Country
Pakistan
Pakistan gives on-arrival visa to elderly Indian
By Asif Mehmood
Published: November 24, 2019
TWEET EMAIL
2105535-visa-1574563628-487-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: REUTERS

LAHORE: Pakistan has issued an on-arrival visa at Wagah border to an elderly Indian citizen as part of an older but not yet implemented agreement between the two neighbours.

Pakistan and India had agreed earlier to allow over 65-year-old citizens with roots in both countries to get on-arrival visa and Islamabad on Saturday took the first step by granting visa to 82-year-old Pyare Singh Manu at Lahore’s famous border crossing.

Manu, who was born at Chuk 25 in Vehari district, has come to Pakistan to visit his native area. The elderly citizen is a writer who currently lives at Batala in Indian Punjab’s Gurdaspur district.
A Pakistani writer, Munir Hushyarpuri, 44, has played a key role in making Manu’s longstanding dream come true. Talking to The Express Tribune, Hushyarpuri said he met Manu during his 2013 visit to Indian Punjab in connection with a conference on Punjabi language and literature.

“Manu expressed his desire to visit his native area but said it was difficult for him to visit New Delhi to get Pakistani visa. I later requested the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi to issue Manu a visa on basis of the agreement with regard to elderly citizens.

“The High Commission provided us great assistance. And now Pyare Singh Manu has become the first elderly Indian citizen who has been granted on arrival visa at Wagah border crossing,” he said.

Expressing his pleasure on arriving in Pakistan, Manu said he felt as if he was born again. The senior Indian citizen, however, said the process of getting visa at the border was rather tiresome.

The spokesperson of the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi confirmed that both the countries had signed an agreement to allow each other’s elderly citizens with roots in both the countries get an on-arrival visa at Wagah-Attari crossing. However, the agreement had not yet been implemented.

He said they got Manu’s request through an email and the Indian citizen was sent the visa via email after completion of all formalities. Later, the high commission also informed the Pakistani immigration office at Wagah about issuance of visa.

Read more: india , Indo-Pak , Latest

The hell is wrong with this Patwari Prime Minister getting tired of his pacifist shit.

ban all Endians

The hell is wrong with this Patwari Prime Minister getting tired of his pacifist shit.

Are you insane ? This is the most intelligent diplomatic policy adopted by Pakistan. Objectives:

1. TO create soft international image of Pakistan.
  2. To create soft corners in Sikh community who are living next to Pakistani border. Sikh are brave community and case of war there is a risk that local people will also join start supporting Indian army that will give them multiplier effect but with the current policy in long run Sikh can become soft towards Pakistan and may choose to remain neutral.
  3. Far fetched but a possibility is that Indian start negative action against Sikh just like the muslim and Khalistan movement become even more strong then it will give us a great long term advantage.
  4. In independent Sikh state will also benefit the Kashmir movement.
  5. Indian armed forces are full of Sikh people but with favors extending to them there could also be a soft corner in some of the Indian forces after all they are humans. Look at the Abhinandan episode. The good gesture we extended to him resulted in his refusal to be part of Indian propaganda machine and he never make any claim of downing F16 and ultimately Indian propaganda machine had to be remained silent.

What the hell is wrong with your ugly shit you carry inside you?

You want us to be beating the elderly people for their desire to visit their birth places before they die? What are you some low life tryna be some mojo?

ban all Endians

Starting with folk who imitate indians in heart and speech on our side including you :)

What the hell is wrong with your ugly shit you carry inside you?

You want us to be beating the elderly people for their desire to visit their birth places before they die? What are you some low life tryna be some mojo?

