What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

1652630416825.png

If I remember correctly, PAF's UAV kill in June 2002 was made by Sqn. Ldr. Zulfiqar flying solo in F-16B.
Negative. Flown by two pilots. The other pilot was the F-16 demo pilot at this year's March 23rd parade

Last edited:
Raja Rizwanullah. First fighter pilot in PAF who was also an aerospace engineering graduate. Died in 2002 with many of PAF's senior leadership in a Fokker aircraft.
His wife was Paktel's CIO back in the late 90s.

Negative. Flown by two pilots. The other pilot was the F-16 demo pilot at this year's March 23rd parade
But this year's Viper demo pilot was W/C Affan Aslam , and the attached image of the of the IAF UAV debris trophy lists the pilot names as Sqn Ldr Zulfiqar Ayub and Sqn Ldr Afzal Awan....
IAF_Searcher_display_PAF.jpg

But this year's Viper demo pilot was W/C Affan Aslam , and the attached image of the of the IAF UAV debris trophy lists the pilot names as Sqn Ldr Zulfiqar Ayub and Sqn Ldr Afzal Awan....View attachment 845738
Possibly. I could be mistaken. Even seeing an Ali flying USAF Vipers at Fort Worth had me confused a bit.

Any chance Block 60/62 could join PAF after retirement from UAEAF or replacement by UAE Rafales.
Not for now as they have no plans to retire. The cadre of Emiratis pilots are racking 3-4k hours in the jets with many more expected to join the pipeline and have it in service for another decade or so.

Raja Rizwanullah. First fighter pilot in PAF who was also an aerospace engineering graduate. Died in 2002 with many of PAF's senior leadership in a Fokker aircraft.
I think W/C Amir Maqsood maybe earlier than him. He shot down Mig-21 from a F-86. Then went on to CAE to graduate at the top of his majors. Don’t know why retired early.

Possibly. I could be mistaken. Even seeing an Ali flying USAF Vipers at Fort Worth had me confused a bit.
No prob. Actually I remembered the rank (W/C), from the parade announcement, so it got me thinking.If someone was flying combat missions 20 years ago, then surely they should have made beyond W/C by now.I don't know about the PAF ranking criteria, just my observation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom