What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Bholari aka Nellis AB of Pakistan.. Repost from Instagram

View attachment 644876

Picture credits are actually to Ahsan Malik and topic is old and discussed in detail
Nice shot. But that ain't no Nellis. Not even close, maybe Sargodha. Maybe Shaw AFB equivalent.
Is any other Squadron going to deploy in Bholari or Sq 19 will remain the sole player?
I think there was or is supposed to be a JF-17 squadron there

Nice shot. But that ain't no Nellis. Not even close, maybe Sargodha. Maybe Shaw AFB equivalent.

I think there was or is supposed to be a JF-17 squadron there
I just posted what some people call it (not specifically because of what it hosts)

Some say it's supposed to host a Mirage squadron but there's only No. 19 for now..

In the future hopefully yes..

I think it was discussed in this same thread

That's the main reason I uploaded this picture, I am not sure myself if they can carry Aim120 or not..
ADFs are capable of firing AMRAMS. So dontcunderstand why this is being debated. I understand the picture shows them with AIM 9 missilies but all date and open sources suggest they can fire AMRAAMS.
A

No, with CCS, all types of fighters and Air Warfare Centre I can assure you Mushaf AFB is Pakistan's version of Nellis.
I agree with you but as I mentioned the name has nothing to do with deployments, maybe because of its location/geography or maybe in future it will host some serious stuff? Idk I didn't give it this name but it sure does gets mentioned in some circles..

ADFs are capable of firing AMRAMS. So dontcunderstand why this is being debated. I understand the picture shows them with AIM 9 missilies but all date and open sources suggest they can fire AMRAAMS.
A
Yeah but never proved with a picture,at least I have never seen any

I have a feeling our AIM-120Cs are not compatible with the ADFs fire control system. If someone has a picture of PAF ADF's with AMRAAM do share because I don't think I've seen them.
A

Umm I raised this point because I have previously said the same thing on this forum: ADF can fire AMRAAM. They were designed to carry 6 BVR missiles for Air National Guard. But..its questionable if they can fire the AIM-120C due to the old radar. I have yet to see a PAF ADF with an AIM-120C.

I agree with you but as I mentioned the name has nothing to do with deployments, maybe because of its location/geography or maybe in future it will host some serious stuff? Idk I didn't give it this name but it sure does gets mentioned in some circles..

Yeah but never proved with a picture,at least I have never seen any

Ah, OK, yes that makes sense

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom