What's new

Pakistan expresses concern over 'Akhand Bharat' mural in new Parliament

@Joe Shearer sb speaks cuneiform? 😱

or is that an ageist joke, @hembo ?
:azn:

Clever, QUITE clever, but no cigar.

That is not cuneiform, that is Brahmi script, and the writing is a copy of one of the rock pillar edicts of Asoka. I am feeling too lazy in this 38 deg. heat to look it up, or to offer readers a full transcript (it is quite readily available on line).

Asokan pillars were written in both Brahmi and in Kharosthi, depending on the location. This one is, in my opinion, Brahmi.

??? The country Hindustan was non existent. India just adopted a name given by foreign invaders. Hindustan itself is a region named after the Indus, of which not an inch flows through India.

As Churchill said, "India is no more of a country than the Equator.

If you want to use your own logic, PAKISTAN stands for Punjab, Afghania, Kashmir, Sindh, and Balochistan. Sindh alone is older than Hindustan.
Please try not to say these very silly things in public, at least until the weather has cooled down with the coming of the rains (another two weeks at most). It is far too hot to offer impromptu history lessons in basic history.

Your kind cooperation will oblige.

That's not Hindustan. That's Aurangzeb's empire. Just showing some places of importance of old times. There was no Hindustan back then.
When history starts from the 7th century of attaching of Gori/ Gazni, it happens. That mural is the 2nd BC of Smarat Ashoka.

I will tell you in a minute. [Let me first open a can of whupp-a*s on these ignorant sumbitches]
How I read it :D

@hembo , you get the same feeling?

@Joe Shearer , Sir, the vernacular is considerably urban and I don't know if you fancy it but it basically means humiliating or beating up (figuratively, in this case). Just laying it out there so there's no misunderstanding. It's a complement as I happen to admire a good putdown.

Case in point:
Please try not to say these very silly things in public, at least until the weather has cooled down with the coming of the rains (another two weeks at most). It is far too hot to offer impromptu history lessons in basic history.

Your kind cooperation will oblige.

As for the explanation, thank you. :-)

@Joe Shearer , Sir, the vernacular is considerably urban and I don't know if you fancy it but it basically means humiliating or beating up (figuratively, in this case). Just laying it out there so there's no misunderstanding. It's a complement as I happen to admire a good putdown.
:disagree:

It's too hot for an old man nursing his last few days. Whatever you say, folks.

Back
Top Bottom