What's new

Pakistan-France explore opportunities in the defence production

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Here is link. But no detail info about PAF official meeting with French.

He said Islamabad was desirous of enhancing its economic relations with Paris. He also noted immense possibilities of co-operation between the two countries that exist in the Defence sector and said Pakistan was keen to further explore opportunities in the defence production.

Last year, the two countries signed Defence collaboration plan under which both countries agreed to accelerate military cooperation between the two countries.

The plan also envisaged exchange of technical expertise to boost level of cooperation in technological matters and its transfer for capacity building of Pakistan Armed Forces.

France has helped Pakistan construct three submarines in the recent past while a major component of PAF warplanes comprise French built Mirage jet fighters.
Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Pakistan-France in possible nuclear deal

I wonder wats cooking the spot? i hope something worthwhile ...

JF17 avionics/engine... So the remark that JF17 might have the potential to mini Rafale would make some sense (Keymag)...

Whats the source that PAF officials are in France prior to Zardari's visit? or is it some personal info?

the statement posted by Haider is a typical "diplomatic" language which is released when heads of nations meet - as far as the french avionics package is concerned - it is still under discussion, however, if the french are really going to collaborate in the nuclear field, then the avionics package is a done deal. we all wait with for the american / indian reaction to the french offer!

Well, recently watched on TV...(ok thanks bezerk reminding me for losing my ELITE MEMBERSHIP, on your reminder just notice too )

Well, recently watched on TV...(ok thanks bezerk reminding me for losing my ELITE MEMBERSHIP, on your reminder just notice too )

It was a compliment by the way. :P

....My fault Bez ji...gotya

Last edited:
I don't know anything about complaint, am just member nothing to do with admin. I trust admin, if they taken action against me, i accept it. I am cool. No complaint. Still best website for me.

Janab not a complaint, a COMPLIMENT. :lol:

Interesting.. Does anybody see the possibility that this sudden increase in french cozying up to us might have something to do with the MRCA rumors and moreover the lost submarine deal. Almost as if the French are getting a little desperate about their defense Industry's progress.. But I might e wrong. haven't touched anything related to defense for 5 years till I joined here.

Interesting.. Does anybody see the possibility that this sudden increase in french cozying up to us might have something to do with the MRCA rumors and moreover the lost submarine deal. Almost as if the French are getting a little desperate about their defense Industry's progress.. But I might e wrong. haven't touched anything related to defense for 5 years till I joined here.

Sudden economic meltdown all over the world, hard hit the defence industry. Million of people losing jobs in economic sector. So, defenc industries trying to distant themselves from govt export restriction policies . Now those who has money, has everything for them.

i think france has offered pakistan nuclear assistance to enhance the capabillity of our nuclear tech for good resons

France did'nt offered us civil nuclear assistance they had showed +ve response to secure our nuclear asset. Till now it is not clear that whether its Civil nuclear deal in not.

I think PAF is covered for the JF-17 engines. Pakistan should work with China to improve the Chinese version of J-10 engines.

Last time when Zaradri was in power via BB, a Mirage scandal surfaced. I hope this is not the continution of an old affair.

Need to be very careful with France's nuclear offer. In late 70s France backed out of the reprocessing plant under US pressure.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom