What's new

Pakistan has agreed to give Afghanistan trade access to India

farhan_9909

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The federal government has agreed to give Afghanistan trade access to India using Pakistani soil, while in response Afghanistan has agreed to give Pakistan trade access to Sher Khan Bandar, a border area of Tajikistan.

Sources said that one year ago, a proposed trilateral agreement had been drafted for land trade among Pakistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan which had to be signed. At the time of the signature, Afghanistan wanted to put in the condition to include India in the agreement. However Pakistan opposed the Afghanistan’s condition. This made the future of the trilateral transit trade agreement uncertain. But the government has now agreed to give Afghanistan trade access to India.

“The government has agreed that the Afghan trucks can use the Wagah route, also allowing them to use the routes of Torkham and Chaman for transferring the goods. Similarly the Afghan government has agreed that Pakistan can use Sher Khan Bandar, a border of Tajikistan for trade purposes,” sources added.

Sources further said that the Afghan trucks have been allowed to export Pakistani products on returning from Wagah while Pakistani trucks will be permitted to export products on return from the Tajikistan border. The government of Pakistan has also agreed to consider the Afghan proposal to eliminate existing negative list for Afghan Transit Trade.

In this connection, Afghan Pakistan Transit Trade Coordination Authority (APTTCA)’s meeting was held on February 14 and 15 in Islamabad. In the meeting, the two countries agreed upon a number of matters, sources said.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...t-agrees-to-give-trade-access-to-afghanistan/

After scrutiny of afghan trucks by our authorities there is no harm to allow transit to them i think

Massive move by Pakistan. Then again I will wait till this becomes operational on the ground. Although I don't see any significant political opposition in Pakistan to this move, there certainly will be some strong noises against this from usual suspects!

As a patriotic Pakistani I hope that we are not giving our enemies the noose to hang ourselves with.

In your reflection I see the "former" myself but mate it's over. My feeling about India will never change but it is time to move on.Time to accept reality. I think Pak needs to make peace with India and just simply eitheir confederate or go back to the days of the British Raj.

i have a question and that is Are they also allowed Indian trade access to afghanistan ? or the trucks will come empty from india to afghanistan ?

. I think Pak needs to make peace with India

Respected sir, it's the other way around. India needs to do that. Pakistan was keep calling for peace and Aman Ki Asha. India even during the time period this slogan was everywhere, played with peace of Pakistan. We all know how they're using the land of Afghanistan against Pakistan. I am not anti this peace, but when the other party do NOT want it and want to stay hypocrite we gotta be extra careful regarding the nation's security.

I find it really risky proposal for Pakistan's security. This sharing of border is already making us pay. If------------if they really want to execute this plan, there should be proper checking of the goods and transportations. Pakistan should NOT compromise with its security on any cost.

Last edited:
Respected sir, it's the other way around. India needs to do that. Pakistan was keeping call for peace and Aman Ki Asha. India even during the time period this slogan was everywhere, played with peace of Pakistan. We all know how they're using the land of Afghanistan against Pakistan. I am not anti this peace, but when the other party do NOT want it and want to stay hypocrite we gotta be extra careful regarding the nation's security.

Well I have reason to feel the way I do and to make it fully explicable would require pages. However for now I will say it was (Pakistan) fraud that along the way got mixed with all sort of rubbish in the process made a cult for the benefit of a few. The masses have been duped and drugged.

Ever seen "Falling Down"? You know when he finds out right at the end that he is the bad guy. That's how I feel. Guess what? We are the bad guy's. We "been had".

Massive move by Pakistan. Then again I will wait till this becomes operational on the ground. Although I don't see any significant political opposition in Pakistan to this move, there certainly will be some strong noises against this from usual suspects!
Pak can always play truant like they do on Nato convoys. In theory provide access on ground harass them through proxies.

I hope they haven't sold short. I am kind of taking this news with a pinch of salt.

Back
Top Bottom