What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Bro he often criticized PAF without any logic and most recently he often blame we didn't went Yemen war lead by Saudi Arabia and will become a leader of NATO like alliance for Muslims countries
Brother that criticism is borne out of an intense desire to see it (the PAF) excel in what it does and not finding it perform at the desired level disappoints and enrages him.

He really is gifted to think out of the box. He teaches us to consider aspects of issues that is not being addressed by the rest of us.

I second what @Vortex said in his post #11845 in this thread.

f16 twin rack.JPG

Dual Racks

I am sorry for not knowing that MK is an old man and using inappropriate words. I am so sorry sir...
But I stand by my point... No body has the right to bad mouth a nation. Never forget our shuhda, ghazi, ppl like Edhi sb Ruth pafau and many more like them are part of Pakistani nation.
Back to F 16...

I am sorry for not knowing that MK is an old man and using inappropriate words. I am so sorry sir...
But I stand by my point... No body has the right to bad mouth a nation. Never forget our shuhda, ghazi, ppl like Edhi sb Ruth pafau and many more like them are part of Pakistani nation.
Back to F 16...

hi

thank you for your comments-i appreciate them a lot.

be mad at me or curse me—-i am not bothered by that.

At $8.5 million per unit, Pakistan eyes old F-16s from Private company

Jetlease Palm Beach which is the largest private aircraft leasing company in the world is selling 80’s made F-16A/B Fighting Falcon acquired from Jordan for sale at a unit price of $8.5 million per unit, which according to the company has not been demilitarized and is Block 20 Mid-Life-Update jets which can be put back into service if required.
The chatter in the Pakistani defense community is that Pakistan Air Force (PAF) might or already have approached Jetlease Palm Beach to purchase this jet and along with other three similar jets that are with the company and are for sale.
In Total PAF plans to acquire at least 8 F-16s which have been retired from various operators due to age and due to obsolescence of technology. Many close allies like Turkey which have excess F-16 in its fleet will also sell them an older lot to fill the void left by the loss of some aircraft in accidents off late.
F-16 acquired by PAF in early 80 continues to remain the front line jets in Pakistan’s Arsenal after Joint venture with China on the development of JF-17 couldn’t get desired boosts in the capabilities.

Source:
https://idrw.org/at-8-5-million-per-unit-pakistan-eyes-old-f-16s-from-private-company/
Shitty article from a shitty source.

@aliyusuf @Signalian @Mangus Ortus Novem

Even though this article is based on personal opinion of a random person, what is your say on this?

Secondly, follow the idrw link, there in the comments section, a guy named ‘beencensured’, interesting indian... Rare breed. Pdf needs such neutral indians for convos
Delusional Indians. Nothing else.

@aliyusuf @Signalian @Mangus Ortus Novem

Even though this article is based on personal opinion of a random person, what is your say on this?

Secondly, follow the idrw link, there in the comments section, a guy named ‘beencensured’, interesting indian... Rare breed. Pdf needs such neutral indians for convos
Such a sale is also subject to US approval. But if we can somehow pull it off we must go for it, depending on the condition of these planes. I am an advocate of the Ozgur like upgrade for these birds i.e. no longer any strings attached.

Such a sale is also subject to US approval. But if we can somehow pull it off we must go for it, depending on the condition of these planes. I am an advocate of the Ozgur like upgrade for these birds i.e. no longer any strings attached.
But US won’t allow such

Hi,

For all these years---MKI has been THE CHALLENGE---they claimed it---we trained for it---.

When the time came---we were ready for it---but not ready enough---.

If we could have shot down those 6-7 escaping SU30's---the effect would have been momentous---.

In army term---when 1/3rd of an army division is destroyed---the whole of the division is basically finished---.

That would have broken the back of the enemy air force from which they could have never come out---.

6 SU30's being shot down by the JF17's---the enemy air force commanders would have committed suicide---. They would not have been able to show their faces in any excercizes with foreign countries---.
I don’t know where you getting this info from, how credible, but if really true, how stupid of letting them go. Hit 7 birds at once, they won’t even think of coming near again.

But US won’t allow such
In my humble opinion, that is what some of us think. Upgrading, older block-15 and block-20 vipers with Ozgur like upgrades will not change anything significant. We already have nukes and missiles with greater destructive power and range than a fleet of F-16s ... and business is still as usual.

Just my 2 cents.

In my humble opinion, that is what some of us think. Upgrading, older block-15 and block-20 vipers with Ozgur like upgrades will not change anything significant. We already have nukes and missiles with greater destructive power and range than a fleet of F-16s ... and business is still as usual.

Just my 2 cents.

Nukes sure helped a lot on 27th Feb. Your current avionics suite will be obsolete by the mid-2030s if not earlier, but yeah that's not like a big deal or anything.

Nukes sure helped a lot on 27th Feb. Your current avionics suite will be obsolete by the mid-2030s if not earlier, but yeah that's not like a big deal or anything.
Ozgur Upgrades include GaN based TRM AESA radar, new mission computer avionics ... the works. The US will only release AESA for Pakistan when it will be able to exact something in return from Pakistan ... more strings. My post was in reply to the argument that the US will not allow Ozgur like upgrades. Post 2030 era, our Vipers will become obsolete sans AESA.

Apart from it being CGI, it makes little sense too. Why would one skip out on a set of pylons only to then use dual racks for the second pair of Aim-120. That second pair could have been mounted on stations 2 and 8.

f16railstores2.gif

It makes no sense at all, only the F-16V allows for AAMs to be carried on dual racks. This is how a B52 would make do.

4314372.jpg

Ozgur Upgrades include GaN based TRM AESA radar, new mission computer avionics ... the works. The US will only release AESA for Pakistan when it will be able to exact something in return from Pakistan ... more strings. My post was in reply to the argument that the US will not allow Ozgur like upgrades. Post 2030 era, our Vipers will become obsolete sans AESA.

Fair enough, thank you for clarifying.

Back
Top Bottom