What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

it will be a real great achievement by PAF if F-16 Block 52 and those BVRs delivered to PAF before the end of 2010.............
Regards,
Sunny

Dear Sir, I am refering this news (from express news paper) for u, to prove my words.
f9c3f6e97d74af7e21b874b7af52db8e.gif

I can asure u that PAF is so much concious now to get 200 to 300 4th and 4.5 generation fighters b4 2015.

I always say

Thanks Mzubair. If the article says so, then there must be some truth in it. Could u please translate just the main points of the article? I hope this is not one of the Urdu papers which many Pakistani's say are unreliable (My knowledge on this subject is very limited.)

Thanks in advance.:cheers:

paf is getting only 62 f-16 block52 ?!!and 18 new that makes 80 this surely not enough to face 400+ iaf's 4th+ generatrion fighter and again most of the fighter are MLU, btw by doing MLU how long long a fighter's life can extended except the avionics as it surely could be new one ?

62 blk 52's ? more like 18 and the remaning old f-16's will go through mlu!

paf is getting only 62 f-16 block52 ?!!and 18 new that makes 80 this surely not enough to face 400+ iaf's 4th+ generatrion fighter and again most of the fighter are MLU, btw by doing MLU how long long a fighter's life can extended except the avionics as it surely could be new one ?
62 blk 52's ? more like 18 and the remaning old f-16's will go through mlu!

Well, going by the name "Mid Life Upgrade", I'm assuming that the upgrades will extend the service life to as many years of service as has already been achieved. That is, it should extend the life of our F-16s to beyond the next decade, maybe even into the 2030s (we're very good at extracting every last bit of juice from our hardware, ex. Mirages, A-5s, F-7s).

After the MLU, our F-16s should be very close to the Block 52 standard, which means that for objective purposes, we can consider them F-16 Block 50s. Thus, the total number after the 18 new ones and 54 MLU minus 9 lost should be 63 F-16s Block 50/52. Let me tell you, that will give us great punching power against any Indian threat.

so tru man,its going to a monstar force.but they now hav two coutries to counter china n pakitan and a big land too.thats the reason y they r making it so big.but no matter wat happen,india is the biggest threat for pakistan.they cant see us happy b/c our forfather break thier india super power baharat:P

money is the reason.i think we should request zardari sahab to giv 10% donation from their private bank balance to PAF,so they can buy remaining f16s:woot::rofl:

yeah same problem .....money!
but we can generate money allocated for J-10
on further sales of 18 more F-16s to PAF by 2011
by keeping in my mind that F-16 block 52 is a much more lethal and versatile fighter than J-10

yeah same problem .....money!
but we can generate money allocated for J-10
on further sales of 18 more F-16s to PAF by 2011
by keeping in my mind that F-16 block 52 is a much more lethal and versatile fighter than J-10

we r nt getting j10 yarr,its fc20/f10.which according to some senior members and on other websites,superior to j10 and realy is a 4+ gen fighter.it would be able to load upto 12 missiles,includind 10bvr.
and Pakistan already looking for a good AESA radar for it.
im damn sure that this is wat we call f10/fc20.

1020487_193188064.jpg

but yaa we should go for 18 more blk52.

we must go for remaining f16 blk52 and must paint gray flags of our fighter into green.
cuz its not good to change the true colour of our nation flag.

we must go for remaining f16 blk52 and must paint gray flags of our fighter into green.
cuz its not good to change the true colour of our nation flag.

Well first 18 took more than 3 years ... In US Pak relations that is lot of time span. Apart from financial problems I think political hurdles are another problem.
Let's assume we get other 18 as well and get all older ones to MLU3. Now I don't think even after doing all this we will able to meet MKI+MMRCA threat in number and quality in future.

That's where FC-20 fits in the equation. 36 FC-20 + 18 Block 52 + 40+MLUed F-16 will provide some time before we can place larger order of FC-20 and complete Thunder's procurement (250)... I think that is much more workable approach keeping in mind IAF future plans. Pakistan can even get FC-20 on deferred payment to China but it can't do same with other countries particularly to USA.

Well, going by the name "Mid Life Upgrade", I'm assuming that the upgrades will extend the service life to as many years of service as has already been achieved. That is, it should extend the life of our F-16s to beyond the next decade, maybe even into the 2030s (we're very good at extracting every last bit of juice from our hardware, ex. Mirages, A-5s, F-7s).

After the MLU, our F-16s should be very close to the Block 52 standard, which means that for objective purposes, we can consider them F-16 Block 50s. Thus, the total number after the 18 new ones and 54 MLU minus 9 lost should be 63 F-16s Block 50/52. Let me tell you, that will give us great punching power against any Indian threat.

I agreed about the statement "Great punching Power" but dear kindly explain how against IAF 230 MKI + 126 (now IAF go for 200+) 200 MMRCA

60 Suppose 50/52 Block F16 + 36 J10 (100) VS (430 +) 4.5 Gen Aircraft i ddnt understand how we fight with them. We need atleast 200 F16s + 100+ any other 4.5 Aircraft. Its my opinion Pakistan close its F16 deal with US and move to Dassalt Rafale.

Back
Top Bottom