What's new

Pakistan files request for $115M refurbishment of AH-1F Cobra attack helicopters

Interestingly, we did ask for Apaches like metalfalcon mentioned.
As a matter of fact the Army Aviation is looking at a complete overhaul.

asking for apaches - not to my knowledge. there is no media reference available.?

again the crap we are buying one of member here said pak does not have money to buy other gunships. how pak get 115 m for cobra chinese gunships far more superior than this cobra old stuff

Get it done by Iran they will do it for cheaper, and we could probably get more upgrades than the ones the US is offering. US stuf constantly needs spare parts and upgrades. Buy it from a country that will either let you make the spare part and allow self refurbishment like IRAN:pakistan::pakistan:

why not apaches man why we keep going to older stuff when many countries are buying apaches over cobra dont know how these people become chief of armed forces staff they dont know what to buy keep buying older or scraped weapons

why not apaches man why we keep going to older stuff when many countries are buying apaches over cobra dont know how these people become chief of armed forces staff they dont know what to buy keep buying older or scraped weapons

they are not on the offer list perhaps,
the apache will most probably be the winner of indian future attack helicopter procurement. keeping the fast growing ties of india and US, dont think they will be giving any thing from the highest league to us anymore.

perhaps the F-16 is among the last, front line, work horse type weapon procurement from US. in future all we will see will be taken for granted, stop gap procurements like the OHP frigates or cobra upgrades.

to say they truth, it is equally beneficial for us as such deals will involve least amount of money and will provide weapons that can still play an important role. i mean the upgradrd conras, C-130z, OHP, patrol boats, 155mm Howitzers will still form an all important part of our military forces.

but yes, we do need a couple of squadrons of modren attack helicopters just to get the technological advantage. for this purpose the Turkish T-129 or the Chines WZ-10 must be considered.

regards!

i don't question the acquisiton of Cobraq(because Cobra is a very agile attack helos and pack some serious punch)

my question is why opt for AH-1F instead of AH-1W/Z?

I think Pakistan should get the Longbow, but if they can't, they can get the WZ-10 from China which is the Longbow equivalent.

this deserve an explanation

Back
Top Bottom