support.
4. Pakistan's Motorola was the only other country after Motorola USA to have a Global Support Center For Supporting over 104 Commerical, Trial and Test Networks Around the World.
5. Motorola Pakistan Team Deployed the World's First Spatial Diversity or SAAP based 802.16e Network in Bahrain i.e Mena Telecom
6. Besides this the Local Team and Expertise Helped to Design, Deploy, Support over 19 Network Directly in the World.
4. Pakistan has over 7 Networks with 5 Commercial Based and 2 In use with the Government. Total Combined Site Base is In excess of 3000 WiMAX Based Based Stations

Back
Top Bottom