What's new

Pakistan dismisses U.S. call to implement sanctions on Iran

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan dismisses U.S. call to implement sanctions on Iran - Tehran Times

ISLAMABAD: The Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) has disseminated a letter of the foreign office to the chambers of commerce of the country for taking necessary actions on U.S. sanctions on Iran, said a letter of the SECP on Saturday.

“The U.S. government has requested that Pakistan should implement U.S. bilateral sanctions against Iran. These sanctions are non-binding and Pakistan is not under any obligation to comply. However, non-compliance of the sanctions by doing business with banned Iranian companies may have a negative implication,” the letter said.

The SECP has sent this letter to Overseas Investors Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OICCI) a letter from ministry of foreign affairs for dissemination to member companies.

The companies working under the umbrella of OICCI are requested to take necessary action, it added. A ministry of foreign affair’s letter says, “The U.S. government has requested that Pakistan should implement U.S. bilateral sanction against Iran. The U.S. embassy has also shared a non-paper, which is enclosed for reference as well.”

The foreign affairs’ letter further said, “These sanctions are non-binding and Pakistan is not under any obligation to comply. However, our business entities may have to face the opportunity cost for doing businesses with banned Iranian companies, as in such case, they may find it difficult to do business with any U.S. company.” This is only for information and may be disseminated to all stakeholders within SECP jurisdiction, the letter concludes.

Hey, Obama !

sign-l.gif

We made the mistake of towing your line once ! Hopefully never again !

Why should Pakistan assist in implementing sanctions on Iran? We are not india and secondly Iran is a friendly neighbor of Pakistan, i take it as our obligation to strengthen our trade and cultural relations with the Iranians.

Why should Pakistan assist in implementing sanctions on Iran? We are not india and secondly Iran is a friendly neighbor of Pakistan, i take it as our obligation to strengthen our trade and cultural relations with the Iranians.
refrain from bringing India in here. Pakistan took the right decision hopefully you will stick to it.

india again.... why you guys bring india in btn....

lets not bring india here

i would say it is right time for Pakistan and Iran to move forward and get more closer then ever

Okay very good.....Interestingly looks like Pakistan got b@llz from somewhere.........:coffee:

lol u guys cant live without us...its us who have shown you the way..ur govt is firing from our shoulder...pathetic hopeless case.

well iran is our neighbour so why the hell should we implement sanctions on them and make bad relations for a country that treats friends worse then stray dogs....anyway we say iran is innocent and has every right to have nuclear power. if india and pakistan and israel can do it why not them what makes iran so different. great decision by pakistan and i hope none in region whether india china or pakistan would implement them. the more west has less influence in this place the better

lol u guys cant live without us...its us who have shown you the way..ur govt is firing from our shoulder...pathetic hopeless case.

stop trolling pal you r not exactly our best friend that we will take ur help yes china,s could be but never india,s this statement is the height of delusions.....and its offtopic

Okay very good.....Interestingly looks like Pakistan got b@llz from somewhere.........

i am shocked to see ppp doing this. but still thats good

Why should PAK or any country for that matter implement bilateral US sanctions on Iran. This is a retarded demand from
the US, not that all the other US demands are not retarded. PAK did the right thing by turning down this lunatic country.

Why should PAK or any country for that matter implement bilateral US sanctions on Iran. This is a retarded demand from
the US, not that all the other US demands are not retarded. PAK did the right thing by turning down this lunatic country.

dude us thinks it rules the world and the world should follow whatever it says. we did the right thing and hope we will keep doing it when will the damn pipeline be completed so that it can really burn usa

Back
Top Bottom