What's new

Pakistan GDP growth rate 4.14% for fiscal year 2013-14

Growth rate of 4.14% is impressive considering the situation of our country. People here are talking as if power crisis and corrupt politicians are the only reason for comparatively low growth rates. The biggest problem is the security situation. A person I know in real life, who happened to be a large scale agriculturist and industrialist, and a billionaire in terms of PKR, left the country after getting kidnapped for ransom by the Punjabi TTP/LEJ. He got his release after paying 15 crore.

If any of you live in Rawalpindi/Islamabad twin cities, then you'd know a lot about savour foods. Extortionists claiming to be from TTP actually threw a grenade outside the house of the owner of savour foods after he had refused to pay up. I won't even start about Karachi. Also a guy called "haaji" something in Rawalpindi was caught giving out phone numbers of local businessmen to TTP, but he was released by the police due to a "lack of evidence". According to our mullahs, extortion is halal "kaarobar in the sunna of holy prophet(saw)".

My point being, it's really hard to achieve a 5-7% growth when your assets and property are not even guaranteed to be safe. Someone here was right, majority of Pakistani people are corrupt in one way or another. After all, these extortionists and other scumbags come from within us.

Back
Top Bottom