What's new

Pakistan exported worth $ 1 bln IT services in 5 years

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan has exported worth over USD one billion IT services to different countries during the last five years.

According to official sources exports of IT services has been registered at over three hundred thirty million dollars during the current fiscal year.

There are over one hundred countries that are presently procuring IT services from Pakistan. United States is the major destination for exports of IT services from Pakistan accounting for over forty percent of the exports.

The sources said over USD3.7 billion target for export of IT services have been set for the next five years.

Radio Pakistan-
Over $3.7 billion target for export of IT services have been set for the next five years.

1Billion $ & that also in 5 friggin years??? Sorry but this is not even a peanut.

A country like Pakistan can do 30 times better than this very easily if rite steps are taken.

i think pakistan can do better if right environment and institutions are created.

just I billion USD in last 5 years ?? :eek: That's peanut
Because IT sector is still not fully matured in Pakistan. IT houses have been around for a while, yet we haven't seen anything notable from Pakistani IT industry. Most of the projects are more concerned with making short money than running their houses like commercial enterprises.

Because IT sector is still not fully matured in Pakistan. IT houses have been around for a while, yet we haven't seen anything notable from Pakistani IT industry. Most of the projects are more concerned with making short money than running their houses like commercial enterprises.
The news talks about IT services, I'm not sure what that leaves out.
It's not only projects that they do, many of these have their product line and a stable but unincreasing client base.

It's not only projects that they do, many of these have their product line and a stable but unincreasing client base.
Thats exactly where the weakness lies. The product development e-entrepreneurship have been lagging in Pakistan IT industry.

^ Why ain't Pakistanis from Silicon valley even trying it back in Pakistan.

p8_32.jpg

GoP has envisaged IT exports worth 3.7742 Billion $ in next five years. The breakup of which as follows
Fiscal Year 2013: 414.3 Million USD
FY 2014: 530 Million USD
FY 2015: 689.50 Million USD
FY 2016: 910 Million USD
FY 2017: 1229.74 Million USD Approx.

Given the amount of talent we have in this field back home and the amount of overseas Pakistanis working in this industry. That number is far too low for my liking.

Lets see if the government forecasts hold any validity.

a breakup should have been more helpful to know how much progress have been made compared to each year..

Back
Top Bottom