What's new

Pakistan dumped nuclear waste in Afghanistan

PakForce Unlimited

Reaction score
Pakistan 'dumped nuclear waste

The Afghan government says it has evidence that nuclear waste from Pakistan was dumped in Afghanistan during the reign of the Taleban.

Parliamentary affairs minster Faruq Wardag told the BBC the waste was buried in the southern provinces of Kandahar and Helmand.

The minister said he did not know how much waste was dumped or for how long the practice had gone on.

Pakistan said it would comment only after Kabul approaches it officially.

Mr Wardag said he did not know the exact nature of the evidence.

He said the government was setting up a commission to investigate the matter.

A Pakistani foreign ministry spokesman said he could not comment until the Afghan government made an official statement about the allegations.

The Taleban were in power in Afghanistan from 1996 until they were overthrown in 2001.

Link: BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan 'dumped nuclear waste'

This is a serious accusation by Afghanistan. Anyone here knoe where Pakistan sends its nuclear waste? In mountains or underground would be my guess.

This is a serious accusation by Afghanistan. Anyone here knoe where Pakistan sends its nuclear waste? In mountains or underground would be my guess.
It is an accusation by the Afghan "Parliamentary affairs minister", who also said the following:

1. The minister said he did not know how much waste was dumped or for how long the practice had gone on.

2. Mr Wardag said he did not know the exact nature of the evidence.

3. He said the government was setting up a commission to investigate the matter.

At this point nothing more than baseless speculation. The GoP's response was perfectly appropriate:

A Pakistani foreign ministry spokesman said he could not comment until the Afghan government made an official statement about the allegations.

What about all the tactical nukes the USA used in Afghanistan? This story could possibly be a fraud to cover up the scandal within Afghanistan. Soon, when more and more Afghans learn to read and use their brains they will realize that radiation levels in Kabul and other areas are 200 to 500 times the normal level. So in order to keep the urban(non taliban) and educated Afghan public "happy" about NATO occupation, they blame the nuclear pollution on Pakistan and the Taliban. Clever eh?

Maqsad,

Tactical nukes in afghanistan---guy you have any clue what they are and what they are used for---even if it is a third hand third rate information---quoting it here---please let this board have some integrity left. Thanks.

MastanKhan I am not making this up, I did read somewhere that the US used tactical nukes in Tora Bora and in some other area closer to Kabul. From what I understand if a nuke has a yield between 1 kiloton and 5 kilitons it is not considered a nuke in terms of the rules of war. Which means nobody is obligated to report it as a nuke either, or seek special permission to use it in combat.

Now besides the tactical nukes which the US is alleged to have used by this unverified article which I read(I will try and dig it up later), the US military openly admits to using depleted uranium shells. Now, I am no military historian but I do recall vaguely that Tora Bora had a lot of deep cave complexes similar to bunkers in structure, i.e. they definately needed to use very strong exlosive power there to root out the taliban. Well is it so unreasonable to assume that at least DU ammunition was used there along with DU enforced cluster bombs? Maybe some very low yield tactical nukes were used there as well for the "shock and awe" effect. How is this speculation at least not plausible?

Having said that it also occurred to me that Helmand and Kandahar are extremely close to Chagai Hills. There could be some very slight radioactive level increases in those provinces as a byproduct of the 98 tests and the Afghans together with elements in the US could have cooked up a scheme to create a fraud news story to link it with nonexistent toxic waste.

05f22c9377209e8e1c53c39aed0fd1f3.gif
ccadbc5140110abba8f4488cc6f07591.jpg

MAQAD Americans developed Massive ordinance Airblast (MOAB) bomb and thermobaric bombs that suck out oxygen in Tora bora caves

I'm aware of that. I think Fuel Air Explosives, FAO bombs are another name that some bombs belonging to that class of weapons is known by. However that does not in of itself mean that tactical nukes were not used in tora bora nor that Depleted Uranium was not and is not somehow utilized in "bunker buster" weapons.

Do you also deny that Depleted Uranium is being used on a regular basis up to this very day in Iraq and Afghanistan? Do you also deny that DU weapons raise the radioactive levels in areas they are used?

Thanks AM. While I am not sure that was the exact article I read the link you posted does cite other sources which adds to the credibility of this whole assessment.

US Veteran Reveals Atomic Bombs Dropped On Afghanistan And Iraq

Here are some quotes:

While precision-guided weapons doom above-ground buildings (and any civilians inside or nearby), deeply buried bunkers can be used as “an effective sanctuary,” declared the USAF Air War College, “to manufacture and store weapons of mass destruction.” As the Air Force Times pointed out, Osama's “difficult to locate” mountain bunkers “are often beyond the reach of most conventional weapons unable to survive passing through tens of meters of rock and concrete.” [Deeply Buried Facilities Implications for Military Operations USAF Center for Strategy and Technology Air War College May 2000; Air Force Times Apr 14/97]

DIRTY BOMBS
They also began dropping two-and-a-half-ton GBU-28 "dense metal" penetrators from B-52s and B-1 Stealth bombers. Exploding deep underground, the bomb's explosive energy “coupled” with bedrock under immense pressure from the weight bearing down on it. The resulting seismic shock wave could crush an underground bunker - or the internal organs of anyone caught in the “overpressure” from a blast wave 20-times stronger than the bomb blast itself. [ucsusa.org May/05]

In order to penetrate rock and concrete, each “Great Big Uranium” bomb is shaped like a spear tipped with tons of radioactive Uranium-238 nearly twice as dense as lead. Using nuclear waste left over from making atomic bombs and reactor fuel, the amount of radioactive Depleted Uranium (DU) particles spread by each GBU “dirty bomb” eclipsed any terrorist's fantasy - one-and-a-half metric tons of aerosolized particles capable of causing genetic mutations and death for the next four billion years! [Le Monde March 2002]

The similarities of BLU and GBU detonations to nuclear blasts was not lost on U.S. war planners, who realized that the blast effects and resulting radioactive fallout from conventional bunker-busters could mask the detonation of so-called “low-yield” B61-11 tactical nuclear bombs.

The Bush administration's first U.S. Nuclear Posture Review had already called for fast-track development of new tactical nuclear weapons, a resumption of nuclear tests, and more "flexible, adaptable strike plans" - including "options for variable and reduced yields.” Submitted to Congress on December 31, 2001, the neocon's follow-up CONPLAN 8022 would reverse the decades-old U.S. policy against “first use” of nuclear weapons by authorizing their rapid deployment to destroy 'time-urgent targets' anywhere in the world. [ People's Weekly World Newspaper Mar 16/02]

ILL WINDS
Soon after commencing aerial bombardment against Afghanistan, Secretary of Defence Donald Rumsfeld told the press “he did not rule out the eventual use of nuclear weapons." [Houston Chronicle Oct 20/01]

The other half of the article has even more direct quotes and cites, I didn't bother going through all of it.

Depleted Uranium is definitely used.Its also affecting their own Health of the soldiers.

This is another conspiracy against pakistani Nukes

Wasnt india enough with their BS, now we have afghanistan too. Pakistan do need to do something about this on going nonsense from the puppet afghan regime.

Hi,

It must be understood that a nuke is a nuke---whether it is a 2 kiloton device or a 50 kiloton device. They both are nuclear weapons---because they use fissile material.

A daisy cutter, or a MOAB is a chemical bomb---ie a mixture of tnt, rdx and aluminium etc---the principal of explosion of these two items are totally different. I am pretty sure you guys can find all this information, if you already don't know it.

Here is what I would like to share---what seems and sounds outrageous----most of the times it is---even though there are exceptions.

You see, all the super fives have their satellites in the orbit---the defence related satellites have sensors that detect above ground nuclear explosions---big ones or small ones---big bangs or tactical nukes going off---a nuclear flash is a nuclear flash----the chemical analysis of the air will differentiate between the two---is it a MOAB or a tactical nuke.

Also, almost all deep underground bunker buster are tipped with high explosives---tactical bunker busting nukes are an exception.

Now if you are talking about a depleted uranium tank shell, that is not a tactical nuke either---even though it has uranium---but the there is no nuclear reaction---even though we can say that there is contamination by radiation of the target and soil.

I am extremely weary of some of the articles written by some u s veterans---you must take them with a grain of salt---now if there was any radioactive reference in that area of Tora Bora---I don't think it was from a tactical nuke---I can tell you that there might be a better chance of a bunker buster hitting a deep core natural deposit---a deep vein of a uranium ore in some of those mountains.

Even though I would not trust rummy---I think that russia and china would know of any tactical nukes used and they would have spoken up as well as japan.

Back
Top Bottom