Starting with folk who imitate indians in heart and speech on our side including you :)

really? .. how do plan to do that?

can you revoke my nationality?..

i know you are sore after the bashing i gave you .. seems like the bug in side you hasnt gone,

Are you insane ? This is the most intelligent diplomatic policy adopted by Pakistan. Objectives:

1. TO create soft international image of Pakistan.
  2. To create soft corners in Sikh community who are living next to Pakistani border. Sikh are brave community and case of war there is a risk that local people will also join start supporting Indian army that will give them multiplier effect but with the current policy in long run Sikh can become soft towards Pakistan and may choose to remain neutral.
  3. Far fetched but a possibility is that Indian start negative action against Sikh just like the muslim and Khalistan movement become even more strong then it will give us a great long term advantage.
  4. In independent Sikh state will also benefit the Kashmir movement.
  5. Indian armed forces are full of Sikh people but with favors extending to them there could also be a soft corner in some of the Indian forces after all they are humans. Look at the Abhinandan episode. The good gesture we extended to him resulted in his refusal to be part of Indian propaganda machine and he never make any claim of downing F16 and ultimately Indian propaganda machine had to be remained silent.

you do know what we mean by ENDians?....

really? .. how do plan to do that?

can you revoke my nationality?..

i know you are sore after the bashing i gave you .. seems like the bug in side you hasnt gone,

Bashing? are you mentally fine? Or exposure to indians for all these years has made you delusional apart from imitating them in hatred?

Pakistan is doing all it can to promote peace in the region but unfortunately our neighbours do not have the courage to take similar measures as their entire election campaign was based on hatred against Pakistan

indian dont deserve the respect we give... but we have to respect elders no matter if they are from enemy side till Endian thinks we are weak.
peace is important to keep but literally skunk in our east they have so much hate that its unexplainable in words.

For the Sikh community that is great.

For the Sikh community that is great.
Why? Are elderly Hindus not worthy of human compassion? Must all wrongs be answered with malice? These recent attempts to restore ties between the people will continue, and hate will lose out in the end. Please do not contribute to hate.

Pakistan is doing all it can to promote peace in the region but unfortunately our neighbours do not have the courage to take similar measures as their entire election campaign was based on hatred against Pakistan
The Indian people will reciprocate. The divide between us is more than seven decades long. At least give it a few years to bridge itself.

Why? Are elderly Hindus not worthy of human compassion? Must all wrongs be answered with malice? These recent attempts to restore ties between the people will continue, and hate will lose out in the end. Please do not contribute to hate.

You don't understand here and need to go into what is happening in India right now. Many of the 'elderly' Hindu folk are the spearhead of the RSS and many right wing groups. Look at the ages of the key people who have been involved in the progression of such movements to the full blown political power we have today in India. Do you think it would be wise letting them in? What if someone who has been involved in riots and the propagation of extreme hate against Muslims should be given a visa to trot about in Pakistan?
Maybe we can have stringent vetting, but it is a huge security risk.
Let's not heart strings get in the way of common sense.

The Indian people will reciprocate. The divide between us is more than seven decades long. At least give it a few years to bridge itself.

Bro have you ever been on social media, I have NEVER in all my years seen such abuse directed to Pakistan, it's people, culture etc. Who is in charge in India, it's the Sanghis who were voted in by MASS support, even in states they historically had no presence. That tells us everything.

Last edited:
You don't understand here and need to go into what is happening in India right now. Many of the 'elderly' Hindu folk are the spearhead of the RSS and many right wing groups. Look at the ages of the key people who have been involved in the progression of such movements to the full blown political power we have today in India. Do you think it would be wise letting them in? What if someone who has been involved in riots and the propagation of extreme hate against Muslims should be given a visa to trot about in Pakistan?
Maybe we can have stringent vetting, but it is a huge security risk.
Let's not heart strings get in the way of common sense.
I think it is even better if we welcome those who have previously been hostile towards Pakistan. These are the kind of people, from both sides, who need to won over for the borders to be softened and liberty brought to those who suffer from them. Moreover, I firmly believe that all humans, no matter how enormous their crimes, are capable of redemption, and we must not be ungracious when we are given the chance to help them redeem themselves.

Bro have you ever been on social media, I have NEVER in all my years seen such abuse directed to Pakistan, it's people, culture etc. Who is in charge in India, it's the Sanghis who were voted in by MASS support, even in states they historically had no presence. That tells us everything.
Haha, that is true. People tend to be their worst selves whilst hiding behind an anonymous internet identity. The same people will be far more gracious to you in real life when they see you as a human that you are and not a faceless representation of a particular political identity. Take all internet trolling with a pinch of salt. Thank god people are not actually what the pretend to be on the internet.

Fuk the imran and his peace and his NO NRO rants. cursing my self for voting this uturn master.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom