What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

have seen all this my self,
remember the 2001-2002 stand-off between Pakistan and India, have witnessed the Engines On, Pilots ready status on PAF Base Kamara myself. these were F-7 fighters.
:agree:
and yes, i was not just passing by!
;)

Arslan bhai ghussa na karain, JUST CHILL:chilli:

some pics of F-16........ recent one
387315_10150363028310749_543770748_8463542_670021882_n.jpg

308445_10150363028720749_543770748_8463551_384752439_n.jpg

308445_10150363028720749_543770748_8463551_384752439_n.jpg
393371_10150363027755749_543770748_8463532_690783579_n.jpg

376452_10150363027150749_543770748_8463522_468670113_n.jpg

A visit to Shahbaz airbase: All is well…
February 23, 2012

February 23, 2012

While enjoying a smoke, the army chief said the military was fighting militants but also trying to inflict minimum damage on the people in federally administered tribal areas. PHOTO: INP

I reached Shahbaz airbase along with several other journalists and senior Pakistan Air Force officials, to inspect the 36 new F-16 C Block 52 fighters. We were accompanied by General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Chief of Air Staff Rao Qamar Suleman. We toured the revamped base where the recently acquired aircraft will be housed, and which has reportedly cost the government over $5 billion!

I could not see any American soldiers at the airbase, which is only 345 km away from Kandahar, Afghanistan. Everyone, including both the army and air force chiefs, appeared to be grateful to the United States for cooperating with the PAF in revamping the base as well as for providing modern aircraft to maintain regional strategic balance.

I, however, could not find answers to my queries despite spending more than three hours with both the officers. My questions related to our reliance on America’s help as well as apprehensions on India’s proposed $13 billion deal with France to purchase 126 medium multi-role combat aircraft. I wanted to know whether this would not place Pakistan at a clear disadvantage in South Asia.

My journalist colleagues also asked the army and air chiefs several questions, but none of the questions relating to India or America were answered. Later on, during lunch, some of our queries were answered. For example, when asked whether General Kayani was in search of another extension, he replied that the question should rather be put before the government.

He was asked who will decide whether or not to resume Nato supplies, and he said that this would be done by parliament. While enjoying a smoke, the army chief said the military was fighting militants but also trying to inflict minimum damage on the people in federally administered tribal areas.

When asked whether the standoff between the civilian leadership and military had cooled down, the arm chief claimed ‘all is well’. Meanwhile, the air chief said Shahbaz airbase was now completely under the operational control of the PAF and claimed the air force was fully capable of shooting down drones.

Despite the strained relationship between Pakistan and the US, it seems that the cooperation between the two allies is inevitable. A paradigm shift, however, is needed to keep the balance in these relations; it will not only lead both Islamabad and Washington to give a logical end to the Afghan endgame but also keep balance of power in the region.

Correction: An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that the reporter visited Shamsi airbase. This has now been changed to Shahbaz airbase.

The views expressed by the writer and the reader comments do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of The Express Tribune.
A visit to Shahbaz airbase: All is well… – The Express Tribune Blog

Although the best thing was to get 28 old F-16s in 2002-2003 and upgrade them to MLU-3 and then invest more on JF-17 Production as well as K-8s and their further development. I was hoping that the JF-17 Block-Is will have Composites, IFRP, RD-93B and FLIR along with a dual seat that might have joined in 2008. But they were like leaving the JF-17 project on its own, although the GoP didn't provided the money for the production which is quite bad and if they have supported then it will be totally different now.
Fleet in 2012
59 F-16s Block-15 MLU-3
110 JF-17 Block-Is along(30 dual seat)
180 Mirage III/Vs
170 F-7/F-7PGs
50 Super Mushak
50 K-8Ps
50 JF-17 Dual seat for AJTs

February 23, 2012

February 23, 2012

While enjoying a smoke, the army chief said the military was fighting militants but also trying to inflict minimum damage on the people in federally administered tribal areas. PHOTO: INP

I reached Shahbaz airbase along with several other journalists and senior Pakistan Air Force officials, to inspect the 36 new F-16 C Block 52 fighters. We were accompanied by General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Chief of Air Staff Rao Qamar Suleman. We toured the revamped base where the recently acquired aircraft will be housed, and which has reportedly cost the government over $5 billion!

