What's new

Pakistan gets 2 Gold in Delhi CWG 2010

TATA

BANNED
Reaction score
Pakistan gets its 1st Gold in Delhi CWG 2010

Pakistani wrestler Azhar Hussain wins gold in freestyle wresting today in Delhi CWG 2010. His win comes from the bout with Nigerian wrestler.

Azhar Hussain was defeted by Indian wrestler in the Greeco-Roaman category where Indian wrestler Rajindar Kumar won the Gold and Azhar Hussain have to setlle for the silver medal.

Awesome stuff yaar, I think there should be more beat em up type games in the CWG for Pakistan to perform well.

The final was Pakistan vs Pakistan right? This means Muhammad Inam got the silver?

I didn't quite understood... did Pakistan won the medal or what?
I see Sikh guy playing from Indian side won the match, than how Pakistani wrestler get the gold.
It's so dam confusing.

I didn't quite understood... did Pakistan won the medal or what?
I see Sikh guy playing from Indian side won the match, than how Pakistani wrestler get the gold.
It's so dam confusing.
There are so many categories. There was an India-Pak final as well, I think some Kumar vs Inam. Dunno what happened in that.

Congratulations...

I wish most of the gold stays in our family... South Asia...

Azhar is from PA. He had earlier won silver in greco-roman style wrestling. He was beaten by Indian wrestler in the final of that match.

NEW DELHI, Oct 10, 2010 (AFP) - Azhar Hussain of Pakistan won the Commonwealth Games freestyle wrestling 55kg gold here on Sunday, beating Ebikewenimo Welson of Nigeria in the final.

Hussain gave an impressive performance of clever footwork and brute strength to take Welson out in two sessions.

The fighters looked evenly matched, going to their corners at 3-3 after the hooter ended the first session.

But Hussain produced a mesmerising mix of clinical and aggressive grappling to overwhelm his opponent in the second taking the victory by fall after one minute and 18 seconds.

Hussain had earlier disappointed the partisan crowd by ensuring that India would not get a chance of winning all four golds available in the last session of the tournament by beating Anil Kumar in a tense quarterfinal battle.

He progressed to the final after pinning Sri Lankan S. Manel Kumara Yaparathna Mudeyanselage after just 28 seconds of their semi.

Kumar gave the loyal home support something to cheer about when he took the bronze, beating Craig Pilling of Wales 3-0.

This would be the 2nd one, two more medals are assured in 2 boxing categories, bronze and upwards.

Second Gold. Muhammad Inam just defeated Indian rival in wrestling to claim 2nd Gold for Pakistan

Make it two... Inam just won gold in 84 KG after beating Indian wrestler.

luck was with pakistani wrestler in third round where toss favored him. :yahoo:

But none the less, he was very effective in the pulling the indian wrestler in the red zone area. But I think he should not concentrate on even getting 2 points rather than getting one point by putting opponent in out of red zone. This way he could be in top 4 player in olympic.

Back
Top Bottom