What's new

Pakistan GDP cross $250 billion dollar mark

Pak GDP for 2013-14 was Rs25.6 trillion which is indeed over $250 billion depending on exchange rate.

I recall, our economy was at Rs. 500 trillion in 2007-08. If Pakistan's education is correct path and eliminate terrorism and extremists, we should achieve 10 trillion USD ASAP.

Focus on High Education !!!!!

nice trick by the government....All they had to do was get more loans from IMF to reduce dollar price, now our not THAT impressive GDP in ruppees is alot more in USD.
using IMF loan...
the currency is not freely traded, so all we have is just ~25 trillion ruppees GDP. you cannot convert this to a dollar figure properly.
Gov. "rigging" the numbers
(do you see a trend here ;) ) to show higher growth figures than reality. Actual growth is probably much less than what we'll hear from the government.

OH MY GOD!!!! Could someone tell this genius what does the term GDP actually mean? and how its measured???
I guess if people writing these silly anti-Pakistani government posts REALLY knew their topics before posting stuff out of thin air, without having basic knowledge, they won't be accusing for rigging either!!! So many people have no clue about complex and large scale topics. YET, they post like no one else knows any better!

:suicide:
Hahahaha lol....

nice trick by the government....All they had to do was get more loans from IMF to reduce dollar price, now our not THAT impressive GDP in ruppees is alot more in USD.

using IMF loan...

the currency is not freely traded, so all we have is just ~25 trillion ruppees GDP. you cannot convert this to a dollar figure properly.

Gov. "rigging" the numbers (do you see a trend here ;) ) to show higher growth figures than reality. Actual growth is probably much less than what we'll hear from the government.

Are you serious?

With change in base year,Nigeria is now the biggest GDP of africa,Bangladesh economy also was increased by a huge %age when they changed the base year

Nigeria GDP got a increase of 60% with base year,But i am expecting only max 35% and minimum 25% increse for Pakistani GDP

I've written a lot about this. Pakistan's economy should cross $ 350 Billion mark by the end of 2017. So about 15-25% increase within the next 18 months to 2 years and then about 30% or more per year for the next 5 years. In the next 10 years, if Pakistan stays peaceful, no wars, no terrorism and political stability is there, it will grow to be around $ 800 billion to $ 1 trillion economy. This country is the 6th largest populated country so plenty of room to improve. If its in the top 15 largest GDP's in the next 15 years, still a lot of improvement.

Wait for the change in base year next year(2015),I am expecting the GDP to Jump to 360-380Billion dollars next year.

Change in base? What are you referring to?

Edit: Oh, I got it.

Do you have any information when was the last time Pakistan re-based its economy? And how do you know that Pakistan will be rebasing its economy this upcoming year?

Last edited:
govt has been disappointing in solving energy problem atleast in short term. despite the LNG terminal being completed by private firm and having already another existing LNG terminal, govt is still running in circles and looking for kick backs(from qatar) in LNG deals, causing billions of dollars loss per annum. GOvt could have gained another additional 1-2% growth if it had imported LNG and used it instead of furnace oil in power plants

Change in base? What are you referring to?

Edit: Oh, I got it.

Do you have any information when was the last time Pakistan re-based its economy? And how do you know that Pakistan will be rebasing its economy this upcoming year?

Pakistan Changed the GDP Last time in 2005 Under Musharaf.

Dar Sahab has claimed that we will change it in the FY 2015-16

Pakistan Changed the GDP Last time in 2005 Under Musharaf.

Dar Sahab has claimed that we will change it in the FY 2015-16

After ten years? What new sectors we'll add?

Telecom sector should have been added already under 2005 GDP base, no?

What other major sectors we'll add that'll boost our economy so much?

Any idea?

OH MY GOD!!!! Could someone tell this genius what does the term GDP actually mean? and how its measured???
I guess if people writing these silly anti-Pakistani government posts REALLY knew their topics before posting stuff out of thin air, without having basic knowledge, they won't be accusing for rigging either!!! So many people have no clue about complex and large scale topics. YET, they post like no one else knows any better!

gdp is the sum of transactions in a country.
wat wrong did I say ?

The Unofficial Economy needs to be understood as supporting the poor, and necessary as long as the official government is not managing the Official Economy well.
To this government's credit, they are focusing on economic development as a top priority, and its shows in the economic stabilization of the national balance sheet

If this government gets the electricity crisis under control, and lays out plans to management the water supply/flood control better (the two biggest economic variables will be stable to allow further growth)

Starting from $250 Billion as the end of 2014 number, a realistic annual growth target of 5-7% should be the national aim, for at least the next 30-32 years (due to our large number of young people; the labor force; demographic divident) and a GDP of $1.2-2.2 Trillion could be achieved by 2047, if population growth is keep under control and only doubles by that year, GDP per capita would be 2-4 times more person, a better standard of living

Just in case, $250+ billion GDP is as of June 2014 when FY ended. By june 2015 GDP should be $280-290 billion depending on growth rate, exchange rate, inflation.

Just in case, $250+ billion GDP is as of June 2014 when FY ended. By june 2015 GDP should be $280-290 billion depending on growth rate, exchange rate, inflation.

If 5% then 2015 will $264.6 Billion
If 4.5% then 2015 will $263.34 Billion
If 4% then 2015 will $262.08 Billion

Plus we have to check inflation and other factor. As per some experts Pakistan easily achieve 260 mark because of low oil price the pressure on our Forex reduce. In year 2013 Pakistan import bill on oil was $14.914 billion and based on today's market price Pakistan Oil import bill will be between $7 billion to $9 billion with a saving of $5+ billion

Back
Top Bottom