I could not see any American soldiers at the airbase, which is only 345 km away from Kandahar, Afghanistan. Everyone, including both the army and air force chiefs, appeared to be grateful to the United States for cooperating with the PAF in revamping the base as well as for providing modern aircraft to maintain regional strategic balance.

I, however, could not find answers to my queries despite spending more than three hours with both the officers. My questions related to our reliance on America’s help as well as apprehensions on India’s proposed $13 billion deal with France to purchase 126 medium multi-role combat aircraft. I wanted to know whether this would not place Pakistan at a clear disadvantage in South Asia.

My journalist colleagues also asked the army and air chiefs several questions, but none of the questions relating to India or America were answered. Later on, during lunch, some of our queries were answered. For example, when asked whether General Kayani was in search of another extension, he replied that the question should rather be put before the government.

He was asked who will decide whether or not to resume Nato supplies, and he said that this would be done by parliament. While enjoying a smoke, the army chief said the military was fighting militants but also trying to inflict minimum damage on the people in federally administered tribal areas.

When asked whether the standoff between the civilian leadership and military had cooled down, the arm chief claimed ‘all is well’. Meanwhile, the air chief said Shahbaz airbase was now completely under the operational control of the PAF and claimed the air force was fully capable of shooting down drones.

Despite the strained relationship between Pakistan and the US, it seems that the cooperation between the two allies is inevitable. A paradigm shift, however, is needed to keep the balance in these relations; it will not only lead both Islamabad and Washington to give a logical end to the Afghan endgame but also keep balance of power in the region.

Correction: An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that the reporter visited Shamsi airbase. This has now been changed to Shahbaz airbase.

The views expressed by the writer and the reader comments do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of The Express Tribune.
does it cost the nation or government "very ill writing manner" too

Seems like we all have got a dilemma on how many Block 52s do we have.
Many people are reporting 36, not 18.

My sources, from Shahbaz Airbase, told me that over 3 dozen F-16s are at the base. We must have confused the Block 15 with Block 52s. The most likely error.

February 23, 2012

February 23, 2012

We know that 18 F-16s BLK 52 have been delivered......the question is...did this guy see the other 18? He mentions a figure of 36 but fails to account for it in his trip. What a pathetic way of conveying information.

We know that 18 F-16s BLK 52 have been delivered......the question is...did this guy see the other 18? He mentions a figure of 36 but fails to account for it in his trip. What a pathetic way of conveying information.

Donatello.
He is not the only person, there are several sources, visitors and base personnel of Shahbaz airbase, who claim that 36 F-16 Block 52 are present. It would have been perfectly fine, if they assure us that 36 F-16s are present, which is for sure, but adding a 'Block 52' at the end makes things suspicious.

When PAF got the first 2 MLU F-16s from US along a F-16D (10801), some media reports said after the induction ceremony, that PAF has received 18 Block 52 F-16s. The question is, are they talking about the older F-16s or was a new delivery actually made? ISPR hides a lot of things for strategic reasons, but f-16.net didn't report any more sales.

Donatello.
He is not the only person, there are several sources, visitors and base personnel of Shahbaz airbase, who claim that 36 F-16 Block 52 are present. It would have been perfectly fine, if they assure us that 36 F-16s are present, which is for sure, but adding a 'Block 52' at the end makes things suspicious.

When PAF got the first 2 MLU F-16s from US along a F-16D (10801), some media reports said after the induction ceremony, that PAF has received 18 Block 52 F-16s. The question is, are they talking about the older F-16s or was a new delivery actually made? ISPR hides a lot of things for strategic reasons, but f-16.net didn't report any more sales.

36 means 36 I mean if they saw them only then they claimed it , I mean why would they lie they could have lied and said 80f16 but they only reported the number that we had option for it anyways not like it was secret

36 means 36 I mean if they saw them only then they claimed it , I mean why would they lie they could have lied and said 80f16 but they only reported the number that we had option for it anyways not like it was secret

I was informed too about 36 Block 52s in arsenal and a couple of pages back when I posted it, I was lashed back saying it is impossible and that no one except for your sources are saying it, not even f-16.net nor Lajes reports it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom