What's new

Pakistan doesn’t have a single lion, tiger, rhino

I believe this is what you call evolution -- animals need to run faster then our bullets or suffer the consequences.

<-----Her it is!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Those lions must have been evolved into human beings!!!!! :D

and the source is topi news :lol:, i think there r still lions and tigers in balochistan present..., we need to preserve and populate them, its vital for pak animal diversity

Topi news?????

You mean this topi!

cap%20%20joe%20student%20(4)_1.jpg

i meant topi kahani

Here is a topi for you!!!!!!!!!!:P

funny-cat.jpg

:rofl::rofl:

....AND THEN PEOPLE CRY THAT INDIANS TROLL

Many animal species facing extinction

Islamabad

With many birds and mammals species facing extinction as four mammals are known to have so far disappeared from Pakistan including the tiger (Panthera tigris), swamp deer (Cervus duvauceli), lion (Panthera leo) and the Indian one-horned Rhinoceros (Rhinoceros unicornis).

According to data

Four species are also going to disappear from wildlife list comprising Asiatic cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus venaticus), Indian Wild As$ (Equus hemionus khur) and Hangul (Cervus elaphus hanglu).

When it comes to wildlife, the regions are not divided physically but on the basis of biological assets. In Pakistan, the biological provinces include Pamir-Karakoram Highlands, Himalayan Highlands, Antolia-Iranian desert, Indus Ganges monsoon forest and Thar desert.

Red List of Threatened Animals by International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) exposed 37 species and 14 sub-species of internationally threatened or near-threatened mammals that are found in Pakistan. Of these, two are critically endangered, nine endangered, 11 vulnerable, 23 near threatened, five data deficient and one conservation dependent.

The critically endangered mammals are the Balochistan black bear (Ursus tibetanus gedrosianus) and the Chiltan goat (Capra aegagrus chiltanensis). The full list of threatened and near-threatened mammals includes: four species of bats (Chiroptera), two species of primates, three species of dogs (Canidae), three species and two sub-species of cats (Felidae), one species of otter (Mustelidae), and one species and one sub-species of bear (Ursidae).

The data provided by the environment ministry to the National Assembly couples of days back, out of 4,100 mammal species in the world, Pakistan is home to 188, including 25 hoofed animals, including Indus River dolphins, snow leopard, Balochistan bear, Marco Polo sheep, woolly flying squirrel, fin whale, and markhor.

Of a total 8,600 birds species, Pakistan’s share is of 666 migratory and resident species. Similarly, of 6,500 reptiles, Pakistan has 165 species of which 88 are lizards, 72 snakes, 10 turtles (2 marines) 2 tortoise, 1 crocodile and 1 gavial.

In the category of 2,600 amphibians/fishes, the country’s 14 species include 400 marine fish and 125 fresh water species. In addition, Pakistan is a habitat for 20,000 species of insects/invertebrate of them 700 are marine.

IUCN’s list also names three species of cetacean, one species and one sub-species of Artiodactyla, one sub-species of Cervid, 11 species and nine sub- species of Bovidae (antelopes, goats, sheep, etc.), one species of pangolin (Manidae), and seven species of Rodentia.

Twenty-five internationally threatened birds (one critically endangered, two endangered, and 22 vulnerable) and 17 internationally near-threatened birds are found in Pakistan. One critically threatened bird is the lesser florican (Eupodotis indica).

The list showed that ten internationally threatened reptiles occur in Pakistan (three endangered, three vulnerable, three near threatened and one data deficient), but there are no internationally threatened amphibians in Pakistan.

“Our concerned officials are taking great pains to collect data and constitute policies for protection of endangered species of birds and mammals. Strict laws are being introduced to prevent illegal hunting across the country,” he said.

bhai sahab, rhinos and lions were extinct for many centuries, and abt tigers im uncertain, maybe some are present in balochistan, chltan park, or as the guy said in murree forests dunno..

:crazy: than what happened to evolution theory? :undecided:

Evolution pushed these species to the verge of extinction within a time period of 63 years??? :crazy:
I think it is time you check the basics of Evolution theory again.....btw,the tigers and lions are still found in other parts of the World...

i am always surprised when Pakistanis comment about the credibility of the source,those people who fed 24*7on controversy theories ask for credibility of source,amazing is not it

bhai sahab, rhinos and lions were extinct for many centuries, and abt tigers im uncertain, maybe some are present in balochistan, chltan park, or as the guy said in murree forests dunno..

Ok I think "The News" in search of news may have put this news ,which should have been published centuries ago, just for circulation.

Also in the news header it says

four mammals are known to have so far disappeared from Pakistan including the tiger (Panthera tigris), swamp deer (Cervus duvauceli), lion (Panthera leo) and the Indian one-horned Rhinoceros (Rhinoceros unicornis).

So that basically means it has disappeared long ago..

We are not debating whether it happened yesterday or last year. Its just a news for people who have love for nature. But most are debating on evolution, putting up topis , questioning sources in thread.. what can i do..

lol, you worked really hard to find source other than topi news :lol:
You should have asked me to provide a good source before!:D

BTW I appreciate your effort and hard work :smitten:

Sorry bro.. i am more into actual "content" than looking and worrying on sources.

i am always surprised when Pakistanis comment about the credibility of the source,those people who fed 24*7on controversy theories ask for credibility of source,amazing is not it

Are you talking about this media

BTW this is Indian media!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the snow leopards? I think they are present in northern areas. As far as rhinos or lions are concern they were gone extinct long ago. Snow leapords are still present in the northern areas and efforts have been made to save them from extinction.
:)

We are not debating whether it happened yesterday or last year. Its just a news for people who have love for nature. But most are debating on evolution, putting up topis , questioning sources in thread.. what can i do..

Oh man! don't be that angry! I just got a chance to post here after a long time so was just enjoying! Seriously! no pun was intended! :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man! don't be that angry! I just got a chance to post here after a long time so was just enjoying! Seriously! no pun was intended! :angel:

Ok point taken. :cheers:

I want you to get back into more serious discussions and debates which are interesting and informative. There is no fun in mud throwing contest anymore.

Btwn- hows ur job going? any new videos coming up?/ Its been some time since u uploaded one.

Back
Top Bottom