What's new

Pakistan donates 1 mln USD to quake-hit China

ChinaToday

Reaction score
Country
China
rd9q.jpg

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi (R) meets with Pakistan's Ambassador to China Masood Khalid in Beijing, capital of China, July 24, 2013, receiving a humanitarian donation of one million U.S. dollars from the Pakistani government to quake-hit areas in China. A 6.6-magnitude quake hit northwest China's Gansu Province on Monday morning, leaving 95 dead. (Xinhua/Liu Weibing)

BEIJING, July 24 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi met on Wednesday with Pakistan's Ambassador to China Masood Khalid and received a humanitarian donation of one million U.S. dollars from the Pakistani government.

A 6.6-magnitude quake hit northwest China's Gansu Province on Monday morning, leaving 95 dead and 1,001 injured.

"A friend in need is a friend indeed," said Wang, calling Pakistan a devoted friend of China.

He recalled Pakistan's donation of more than 20,000 tents to China during the Wenchuan earthquake in 2008.

Despite difficulties in its own economy, Pakistan is again providing assistance to China, which demonstrates the brotherhood between the two countries, said Wang.

Khalid said Pakistan is keenly aware of the sufferings of people in the quake-stricken areas and believes that the quake-affected people will endure the difficulties and rebuild their homeland.

Pakistan donates 1 mln USD to quake-hit China - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Long live china Pakistan friendship

One thing I love in this world is when the unfortunate and underprivileged donate to others. It reminds me that their is still humanity left in the world.

I really hope pakistanis adopt many things from the chinese. one thing I really love about chinese is how much they love their mother land, we need to adopt the same attitude and stop being so corrupt. And of course chinese work ethics would greatly improve pakistanis lives

Very good gesture, hope the victims of the earthquake recover as soon as possible.

that million dollars could have been better used on pakistanis, china doesn't need our help, they can take care of themselves pretty well,
at best we should have sent people to help with the clean up i guess.

Back
Top Bottom