What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

One question, a bit off topic but i can't seem to find any other place to ask this question.

Our old F-16s are suppose to go through MLU's, i have been hearing this since last 2-3 years. PAF is going to spend around $2bln (right?) on this project but yet not a single aircraft has gone through MLU (is it?). When is this project going to complete? How long is it going to take?

PAF F-16B block 15 #82603 is touching down on the runway at Lajes AFB on its way from Pakistan to the US for its MLU conversion. [Photo by Fabio Rocha]

PAF F-16A block 15 #84713 and F-16B block 15 #82603 are parked ont he tarmac at Lajes AFB during their stopover enroute to the US. [Photo by Fabio Rocha]

i think it will end till 2012.

One question, a bit off topic but i can't seem to find any other place to ask this question.

Our old F-16s are suppose to go through MLU's, i have been hearing this since last 2-3 years. PAF is going to spend around $2bln (right?) on this project but yet not a single aircraft has gone through MLU (is it?). When is this project going to complete? How long is it going to take?

PAF - F-16 Block 15 will undergo MLU from TAI starting Oct 2010. (One per month)

PAF F-16B block 15 #82603 is touching down on the runway at Lajes AFB on its way from Pakistan to the US for its MLU conversion. [Photo by Fabio Rocha]

PAF F-16A block 15 #84713 and F-16B block 15 #82603 are parked ont he tarmac at Lajes AFB during their stopover enroute to the US. [Photo by Fabio Rocha]

i think it will end till 2012.

ok i am confused we got fighters from the US last june i guess...i thought ALL our F-16s were going to be delivered to us then sent Turkey for MLUs....now i am confused looking at the pics why are we sending them back to US....? the MLU business is getting confusing:coffee:

ok i am confused we got fighters from the US last june i guess...i thought ALL our F-16s were going to be delivered to us then sent Turkey for MLUs....now i am confused looking at the pics why are we sending them back to US....? the MLU business is getting confusing:coffee:

As no Bl15 fighters have yet undergone the MLU typethat we have requested, the first 4 aircrafts are being done in USA. Once they have been tested and found to be working appropriately, the rest of the fighters will be dealt with in Turkey. 4 aircrafts are currently in US and due to return in 2011
Araz

As no Bl15 fighters have yet undergone the MLU typethat we have requested, the first 4 aircrafts are being done in USA. Once they have been tested and found to be working appropriately, the rest of the fighters will be dealt with in Turkey. 4 aircrafts are currently in US and due to return in 2011
Araz

doest HMD(helmet mounted display) gives pilot some edge to gain superiority over enemy aircraft in a dogfight

Contract for F-16 Training for PAF

Lockheed Martin Corp., Lockheed Martin Simulator, training and support, Orlando, Fla., was awarded a $7,190,146 modification to a firm fixed price contract to provide Type I special training (operations and maintenance) for the government of Pakistan in support of their F-16 program. At this time, $6,115,480 has been obligated. AETC/CONS/LGCI, Randolph AFB, Texas is the contracting authority (FA3002-06-G-0001, Call 0014, Modification 02).

http://www.defpro.com/news/details/12854/

Araz

these 4 a/c are called 'pattern' a/c for the MLU. the others will follow suit in accordance to this MLU.

Pakistani F-16C in flight test at Fort Worth:

The 1st PAF F-16C block 52, 10901 (c/n JE-1, USAF/07-0001), is undertaking test flights from LM's Fort Worth facility, Texas on December 17. This was the 1st time a PAF single-seat aircraft has been noted, although the first PAF two-seat F-16D has been in flight test since September 29-2009.

AFM News

desperate to see them roaring in Pak skies!!!

regards!

please provide any source for this
previously we have heard that PAF's all 45 F-16s will be MLUed by the end of 2014

Saulat
The info is in the forum. Unfortunately, and I dont want to sound prudish, I dont have the time to dig it out. But the time line for these MLUs which have gone to USA is 2011. If TAI starts MLUing our aircrafts in 2010 ,it will still take 48 months for full fleet toMLU, if I rememeber corrrectly I am sorry i cant be any more halp at the moment.
Araz

Back
Top Bottom