What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Don’t forget, just like Peace Gate was the name given to MLU program, another procurement/upgradation program which isn't Block 70/72 could be given a unique name “Indus Viper”

@Blacklight @Caprxl ?

Don't believe Peace Gate was the name of the MLU program. Could you please confirm this?

Peace Gate I to IV were the names of the F-16 orders Pakistan placed in the 80s. We received the 6 from Peace Gate I and 34 from Peace Gate II. The 11 from Peace Gate III and the 17 built out of the 60 from Peace Gate IV were embargoed. Due to this 'disturbed' history with the "Peace Gate" programs the name of the 18 Block 52+ order was changed to "Peace Drive". Otherwise, traditionally, the name is kept the same while adding to the number with each successive order. For the sake of conversation, if any new F-16s are bought, the program's name would probably be Peace Drive II.

Last edited:
Indus Viper, if memory serves me right is a name of a PAF exercise.

Edit: yep it was the name of the PAF-TuAF exercise in 2008

Yes it was that. I believe the recent term is being used for the delivery of the Viper helicopters.

Tukay lgao Musalmano..

P.s I have already mentioned this is something other than the exercise and is unconfirmed so everyone here needs to take a chill pill and forget the topic.If it gets finalized and released to the public then everyone at PDF will know what I meant..

Tukay lgao Musalmano..

P.s I have already mentioned this is something other than the exercise and is unconfirmed so everyone here needs to take a chill pill and forget the topic.If it gets finalized and released to the public then everyone at PDF will know what I meant..
Abb tak kis ka tuka theek Hai???

Tukay lgao Musalmano..

Perhaps take one of those pills yourself too kindly instead of getting worked up guess work by others, which is 99% of this forum anyways.
Second, you cant expect people to magically forget the topic once its been bought up. If it is unconfirmed, people will naturally speculate.

Tukay lgao Musalmano..

Block 70s coming......

Servicemen and especially cadets may not know what is truly considered sensitive. We need some kind of filter (preferable a human filter) on all communications that requires posts to be vetted before they are allowed to go out.
Too much work and manpower required to start vetting all the pictures and videos taken by all the hundreds of thousands of servicemen...it's not at all realistically possible.

Instead there should be a blanket ban on taking pictures and recording videos of any military assets, personnels, bases, etc. Only a dedicated team(trained in what is sensitive and what is not) should be allowed to take pictures and record videos(for media purposes like footage of PAF fighter jets for a PAF song or something). This team should then submit it to some higher authority(a second set of eyes to catch anything that the team in charge of filming didn't catch) with a keen eye and broad knowledge of what is sensitive and what is okay for public eyes. Once approved...then it should be released for public.

In this day and age of social media and everyone having smartphones...there should be stern punishments for those who leak stuff(whether intentionally or unintentionally). The punishment should be fairly handed out regardless of how many connections/influence u have(professionalism should be a must in all military branches...and not nepotism).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom