What's new

Pakistan has agreed to give Afghanistan trade access to India

I understand what you're saying, and I agree that the dividends from peace would be massive, but India-Pakistan peace is not in Pakistan's hands alone. It is Pakistan that has proposed numerous compromises on almost every single dispute while India has remained intrasigent.

You cannot buy peace with barrel of gun on the head. That's how India felt about Pakistan all these years. So, India being intransigent is by choice and not let a small country dictate its ways with proxies. :nono:

Pakistan and peace is oxymoron in my opinion. But we will give it a chance but with reservations.

In your reflection I see the "former" myself but mate it's over. My feeling about India will never change but it is time to move on.Time to accept reality. I think Pak needs to make peace with India and just simply eitheir confederate or go back to the days of the British Raj.

Are you suggesting we become indians?

Now let's see if BAL will seek connectivity to Pakistan, Afghanistan and beyond. Otherwise the so called connectivity remains an eyewash for granting transit to India.

With ganjas being pursued by NAB and cases opening regarding metro bus service and orange lines , you will find many more follies by ganja administration to please indians and to save their own businesses in india. Alas! poor state of affairs. Sorry for being off topic, intelligence agencies work in a manner to prevent government from carrying out activities and international agreements which are detrimental to our national interest, they also keep an eye on all such things that bring morale of country men down. But, unfortunately, our no. 1 intelligence agency has failed to prevent this pact, has failed to prevent ***tards like hamid mir, asma jahangir from barking against our country, has failed to bring sports especially cricket in order which has been an important factor for our morale when we used to win against indians often. where are the intelligents of our intelligency agency? Sorry to state it further but the business of intelligence has been under the sole control of Army whereas in CIA, MI6 and even raw, there have been heads of these organizations ranging from forces background to career diplomats and civilians. I hope some day not in the distant future sense may prevail.

Every heard of "hate speech" and "sedition"? That's what your post was. Something even free speech doesn't allow. Not in this part of the world. You would and should be muzzled everywhere. Nobody likes hate speech.

And I should rebut what? That me and my whole community of millions of Pakistanis is not zionists? Sorry your hate for Pakistan and Pakistanis is beyond repair. It is now responsibility of moderators of this forum to stop spreading this venom to other Pakistanis. @WAJsal @waz @Jungibaaz I am waiting for your response.

I don't agree with his post, he's free to say what he feels. But I will say that the urdu speaking community has forwarded Pakistan at every given opportunity and they were a God send. They left everything to start afresh and that says a great deal.

Well its our win as indian has not been given access to Afghanistan. It is one way trade where afghanistan can export their products to india. On contrary we get tax free and duty free two way trade to Tajikistan and centeral asia.

Cool down Pakistanis, Pakistan has agreed to give Afghanistan access to India and not the other way.

Your reiteration is unneeded. If India was involved, then the army was involved. This deal went through the army first, I can guarantee that much.

Sort of, while Indian trucks aren't allowed, Afghan trucks are now allowed to carry Indian products, which is a major policy change from Pakistan's previous policies.

From what i understand in the article, india wont be exporting anything to afghanistan.

No where in the article its mentioned that afghani trucks will take away indian products.
Rather it clearly mentions the empty afghan truck will be allowed to take pakistani exports on the return.
Correct me if i am wrong.

Whether people like it or not this step is part of the comprehensive roadmap charted by India & Pakistan to resolve all outstanding issues. India-Pak trade is now imminent.

Well its our win as indian has not been given access to Afghanistan. It is one way trade where afghanistan can export their products to india. On contrary we get tax free and duty free two way trade to Tajikistan and centeral asia.

You will be disappointed if you think Indo-Pak trade would not commence.

Whether people like it or not this step is part of the comprehensive roadmap charted by India & Pakistan to resolve all outstanding issues. India-Pak trade is now imminent.
I doubt trade is going to become a thing, at least not anytime soon. This was probably a confidence building measure, nothing more.

Even if both sides never had any sort of rivalry or hatred towards each other, Pakistan still has major market concerns when it comes to trade with India. Against far larger Indian industries, Pakistan will always need some level of protectionism.

I doubt trade is going to become a thing, at least not anytime soon. This was probably a confidence building measure, nothing more.

Even if both sides never had any sort of rivalry or hatred towards each other, Pakistan still has major market concerns when it comes to trade with India. Against far larger Indian industries, Pakistan will always need some level of protectionism.

There is skepticism on both sides but it would happen. One step at a time. FTA agreements would still have restricted lists. When it comes to trade India cannot be worse than China.

Both FTA and common currency are imminent.

Let's wait for 2017. There is no point arguing at this time. I am very positive now.

Are you suggesting we become indians?

We slowly are being made Indian. That is the sad fact. Thanks to certain groups in Pakistan. The end product will be just a copy India but Muslim. That is Indian Muslim.
Highly inappropriate generalization, a very poor analysis on the situation-sorry to say. Urdu speaking community has sacrificed a lot for this country, suffered the most, left their everything, gave their blood to form this country. Comparing them with Jews is a f**** poor thing to do, literally. MQM is an insult to Urdu speaking community. Reminds me of Mustafa Qamal's comments(who is an Urdu speaker), 'we were educated, now we are uneducated'...'we were seen as patriots now we are seen as RAW agents'. MQM is an abuse to this community and doesn't represent it. In given time MQM voters will start coming out of delusion. I feel sorry for MQM voters as they have been led to believe about the so-called Mohajir genocide. MQM voters know MQM has a militant wing, they do not have a choice, they feel targeted. Time will fix things.
MQM doesn't represent Urdu speaking community, we have a huge number in Punjab-the more pro-PTI voters. The thing is why blame MQM supporters? they are easily mislead and led to believe this and that, it is quite easy to do that. I bet if Altaf Hussain is hailed in Imrna Farooq Murder case, his voters will come out and say it is injustice and all. This is Pakistan, accept the reality. We have PMLN supporters who admit about the corruption allegations and still support PMLN, same case applies for PPP supporters. 'Vote toh sirf Bhutto ka', meaning 'votes only for Bhutto' is a popular slogan. This is Pakistan.

Poor generalization i agree, reminds me of Mustafa Qamal's statement, 'hum muhib-e-watan loog they, abb RAW key agent ho gaey.' MQM has given a poor image to Urdu speaking community. Everything Mustafa Qamal said is absolutely correct, in fact made me emotional as well. I have talked to him, he is an old gun who is sick of the status-quo in this country, sick of the system.

Wajsal Sahib I have known you since your pre Mod days. So with respect to that I will let your comments pass my.

Looks like you had a brief moment of clarity or is it epiphany??? :enjoy:

Neither. Clarity borne out of epileptic fits or epiphany only afflicts the dumb or ignorants. I am neither. I have alway's thought that. However I chose to concentrate on number one enemy. India. It is called economic use of time. However of late the Indophiles inside Pakistan have began to irritate me. Examples of Indophiles inside Pakistan are media like Dawn newspaper which these days revolves around "we are two peas in the pod" or covering stories to appease Indian readership.

@PAKISTANFOREVER No. Far from it. I don't have time to go into details right now. When I get time I will explain properly. But for now read up on the heroic fight by Mir of Talpurs against the British in Battle of Miani 1843. Even Charles Napier contends that his enemy fought like tigers. However ask yourself why this battle is hardly celebrated in Pakistan history but Tip Sultan who was from South India is like a Pakistani hero? Why?

Does that make sense? A local hero is ignored but Tipu from South India is revered? why?

I don't agree with his post, he's free to say what he feels. But I will say that the urdu speaking community has forwarded Pakistan at every given opportunity and they were a God send. They left everything to start afresh and that says a great deal.

Thank you for defending my right to say even if you don't agree with it. A vey laudable thing to do. I appreciate that.

We slowly are being made Indian. That is the sad fact. Thanks to certain groups in Pakistan. The end product will be just a copy India but Muslim. That is Indian Muslim.

Wajsal Sahib I have known you since your pre Mod days. So with respect to that I will let your comments pass my.

Neither. Clarity borne out of epileptic fits or epiphany only afflicts the dumb or ignorants. I am neither. I have alway's thought that. However I chose to concentrate on number one enemy. India. It is called economic use of time. However of late the Indophiles inside Pakistan have began to irritate me. Examples of Indophiles inside Pakistan are media like Dawn newspaper which these days revolves around "we are two peas in the pod" or covering stories to appease Indian readership.

@PAKISTANFOREVER No. Far from it. I don't have time to go into details right now. When I get time I will explain properly. But for now read up on the heroic fight by Mir of Talpurs against the British in Battle of Miani 1843. Even Charles Napier contends that his enemy fought like tigers. However ask yourself why this battle is hardly celebrated in Pakistan history but Tip Sultan who was from South India is like a Pakistani hero? Why?

Does that make sense? A local hero is ignored but Tipu from South India is revered? why?

Thank you for defending my right to say even if you don't agree with it. A vey laudable thing to do. I appreciate that.

Thanks Atanz. Think I get the jist of what you're saying. But whatever other Pakistanis do, I'll take option 2. Will always be a Pakistani for the rest of eternity. Even after I die. I'll become the most evil person on earth or the devil himself before I become anything other than a Pakistani. Will destroy the entire universe with may bare hands before I become an indian.

Thanks Atanz. Think I get the jist of what you're saying. But whatever other Pakistanis do, I'll take option 2. Will always be a Pakistani for the rest of eternity. Even after I die. I'll become the most evil person on earth or the devil himself before I become anything other than a Pakistani. Will destroy the entire universe with may bare hands before I become an indian.

Ditto

Ps. I will tag you when I give a full exposition of my thoughts. However I will say I have a problem with Pan Indian Muslim identity being forced on all of Pakistan. Pakistan is sum of it's provinces. Those provinces which existed before 1947. Those provinces that voted to go their way and form a federation called Pakistan. Therefore Pakistan identity is unique and should be strictly tied to it's land which should be the composite of it's constituent elements.

I mean just think about this. Why do Pakistani revere Tipu? Wtf has he got to do with you or me? I bet your not from South India and neither am I. Neither is 99% of Pakistan? Then there is the so called war of liberation 1847 or what the English call Indian Mutiny. This event had almost NO direct effect on us (our forefathers) as what is Pakistan now had only been taken over by the British some 8 years before. Yet this event is given such prominence in Pakistan history. Read the link below of the real heroes.

How Free Sindh was forced to be India

Last edited:
The trade route gives nothing to Pakistan it is colossal waste of money, there could be truck full of bomb material or weapons going from the Trade route to Afghanistan or anti Pakistani elements etc

Absolutely no logic to give this route to go thru the PRIME roads in Pakistan with out $$$ Toll Money

The Trucks carrying weapons, food , drugs , or illegal low quality material to Afghanistan will just add to damage on the roads , and raise health problems in whole region

• RAW is involved in Karachi , bombs , weapons , kidnapping
200 sleeper cells in Karachi: Four ‘RAW agents’ held in counter-terror swoop - The Express Tribune

• Investigation Unit of the Counter-Terrorism Department and a secret agency in a joint venture claimed to have apprehended four terrorists belonging to Indian spy agency – RAW (Research and Analysis Wing) in Karachi. Their arrests were disclosed during a news conference by CTD SSP Naveed Khawaja at his office on Thursday.
  • RAW is involved in Baluchistan , bombs , weapons , anti Pakistan activities
  • RAW is involved in Afghanistan , to help give weapons to anti Pakistan activities

RAW is also involved to give weapons to ISIS , links to India
Reference:
7 Indian firms among those in Islamic State supply chain: EU study | The Indian Express

Seven Indian companies figure in a list of 51 commercial entities from 20 countries that, according to an EU-mandated study, are involved in the supply chain of over 700 components used by the Islamic State to construct improvised explosive devices (IEDs).

Therefore it is stupid to give any trade route to a country that has no relations to Pakistan

These WEAPON trucks could vanish into Pakistan or crates could get lost while traveling from India to Afghanistan

Last edited:
Therefore it is stupid to give any trade route to a country that has no relations to Pakistan

What about five billion dollars of remittances that are coming from Pakistan to India?? So, how can you say you don't have any relation with India? Your awam is sending all this money to their relatives in India.

From Pakistan to India: $14.36 billion in remittances over 3 years - Times of India

World Bank said those living in Pakistan sent $4.9 billion to India in 2015. Its Bilateral Remittance Matrix put the money flowing from Pakistan to India in 2014 at $4.79 billion and $4.67 billion the year before that.

Back
Top Bottom