What's new

Pakistan GDP growth rate 4.14% for fiscal year 2013-14

Bro its depend on conditions and currently Pakistan is full of shit in every department. Thanks to PPP and PMLN is not working on root cause. We have to Implement active and effective management in every field and only they we can achieve our targets. Making Dams is easy but Managing Dam is difficult

It is really a sad state of affairs as these two take turns to ROB , STEAL and PILLAGE.

Both PMLN and PPP are merely interested in lining their Pockets and the hell with the poor people of Pakistan.

I have really lost faith that any Politician in Pakistan really cares about the poor People of Pakistan.

Not taking side, any citizen of Pakistan has the right to challenge wealth of any elected government person. I never saw anyone filing complaint against them. Yes some were there against Asif Ali Zardari sb. Do you have any info, please share

Shouldn't the Onus be on the Politicians to be completely transparent and declare where they are hiding their Wealth.

Can you give me an example of a Civilized Country whose head of States keeps all their Wealth out of their Country.

Are you another Apologist for these scumbag Politicians.

Last edited:
Shouldn't the Onus be on the Politicians to be completely transparent and declare where they are hiding their Wealth.
Can you give me an example of a Civilized Country whose head of States keeps all their Wealth out of their Country.
Do you really think we(Pakistanis) are civilized? In which crime we are lagging? Dont you over speed, break signals? Pay bribes for ANY government activity? Literacy? Health?
Please dont say we are civilized by giving some other useless examples. When you dont accept what lies in your basket, you cannot change it. This is the reason these chors, ganjas, khans, nawabs, chaudries etc rule us!!

And im not any apologists, they are not my uncles and aunts, so i may take side.

Not taking side,
Please re-read this statement!

This scenario only happen when any country GDP is very low. Sudan has GDP of around $22B. Just add a big industry and GDP will rise. However, in case of big economies, it cannot happen due to various reasons and main one is corruption which is now in the roots of Pakistanis. You cannot compare Sudan with Pakistan. Pakistan has GDP of around $600B.
This is the reason, you will not find a big economy with high GDP change except China which made an economic revolution but this is the separate story.

I think you are contradicting yourself.

On one hand you say big Economies cannot have higher Growth rates and that is not true.

Indonesia's Economy is 3 times the size of Pakistan and their Growth Rate is approaching 6%.

And why is China a separate story.

They belong to Planet MARS ?

If they can have double digit Growth Rate , why can't Pakistan ?

Because these scumbag Pakistani Politicians are Corrupt as hell and their focus is not on Economy, they are only interested in looting an impoverished country like Pakistan.

Do you really think we(Pakistanis) are civilized? In which crime we are lagging? Dont you over speed, break signals? Pay bribes for ANY government activity? Literacy? Health?
Please dont say we are civilized by giving some other useless examples
. When you dont accept what lies in your basket, you cannot change it. This is the reason these chors, ganjas, khans, nawabs, chaudries etc rule us!!

I consider myself a honest Person and no I don't bribe, steal , or do anything Illegal.

Maybe that is your problem. You are Corrupt to the Core and find it easy to accept these low life Politicians.

So kindly speak for yourself and do not think every one is like you.

Last edited:
I think you are contradicting yourself.

On one hand you say big Economies cannot have higher Growth rates and that is not true.

Indonesia's Economy is 3 times the size of Pakistan and their Growth Rate is approaching 6%.

And why is China a separate story.

They belong to Planet MARS ?

If they can have double digit Growth Rate , why can't Pakistan ?

Because these scumbags are Corrupt as hell and their focus is not on Economy, they are only interested in looting an impoverished country like Pakistan.
Yes we can have higher growth IF we have, low corruption, higher and cheaper energy, higher literacy rates, better health solutions to all citizen, good infra structure etc and China has most of these. Please check other factors before giving a statement.
However, in case of big economies, it cannot happen due to various reasons
Yes corruption in the most priority but it is not illegal to invest in other countries. If you have proofs of any person corruption please step ahead with proofs.

Yes we can have higher growth IF we have, low corruption, higher and cheaper energy, higher literacy rates, better health solutions to all citizen, good infra structure etc and China has most of these. Please check other factors before giving a statement.

That is the most idiotic thing I have ever read.

Do you even know what China was like 20 years ago.

Look what they have accomplished in last twenty years.

and look what your PMLN and PPP have accomplished in last twenty years.

Quit making excuses for your Scumbag heroes and admit it, you guys are nothing but rotten to the core.

But your days are limited and the day of reckoning is coming for you.

P.S. Please Explain why you seem to Quote me and the words under my name are not my sentences but your own.

So you are using my name but answering your own remarks ?

Any particular reason ?

