What's new

Pakistan has defaulted : Khawaja Asif

reminds me of David Cameron, holistically anti EU then pro EU. I didn't use bad language but only share my thoughts on the shift in narratives. :partay:

Except that there is NO shift in any narrative that I have put forward on PDF. Building up a lie as a foundation will NEVER work. Please carry on "woof woofing" as you like. :D

The worst part of IK is that he used populism to come to power and then implemented populist policies leading to a worse economic situation we see today

He followed the script that he was given, but then he let it all go to his head believing all the lies he told for himself. And then came the inevitable fall, as it always does. :D

This is the promise IK made:

PTI will end corruption in 19 days, terrorism in 90 days: Imran Khan​

Good to know that this is an election promise for a cycle where he did not get into power. This from 2012 for 2013 cycle. Given that he won in 2018, please fine something from the right election cycle.

The worst part of IK is that he used populism to come to power and then implemented populist policies leading to a worse economic situation we see today

Compare this to Modi, who also used populism in order to come to power but once Modi was in power he implemented tough economic reforms for which results we see today in India.

People love IK to much and are blinded by that rather than thinking rationaly. In all 4 years in power his only major domestic achievement was his handling of covid. He could have leveraged how early and quick pak came out of the pandemic compared to other major nations. Unfortnately as his other promises he never delivered.

His only foreign policy victory was shooting down indian jets and returning the pilot without escalation.

Other than these 2 achievements all else was a failure. IK had enough power were he could have done so so much. Yet failed to do anything.

Yes IK is still better than the other lot. He is not corrupt and has good intentions, but why does he never follow his own speeches or implement what he preaches to others??? Whether having a strong team, increasing tax revenue, tackling corruption, etc… all performance indicators declined during his term, you simply have to look at global indexes to get an idea.

Me personally I dont think IK has the managerial skills to run the nation. He is more of an inspirational figurehead for the masses. If he does come back to power (which he will given fair elections are held) id strongly prefer him to become the President and let a capable economic team run the country (PM, CMs, FM)
Your thinking Is deeply flawed. You forget about increasing remittances, increasing FDI through roshan digital, you forget about IT exports, 6% growth rate, controlled primary CAD, health care cards, export growth, etc.

I am all for pointing out IKs failures. And contextualizing his success. But if you do such a botch job on facts, you lose credibility to criticize.

Last edited:
One flaw here- IK is not corrupt. While NS corruption was known since the 90s. Screaming that he his, ain’t gonna make him so or convince anyone hat he is.

Thanks for proving my point exactly.

Third option is that he succeeded in limited context. To consider this option, please post the promise, consider all possible contexts, and then analyze whether he really failed in curbing corruption as you claim. At least, the big ticket corruption items were indeed halted. NAB recoveries at all time high.
We know the present lot are corrupt. But IK promised to end corruption in 90 days. and he did not. So either he lied or is incompetent. No third choice here for IK's performance.
The third explanation is that the corrupt generals and judiciary and agencies did not allow him to end corruption as their retirement funds would be directly affected…

This system is designed to do precisely that: throw up alternating savior messiahs-to-be to draw away the malcontents and then defuse the situation, like a safety valve, while the real power brokers go about their merry ways. Pretty clever, in fact, if one is within the system or a beneficiary of it, like many here on PDF.

What’s amazing is Pakistanis are so aware of this now more than they have ever been and they still pin their hopes on their favourite xyz personality - “if he gets another chance, he will turn things around and not be a puppet again” 🤦‍♀️

The cycle continues

If IMF is so bad then why go to them for loans? IMF doesn't force anyone to go to them. If IK hates the IMF so much then why did he go to the IMF as soon as he became the PM?

yf8vpta7jot71.jpg
Now I understand you have no knowledge of what happened in 2018.

In 2018 we had only 7 billion reserve when Imran khan came to power even then he tried his best not to go to imf rather asking other friendly country for support but in the end had to go to imf.

I have made thread and posted many times about situation of 2018 you check

What’s amazing is Pakistanis are so aware of this now more than they have ever been and they still pin their hopes on their favourite xyz personality - “if he gets another chance, he will turn things around and not be a puppet again” 🤦‍♀️

The cycle continues
Can I be perfectly honest here?

The cynic inside me would have believed that IK is indeed guilty and has a skeleton or two in his closet. However, the recent cases of the PDM establishment, toshakhana cases, and others shows that the establishment doesn’t even have sticky mud to throw on him. That makes me think that no sticky mud exists as far as he is concerned. Not with regards to corruption at least. Clv

Good to know that this is an election promise for a cycle where he did not get into power. This from 2012 for 2013 cycle. Given that he won in 2018, please fine something from the right election cycle.

Yes, I know. I posted that intentionally to show that IK has been lying to the nation all along, not just when he was in power. Similar promises during his second election campaign are also available as links, if you are interested. They are a matter of record.

The third explanation is that the corrupt generals and judiciary and agencies did not allow him to end corruption as their retirement funds would be directly affected…

Please stop making excuses for the proven failures of IK. It did not work then, and it will not work now.

The cycle continues

The well-known signs of a cult include the inability of the followers to believe provable facts clearly in evidence that run contrary to their faith in their cult leader showing what a fraud they are through and through.

We know the present lot are corrupt. But IK promised to end corruption in 90 days. and he did not. So either he lied or is incompetent. No third choice here for IK's performance.

Ask Bajwa who was protecting the PDM in IK's tenure and was forcing IK to give them NRO. IK refused and this NRO was eventually given after PDM was bought into power. IK would have been PM now had given them NRO in his premiership.

Ask Bajwa who was protecting the PDM in IK's tenure and was forcing IK to give them NRO. IK refused and this NRO was eventually given after PDM was bought into power. IK would have been PM now had given them NRO in his premiership.

Mere pathetic excuses. Why was IK lying to the nation when he was happy to be on the "same page" then? Or was he just too stupid to know he was a pawn?

Mere pathetic excuses. Why was IK lying to the nation when he was happy to be on the "same page" then? Or was he just too stupid to know he was a pawn?

The problem with you is that you don't discuss the role of Bajwa, his crook Generals, PDM, Judiciary, police, bureaucracy and talk on tiny matters of why did IK say this and why did IK didn't say this. There are things when IK and military were on the same page initially and then both fell apart.

IK couldn't even register the FIR against Maj Gen Faisal Naseer for his assassination attempt when he had Govt in Punjab and KPK and you expect IK to go against Bajwa publicly when he was COAS.

The problem with you is that you don't discuss the role of Bajwa, his crook Generals, PDM, Judiciary, police, bureaucracy and talk on tiny matters of why did IK say this and why did IK didn't say this. There are things when IK and military were on the same page initially and then both fell apart.

IK couldn't even register the FIR against Maj Gen Faisal Naseer for his assassination attempt when he had Govt in Punjab and KPK and you expect IK to go against Bajwa publicly when he was COAS.

BWAHAHA!

I have been speaking up about the REAL villains in all of this for over TEN years on PDF, even when all the PTI brigade was sleeping until IK was removed.

Again, for the umpteenth time: NO, I do not support the current corrupt tola. NONE of them. I hate NS the MOST.

But this does NOT mean that IK is any better. He is just another pawn, and a lying egomaniac.

BWAHAHA!

I have been speaking up about the REAL villains in all of this for over TEN years on PDF, even when all the PTI brigade was sleeping until IK was removed.

Again, for the umpteenth time: NO, I do not support the current corrupt tola. NONE of them. I hate NS the MOST.

But this does NOT mean that IK is any better. He is just another pawn, and a lying egomaniac.

Yes. This is what you do exactly. You don't discuss the role of military, PDM, judiciary, police and other state institutions in bringing the Pak to its current miserable condition but talk on tiny matters of IK like why did IK say this or why did IK not say this.

Then you try to equate IK with all the crook politicians, traitor generals, sell out Judiciary, worthless media because IK is not angel.

All your efforts is prove that IK is same as every one else by highlighting IK's small negative points while ignoring the day light treachery and corruption of others.

Yes. This is what you do exactly. You don't discuss the role of military

What did I just tell you above? Who exactly have I been pointing out as the REAL VILLAINS in ALL of this, including what happened to IK, both with his installation and his removal? Just how thick are you?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom