What's new

Pakistan doesn’t have a single lion, tiger, rhino

Its all Nawaz Sharif Fault, he have take away our lions for Campaigns, Idiot needs to change his symbol :lol:

nawaz-sharif-lions.jpg

pmln-lion.jpg

:frown::frown:

Dont worry India, we are doing every thing we can to preserve wild life

Move to preserve wildlife in Sindh | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

DAWN.COM | National | Move to preserve Taunsa wildlife sanctuary

List of wildlife sanctuaries in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( I know its less then India, but regarding our size, I think its enough, dont start a debate on this too :lol:)

We have only 9% of jungle left, how much wild life we can have in that??

Good to see..The forest cover needs some serious attention though..

nForce said:
One of the taliban fighter goes high on adrenaline and jumps into the exhibit where Marzan was kept,in order to show his manliness.He tried to dominate over Marzan using his bare hands.Well,the lion didnt like the idea at all,gave this guy a few slaps leading to his death.

The next day,his brother comes to avenge the death.This time he throws a grenade at Marzan.Marzan survives the grenade,but looses an eye and his face is pretty badly disfigured as well....

:rofl: (I know it's sad, and PETA's gonna kill me but :rofl:)

I once came across a report about the only Lion in Kabul zoo,name Marzan.

It was during the time when the Taliban captured Kabul.
One of the taliban fighter goes high on adrenaline and jumps into the exhibit where Marzan was kept,in order to show his manliness.He tried to dominate over Marzan using his bare hands.Well,the lion didnt like the idea at all,gave this guy a few slaps leading to his death.

The next day,his brother comes to avenge the death.This time he throws a grenade at Marzan.Marzan survives the grenade,but looses an eye and his face is pretty badly disfigured as well....

The whole incident kind of shows how much of insanity these people were capable of.

just look what these people had done....

AF-Kabul-lion2.cut.jpg

The man beside the poor lion just shows that,no matter what,humanity still exists....

is it a fairy tale or is it real? i cant find any thing on google, any link plz.

is it a fairy tale or is it real? i cant find any thing on google, any link plz.
The big cat was blinded when an Afghan fighter threw a grenade at him in the early 1990s. "He is as old as I am," zoo director Sheragha Omar recently told the Associated Press. "The poor beast has no mate. He is aging fast. Mostly, he is traumatized from his brush with death. But we cannot let these animals die," continued Omar. "It is our Pashtun honor. We do not count up the cost. Our duty is to save them." Late last week, the UK-based World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) was able to get funds directly to the zoo via a British newspaper. The money will provide ongoing veterinary care and food for the zoo's animals for the next three months. WSPA is also preparing to mobilize an animal-disaster relief team to visit the country at the earliest opportunity.

Marjan, The Lion of Kabul, Afghanistan Kabul Zoo Brooke Hospital 2005 Updates Donatella Euthanized

In 1993, a man who made a bet with the rest of his friends, snuck into the lion’s den. The man stroked Chucha, the lioness, who did not react, but Marjan attacked the man and killed him within minutes. The following day, the man’s brother came and threw a hand grenade into the lion’s den, rendering Marjan blind in one eye (which had to be removed), deaf, and permanently disabled. Despite several surgeries, neither Marjan’s eyesight nor his mouth could be saved. He lost all of his teeth, making it impossible for him to eat boned meat. A ramp was also built for him to get back into his den, as he was seen falling a few times while trying to make it back inside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjan_%28lion%29

a very misleading report AFAIK there were never any lions, rhinos in the areas known as pakistan.

there is the moutain lion or leopard but it is rare these days. deer, wild boar, mountain goat (ibex ithink) are still roaming their areas of breeding.

there are no wild-life controls implemented even though there are wild life sanctuaries like Kirthar national park (lots of deer).

I think land of Pakistan does not had any Tiger population in past , yes Lions were present in Sindh and Punjab and Last lion was killed around 1902 in Ghotki district. I doubt Indian Rhino was present in Pakistan , but once may be it was , Ibn Batuta mention Rhino like animal in Sindh but I think it should be Wild boar. Government of Pakistan rarely takes any interest to protect wild life in Pakistan , they allow Arabs to kill precious endanger animals.even some of them have protected status in their Arab countries.....Jungles are fully destroyed no one natural Jungle remain I think.. even golden fox and Golden Jackal are now rare.gharials are gone , river dolphins are dying with poison under the order of Government of Sindh..

last word ::::::: IN Pakistan every Animal is critically endanger.......

Back
Top Bottom