Last edited:
Any particular reason ?
Yes because you dont read the statement so i have to post it again.
By your statements all Pakistani are very honest, do not bribe and work for the progress of Pakistan except our leaders is extreme BS. I dont know where do u live probably in Sweden or Denmark? It is because of you people who says "Sab acha hai" and close your eyes for any problem with yourself and blame other for their mistakes. Our religion tell us that Allah put leaders like the nation/people.
How you can proof that my post was stupid? You are the person who always shouts without any proof? You do not vote but cry when these stupid politicians endorse their policies, You dont come out of homes against them bcz you cant afford sweating in daylight and sit comfortably in your air-conditioned rooms. How the hell you claim to be the part of this nation? Just imagine if some angels like you start a protest and march towards PM house, what do you think you cant oust these ignorant politicians? It is because you dont want to do anything and keep waiting for others to do it for you!! :hitwall:
And my "You" is for all of us who do same!

The 4.1% economic growth was better than last year, as revised accounts of the previous year put economic expansion at 3.7%. The growth is also far higher than the International Monetary Fund’s estimate of 3.3%.

Really pathic estimates IMO. IMF was probably looking forward to bad numbers to give more loan.

Just imagine under this LALLU NOORA LEAGUE Government the GDP is 4 %.

If we had a real government run by Economist, we could be in 25% range.

When you are at the bottom for so long it is easy to go into double digit Growth.

Somalia and Sudan proved that.

Let not get our hopes up. That is totally unrealistic.

Just imagine under this LALLU NOORA LEAGUE Government the GDP is 4 %.

If we had a real government run by Economist, we could be in 25% range.

When you are at the bottom for so long it is easy to go into double digit Growth.

Somalia and Sudan proved that.
bhai meray if we had the economy of the size of Afghanistan we could also grow by 48% YoY.......

If The Pakistani goverment did Nothing

If we were just as corrupt as we are today,
If our goverment were just as useless and ineffectual as it is today

If the only thing our goverment achieved was to fix the power situation our economy would grow between 5-7%, just on the power situation being fixed alone

On top of this if we can put some sound economic policy in place, reduce corruption even a small bit and plan better Pakistan will have a good decade or two of high single digit or even double digit growth

Pakistan is a economic powerhouse waiting to happen, its got the resources, people and under developed economy to do so

Much better than the IMF forecast.I hope the next year Growth rate is atleast close to 6% considering that the overall energy problem will be atleast 30-40% solved,Which can contribute to more than 2% of annual Growth rate

I hope we also get out of this IMF loan program by 2017-18.

11% growth in Pakistan’s construction sector

The construction industry in Pakistan witnessed 11.31% y/y growth in the current fiscal year on the back of increased government spending, while the country’s GDP surpassed projected estimates, rising by approximately 4.14%.

Ishaq Dar, Finance Minister, told local news sources that the country was on track in terms of achieving its GDP growth targets. Officials had hoped for 4%+ growth in the first fiscal year (FY14) and are forecasting 5% growth in FY15 and 6% growth in FY16.

The contribution of individual sectors to overall GDP growth rate was estimated at a recent National Accounts Committee (NAC) meeting, chaired by Asif Bajwa, Chief Statistician. The agriculture sector witnessed 2.12% growth (against a projected target of 3.8%); the industrial sector saw 5.84% growth (against a projected target of 4.8%); and the service sector grew by 4.29% (against a projected target of 4.26%) for the current fiscal year (FY14).

The construction sector grew by 11.31% in FY14 due to increased government investments (50% increase), surpassing revised estimates of -1.68% growth in the previous fiscal year.

Growth in Pakistani construction industry

A decent growth seeing high fiscal adjustment under IMF.
Govt was unable to achieve the target due to low spending as it was not able to meet the revenue target.
To be honest govt is betting a lot on last two months ,it may barely pass the 4 mark.
Last hope to achieve target is agriculture whose detail data is yet to come.

Most growth was obviously due to improve power production for large scale manufacturers

When you are coming from a depressed Economy because of mismanagement and Corruption , it is not that difficult to achieve 20% to 25% Growth Rate. This is basic Economics 101.

Check out the Growth rate of South Sudan:

List of countries by real GDP growth rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The economy of South Suden is 13 billion dollars as compared to us around 240 billion dollars.

If South Sudan increases only 1.3 billion dollars in her economy, it's 10% increase. If we do the same it's only 0.5% growth.

It is not easy to achieve 25% growth when you are a big nation like us. Yes close to 10% on consistent basis is possible but a part from one odd year you can't expect to have 25% growth rate for any large economy. The list you shared, read again, besides one nation China you don't see any large economy in the list of Top 50 and that too is only 7.60% and not 25%

Back
Top Bottom