What's new

Pakistan Domestic 155 mm artillery gun is under test and trial : HIT

Probably towed, we can build upon it and make a SP version later on. Need to get the basics right first.

In the end it does not really matter. The gun itself (barrel and breach) is what is important. The rest can be modified for towed or mounted configuration.

Towed 155mm hopefully. The ones required to replace those 122mm and 130mm guns.
In Kiyanai era they wanted to replace all calibres of Artillery with 155mm.
He even inauguted base bleed 155mm Artillery round manufacturing facility.
It's taking too long. I guess so far they only got rid of the 205mm,

In Kiyanai era they wanted to replace all calibres of Artillery with 155mm.
He even inauguted base bleed 155mm Artillery round manufacturing facility.
It's taking too long. I guess so far they only got rid of the 205mm,

You cannot replace all guns with 155mm. You need smaller caliber for mountain warfare.

HIT, Puma 6x6 undergoing refurbishment
675EB89F-B1D1-42EB-BB95-426614069973.png

It will be a great achievement, but HIT needs to focus on MRAP vehicles. Our soldiers need them very badly, especially in Baluchistan and FATA.
VT-4 now 155 mm artillery have its own importance but if you ask a soldier's mother she will tell you a different story.

No I meant systems needed for targetting?
I'm not 100% sure, but there are portable ballistics computers, which take in data from sensors (sights, wind, ground radar etc... Which are also portable) And calculate the optimal angle and direction to whatever you're firing at.
Someone like @PanzerKiel would have a better idea.

I'm not 100% sure, but there are portable ballistics computers, which take in data from sensors (sights, wind, ground radar etc... Which are also portable) And calculate the optimal angle and direction to whatever you're firing at.
Someone like @PanzerKiel would have a better idea.

Some private company did work on portable ballistic computers (if I remember correctly) but I don't know if they were inducted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom