What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I still feel that F16A is on top of the line in PAF when it comes to maneuverability and agility.After watching the above video i wonder how good JF17 is that it has beaten f16 recently in maneuverability.

if the F-16s and accompanying new hardware are not used as intended, they dont need kill-swtiches or any of that other over-hyped propaganda. What they can do is force Lockheed Martin and other defence contractors not to provide spares/tech support to PAF --which eventually would entail grounding the fleet.

the Americans arent stupid, obviously they know that these weapons (e.g. the AIM-120 'Charlies' , Sniper target pods, etc.) are not all to be ''aimed'' at counter-insurgency against taleban enemies. It is true that these ''bonus'' aircrafts give us an edge in night-time precision ground attack capability, which is crucial for PAF in conventional and non-conventional war.

Remember that all these deals were made under the previous regime in Islamabad - circa 2004. Bilateral relations were much smoother then, and by law and b/c of their interest in not squashing relations they are ''compelled'' to honour the contracts that were signed. I dont think Americans want to repeat history of taking our money and not delivering the aircrafts -like what they did during Pressler Amendment (which did damage relations significantly). At least for now, that is how it is.

does this mean that future procurements or similar weapons purchases would be as easily transacted? Well, we will have to wait and see. PAF for obvious reasons can't afford to put all eggs in one basket. But we have to value and accept that the American technology is still creme de la crop --it's reliable, advanced and well battle-tested.

love it when the F-16 does that turn on 0:33 seconds.

if the F-16s and accompanying new hardware are not used as intended, they dont need kill-swtiches or any of that other over-hyped propaganda. What they can do is force Lockheed Martin and other defence contractors not to provide spares/tech support to PAF --which eventually would entail grounding the fleet.

the Americans arent stupid, obviously they know that these weapons (e.g. the AIM-120 'Charlies' , Sniper target pods, etc.) are not all to be ''aimed'' at counter-insurgency against taleban enemies. It is true that these ''bonus'' aircrafts give us an edge in night-time precision ground attack capability, which is crucial for PAF in conventional and non-conventional war.

Remember that all these deals were made under the previous regime in Islamabad - circa 2004. Bilateral relations were much smoother then, and by law and b/c of their interest in not squashing relations they are ''compelled'' to honour the contracts that were signed. I dont think Americans want to repeat history of taking our money and not delivering the aircrafts -like what they did during Pressler Amendment (which did damage relations significantly). At least for now, that is how it is.

does this mean that future procurements or similar weapons purchases would be as easily transacted? Well, we will have to wait and see. PAF for obvious reasons can't afford to put all eggs in one basket. But we have to value and accept that the American technology is still creme de la crop --it's reliable, advanced and well battle-tested.

AZ: I have to honor my agreement with Chogy. :D

The F-16 is a great platform to be sure, and it forms an important part of the PAF armamentarium, as you have indicated. I am happy with that too.

TrtW2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom