What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The love story of F.16 and PAF is far from over, given the chance the air force would more than love to get it's hands on new/used F.16's.
At full tag price.. I doubt
But surely PAF will be trying to get it at reduce price along with am120d

PAF shouldnt put all its eggs in one basket
It should have mix of both western & eastern fighters

F.16 is the cutting edge of our air force and they would more than love to get their hands on a few though I highly doubt that we would be able to get the AMRAAM-D on a discounted price.

The way i see it is different. Once Blk3 comes off the lines. US Admin carrot over F-16 as being to top echelon fighter diminishes to non-existent; it is now in Pak hand to dictate for getting f-16s as its second tier to get used f16s as needed. Swami Modis wont have much to cry about. As I said before, Blk4 will be on the roadmap in any case with further upgrades on blk 3 as well as upgrades for Blk2 (assuming all blk1 have been upgraded to 2).

The way i see it is different. Once Blk3 comes off the lines. US Admin carrot over F-16 as being to top echelon fighter diminishes to non-existent; it is now in Pak hand to dictate for getting f-16s as its second tier to get used f16s as needed. Swami Modis wont have much to cry about. As I said before, Blk4 will be on the roadmap in any case with further upgrades on blk 3 as well as upgrades for Blk2 (assuming all blk1 have been upgraded to 2).
I think that has already happened
Reason why f16 is available if PAF asks for it but it os costly

The new verison b70 may be available at 70m that could be resonable option

Hope that price tag doesn't mean the kind of deal the Iraqi's and Egyptians got with no AMRAAM's.

Plus does that tag cover the AESA - or will they give us a hand-me-down, RadioShack, Dinosaur-age radar from some Block 40 - retrofitted in a Block 70?

Hey, its the Americans. They've written books/manuals how to screw Nations over. We outta know, we have the 1st Edition written on us.

I think that has already happened
Reason why f16 is available if PAF asks for it but it os costly

Correct, what i meant was not b70 if at better cost but the lunacy of strings attached makes it unpalatable. Alternative to get green light to pull many 2nd hand ones and create the Mirage kind of pool

that will be biggest stupidity of history
ultimate goal is parity with india
aim 120D is something PAF would want to get hands on and that may be the only reason if any for PAF to get new f16 otherwise PAF is no longer interested in f16..

gone are the days when Musharraf had to beg for f16 and only other option was f7s

Mushi.."you are not going to escape this question..."
Bush.." president is not afraid to bring up the issue of f16s, he has been strong advocate for the sale of f16s to pakistan..5b package...of which f16s wont be part"

listen minute 3:00

ultimate goal is parity with india
aim 120D is something PAF would want to get hands on and that may be the only reason if any for PAF to get new f16 otherwise PAF is no longer interested in f16..

gone are the days when Musharraf had to beg for f16 and only other option was f7s

Mushi.."you are not going to escape this question..."
Bush.." president is not afraid to bring up the issue of f16s, he has been strong advocate for the sale of f16s to pakistan..5b package...of which f16s wont be part"

listen minute 3:00
i think better then f-16 if we secure 2 dozens of j-31 or j-20

But blk 70 satandards are cheap around 900 million PAF can have full 18
i think better then f-16 if we secure 2 dozens of j-31 or j-20

I don't think Aim-120D & discount, both go in the same sentence for any customer.
I waiting for Viper train used and new a quick replacement for few Mirages
This interview with ACM (retd.) Shahzad Choudhary illustrates my point (shared by @Raider 21 and @Hodor ) that F-16 just can't be replaced, discredited or looked down upon because we're finally getting the JF-17 Block III.

The Block III is going to be a great jet and a game-changer for us in many ways with the AESA Radar & PL-15's, but is that all that will be needed to match a Rafale. Yes, we crack jokes that a 4th/4.5 Generation jet at the hands of the IAF is like giving a ricshaw driver an F1 on Silverstone. But in the end, its still a Rafale.

Some of the fellow members have repeatedly insisted that the F-16 is a thing of the past, but its clear that there are somethings that just can't be replicated by even a Block III.

In 17 Days, the new President of the United States will be sworn in. We'll find out within the first 30 Days where Pakistan stands...

The train may have already left the station on us getting a few used-Vipers, but one thing about Politics is that - you never know.
Any idea about number? And about Zulus?

Last edited:
PAF F-16C block 52 #10901 is taxiing by the lens at NAS Fort Worth on December 15th, 2009 after performing a functional check flight.

1609716649801.png

What are the chances Biden And Erdogan strike a deal on putting the S-400 away so Turkey can get to buying 100+ F-35, and then Turkey can be cleared to sell it’s used F-16 (but with Turkish AESA upgrade and SLEP) to Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom