What's new

Pakistan demands apology over drone strike

Meanwhile, President Asif Ali Zardari who is also the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of Pakistan has no plans to say a word over this crucial issue when he addresses the joint sitting of the Parliament today.

Sources still hoped that the President may include the issue ahead of his address, but so far his speech does not include any reference to the drone strikes in a glaring breach of Pak’s sovereignty and independence.

What a fraud !!
Morally speaking, he is not supposed to be aligned with any party since he is the President. Yet he makes attacks on so many institutions if he believes that his reign is in jeopardy and suddenly the "anti-Democracy" drums are sounded.

I am tired of hearing this man speak nonsense about insignificant things and how he sacrificed so much and all his meaningless accomplishments, yet when the time comes for the President to take a firm stand, to speak up and unite the nation, we find him red-faced and silent.

Have some shame !!

@ Vassnti

Look man if the pplz of that area dont want US/NATO to be there, they shold not be there...or if they forcefully capture their land then...they r in big trouble...Nobody got the right to kill anybody as for as humans if they like NATO or dont like them...:agree:
everybody got freewill and nobody is allowed to impose their wills on the others if they dont want it ..this is against human values...period...:police:
There r no terrorists in those areas they r simple practising Muslims...:cry:
The US & NATO should stop their own created terrorist camps in Afghanistan and our tribal areas from where they send militants to Russian states, China , Pakistan and around the world...whereever they think they r politically weak....
they shold stop this F*cking terrorism game otherwise the curse of God Allah SBWT is more powerful to destroy this evil US/NATO zionists within no time and they will not even get chance to cry over their own spilt milk...:woot: :cheesy:

When such moves failed than why so much hooplah about it? We need to focus on present and future. Past should be treated like Past.

As per international sources, a PAF strike inside Afghan territory led to increase in hostilities between Pakistan and Afghanistan. How conveniently you forgot to cite this example? Double standards?
Because you asked the question 'When did Afghanistan invade us in the past?' Why ask a question about the past then? Or did you think I would be uninformed enough to let it slide without challenge?

And an air strike against rebels in a village across the border does not equate support for terrorists/insurgents in another country, nor does it justify the reaction from the Afghans of not recognizing Pakistan's sovereignty and abiding by the Durand Agreement signed by their leadership. In fact, if you are to criticize a single strike by the PAF against rebels in a village across the Durand, then you certainly have no business justifying multiple strikes by NATO forces on Pakistani territory.

And the past ties into the present. The Afghans have sheltered the Baluch insurgents going back to the first Baluch insurgency led by the Khan of Kalat's brother, and they continue to shelter insurgents and terrorists as is evident by their sheltering of Brahamdegh Bugit with full knowledge of the US.

And why not? If our enemies from the other side of border are not willing to respect Durand Agreement, we should adopt additional security measures.

Fencing it will help in monitoring of cross-border activities and combating drug trafficking.
1. Given the terrain and length of the border (and Pakistan's resource crunch) fencing is unfeasible.
2. The Afghan government has refused to accept fencing or mining of the border, and would likely attack and damage any fencing that Pakistan did put up unilaterally. The GoA even rejected the idea of Bio-metric ID's being issued to tribes on the Pakistani side at one point, indicating that it would not recognize them.

And you are simply arguing for the sake or arguing here - your earlier question about what the Pashtun thought about fencing was in fact set up to point out the fact that the Pashtun tribes on either side did not want fencing of the border, and when you realized that I did not consider fencing a major issue, you disingenuously shifted to an argument over 'fencing the border'. But as I said in my last post - Afghan acknowledgement of Pakistani sovereignty is the issue here, not unilateral fencing by Pakistan.
See above.
You did not answer my question regarding Afghan acceptance of Pakistani sovereignty above, you chose to digress into another argument over fencing.

And we are not helping Afghan people with our intervention. We supported Taliban against Northern Alliance. The present government contains elements of that Alliance. They are now venting out their anger by reciprocating?

See? It is easy to blame others for all the ill things.

Continue to meddle and see its results now.
The Afghans's were meddling in Pakistan's affairs by supporting Baluch and Tribal insurgents/terrorists and carrying out terrorist attacks in Pakistani cities long before Pakistan supported either the Mujahideen or the Taliban. And I am afraid that I fail to see what you suggest should have happened as an alternative to Pakistan's intervention in Afghanistan during their civil war, given the extraordinarily negative impact of that war on Pakistan. In fact, the current presence of the Northern Alliance in the government is precisely because the US is MEDDLING in Afghanistan. So why criticize Pakistani 'meddling' alone?

And on the subject of 'meddling', would you then also agree, applying the logic used against Pakistan above, that it is 'US meddling' in the Middle East and elsewhere that is the cause of the terrorism they face?

Or better strategic ambitions, which do not have long term after-effects on both sides?
I am not sure that is entirely accurate - the Indians continue to support terrorist proxies in Pakistan, and they have obviously done so in the past in Junagadh, East Pakistan, Baluchistan and Sri Lanka. The Chines could be argued to have supported their own violent proxies in Vietnam and elsewhere. Those two states are not as 'clean' as you would like to make them out to be either.

You don't dictate your terms to the sole superpower, when it is threatening to attack. Common sense.
That is a deflection of the question - the point being made is that the Taliban made a reasonable proposal to have AQ brought to trial, which negates your and the US argument in support of the US invasion. I abhor the idea of 'might is right', regardless of what reality dictates, such a position cannot be supported on principles.

Pakistan will not be threatened by Afghanistan if we would stop meddling in its affairs in the manner we did. Maybe! You have no clue about sheer level of resentment in Afghanistan against Pakistani people yet?
I do have an idea of the level of resentment, but Pakistan is not the country that chose to argue against the membership to the UN of a state created in 1947. Pakistan is not the one that sheltered Baluch insurgents repeatedly. Pakistan is not the one that launched invasions of Pakistani tribal territory and chose to try and spark separatist movements in that territory.

For the sheer amount of treachery Afghanistan has displayed against Pakistan, the Afghans have no business complaining about Pakistani intervention in Afghanistan after all of the above had taken place.

I understand that a stable and non-hostile Afghanistan is in our interests. We should adopt a strategy which ensures this goal. By supporting certain extremist outfits in Afghanistan, we are not doing that nation a justice.
We are looking at a comprehensive solution to the issue as pointed out earlier. The Taliban are just one piece of that.
Musharraf's policies against Bugti contributed to this menance. Balochi strongly resent this man.
Please do not justify terrorism. What Bugti was doing to his own people (thousands expelled for challenging him, private jails, poverty and illiteracy in his own areas despite getting billions in royalties) is well known. That he chose to resort to terrorism against the state by use of violence against State infrastructure and personnel in the aftermath of a particular incident is also known. For someone showing such 'outrage' at Pakistani support for 'extremists in Afghanistan' you certainly are quite hypocritical in trying to justify terrorists in Pakistan and the sheltering of those terrorists in Afghanistan. But this appears to be a peculiar trait amongst Pakistani liberal commentators - how can we distort things to always blame Pakistan.

As I have said before, we need to put our own house in order first. Injustices to people will lead to these kinds of upheavels.
Offer the same advice to the Afghans then. 'Injustices lead to the kind of upheavals such as that of the Taliban'. If the Afghans are not responsible for sheltering Baluch terrorists, then neither is Pakistan responsible for any Taliban that might be on its soil.

Why the double standards?

And the history before that? Why we always try to look at just one side of the coin?
Afghan history of intervention in Pakistan has already been detailed. But coming back to the present, why should Pakistan trust the US and Afghanistan when they are sheltering both Baluch and Taliban terrorists?

Pakistan is in dire need of a strong foreign representation. I stated this several times. Through a strong foreign representation, we can exert our influence in these kinds of affairs.

It is the job of Pakistani admininstration to convince Karzai to hand over those wanted elements to us.
Errr... it is the job of the Americans and Afghans to 'convince Pakistan' to hand over wanted elements to them' - should stick to negotiations rather than drones then eh?

Do keep in mind the 'not yet revealed' 'Plan B' and 'Plan C' of US in response.
Why? Are you not confident that ISAF will stick around till the job is done? What will plan B an plan C of the US be? Destabilize the region even more?The way I look at it, if the US realizes that it may have to step back in again if it leaves things unfinished and Afghanistan falls apart again, it might actually stay more engaged with the country to avoid precisely that.
By covertly supporting Afghan groups, which are anti-ISAF and anti-Karzai? Good strategy it is. And then we complain about Drone attacks on our soil.
The Afghans and Americans are supporting/sheltering groups that are anti-Pakistan. Is that a 'good strategy'?
We can't have it both ways, brother.
Exactly - some of that for the Yanks and Afghans too brother.
The mess we find ourselves in is due to our COLD WAR era policies. When you become a party to US games; you suffer.

We have yet to learn our lesson. The blatant attempts to defend or overshadow wrong doings of Pakistani military establish (like you are doing here) will lead to more resentment among Pakistani civilians, who are suffering because of such policies. At maximum, military establishment and its supporters should try to admit their mistakes and come clean on present ground realities.

China and India are smarter nations. They have learned valuable lessons from their PAST experiences and are now making good progress. In the coming years, the world will listen to them.
What wrong doings have I defended? If your reference is to the drone attacks, then I have posted Zardari's quotes clearly illustrating that he and the PPP completely supports the drone attacks and are willing to lie to the Pakistani public about it. Since 2008 at least, the responsibility of drone attacks lies on the PPP.

If your reference is to the NW Taliban groups - I in fact agree that they should be dismantled.

What a fraud !!
Morally speaking, he is not supposed to be aligned with any party since he is the President. Yet he makes attacks on so many institutions if he believes that his reign is in jeopardy and suddenly the "anti-Democracy" drums are sounded.

I am tired of hearing this man speak nonsense about insignificant things and how he sacrificed so much and all his meaningless accomplishments, yet when the time comes for the President to take a firm stand, to speak up and unite the nation, we find him red-faced and silent.

Have some shame !!
Many of those bashing the Army now are simply trying to hide the sins and failings of the PPP government. As I pointed out, his statement on drone attacks in Wikileaks clearly shows he supports them.

Musharraf is gone, stop blaming the Army for a policy that the elected civilian government of the PPP supports wholeheartedly people. Vote them out if you want things to change.

US in no mood to tender apology

ISLAMABAD - Washington is showing cold response to Islamabad’s efforts seeking an apology from the US over the last week’s drone attack targeting a tribal peace congregation in North Waziristan Agency that had left at least 41 innocent people killed.

Well-placed sources informed The Nation on Monday neither the US ambassador to Pakistan Camron Munter had honoured his pledge to leave for Washington to deliver Islamabad’s note of protest, nor does the State Department seem prepared to tender apology.

This has been after Ambassador Munter’s summoned meeting with Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir held in the Foreign Office. The Foreign Office spokesperson Tehmina Janjua had on record informed this scribe that the US envoy was to leave Pakistan for Washington on Saturday last despite the US Embassy’s claim that the ambassador was in Pakistan.

The powerful US ambassador has not yet left Pakistan, which further gave credence to the doubts that US is adamant to tender apology over the issue.
The Foreign Office spokesperson had no explanation when asked about the prospect of US seeking apology, except saying: “ We have made a strong demarche. Our concerns have been clearly and strongly conveyed. We shall continue to raise this matter with the US”.

Meanwhile, President Asif Ali Zardari who is also the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of Pakistan has no plans to say a word over this crucial issue when he addresses the joint sitting of the Parliament today.

Sources still hoped that the President may include the issue ahead of his address, but so far his speech does not include any reference to the drone strikes in a glaring breach of Pak’s sovereignty and independence.

US in no mood to tender apology | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Apology...???.......Shiiiiit...:lol:

We already know that bro...:coffee:
Its already Clearly written in Quran they they will never be ure friends...they will always be looking chance to kill and destroy u ...If we dont read Holy Quran and follows the guidance, advices and commands of Allah SBWT then think what gonna happen to us ...we will be targetted like flies and the Devil.."Shaitan" will laugh at us ...that we r such a damn fools and idiots.....what a misery for us right now ..
Im just waiting to see when US/NATO zionists will lauch missiles at our Parliament and GHQ ...:lol:
that will be my day to celebrate....cuz they r still trying to be friends with the evilz and paying no heed to the commands of Allah SBWT.... its already written in Quran that "no matter how non practicing/secular/Fasiq Muslim u could be they will even then come to kill u ..unless u turn clearly to their evil religion.."
Alhamdolillah Allah told us everything in advance...
So these missile strikes r warning for GHQ and Ghaddari too...
no matter how much traitor u become Insha-Allah ure death will be from these Zionists US/NATO...unless u repent and become true Muslims and loyals to the commands of Allah SBWT...
and the death of these zionists...US/NATO is with the curse of Allah SBWT...Masha-Allah...very accurately planned by Allah SBWT...Al;hamdolillah....:agree:
The zionists think that they r very smart will be safe in their deep under bunker cities in case of Nuclear war....they r gotten fooled by this f*ckng "SATAN" too ...they cant run away from the curse of Allah SBWT...they will be burried alive there too...and the SATAN will laugh his arss off...:lol::devil:...ummm

I guess that shold be enough for the evrybody to digest...:)

There r no terrorists in those areas they r simple practising Muslims...:cry:

Sorry but i am so sick of this b, just because some one says they are muslim they can do no evil wake up and smell the roses
there are good muslims that will kill you because you are Sunni
there are good muslims that will kill you because you are Shia
Muslims are people and some people are bastards that comit evil

If i say that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God, if i pray and give alms, if i fast and preform the Hajj that does not make me holy it does not make me a blessed saint, it does not make me innocent. I am still a man weak and capable of evil.

Did you pass a child begging today, did you help a widow, did you ignore the small evil that happened as you walked past while your eyes were lifted to the "great evil" of others?

while you preach of the great evil of the zionist/raw/US/new world order/illuminati conspiracy did you think that Allah cares more for those that care for a child in need than those that stand and shout?

Sorry but i am so sick of this bullshit, just because some one says they are muslim they can do no evil wake up and smell the roses
there are good muslims that will kill you because you are Sunni
there are good muslims that will kill you because you are Shia
Muslims are people and some people are bastards that comit evil

If i say that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God, if i pray and give alms, if i fast and preform the Hajj that does not make me holy it does not make me a blessed saint, it does not make me innocent. I am still a man weak and capable of evil.

Did you pass a child begging today, did you help a widow, did you ignore the small evil that happened as you walked past while your eyes were lifted to the "great evil" of others?

while you preach of the great evil of the zionist/raw/US/new world order/illuminati conspiracy did you think that Allah cares more for those that care for a child in need than those that stand and shout?

I agree Without becomming a good human you cannot become any thing.
I am Proud that I am First Human, Then a Muslim and Than a Pakistani and Then a Pashtun.
If I am not a good Human ,I cannot be a good muslim, what to talk abut becomming a good Pakistani or Pashtun

First of all, whether you agree or not with the policy of deploying the military to combat terrorists/militants/insurgents in FATA and elsewhere, the fact is that the State/Government has every right to deploy the military/Police/para military to enforce security. If you disagree with government policy, the proper means of addressing this is through peaceful protests and your vote. Benazir Bhutto was extremely clear in the run up to the 2008 elections that she would attack Taliban/Aq terrorists in FATA, and expand military operations there. She even called Musharraf's efforts weak and half hearted. She was murdered by the Taliban for that position, and Pakistanis still voted for her party. If Pakistanis do not like the policy of military operations to attack terrorists, then they need to vote for a party reflective of a similar position on the issue.

There is NO justification for suicide bombings targeting innocents who have nothing to do with the events in question - those carrying out such attacks are terrorists - whether they be Palestinians bombing Israeli cafe's, Iraqis bombing Shia markets, or the Taliban/AQ/LeJ bombing funerals, markets and other places in Pakistan.

I have pointed this out before - any more support or justification for terrorism and terrorists from you or anyone else then get ready to be shipped off.

i do not agree with deployment of military on American orders to protect american interests. The CIA installed government through NRO (pakistan army is responsible for this NRO) in no way represents the people of Pakistan and even a representative government has no right to sell the honor and dignity of it's people.

the peaceful protest by millions in europe/america didn't stopped terrorist America's Iraq invasion, so these peaceful protests are good on papers and has no worth on ground.

lol , yeah we are witnessing the change American's have brought thru vote ~ even americans are now tired of obama :cheesy:

importantly, Vote in present system has no worth. replacing one donkey with another might be a solution for some but the majority 70-80% Pakistanis, who don't vote don't see this useless tried & tested system of any worth.

Yes i'm with you, anyone supporting terrorism must be shipped off. American terrorists freely roam in our country, kill innocent tribals and yet we see support for these terrorists in this forum.

I fully support Palestinian intifada~ you see this as support for terrorism, you can ship me off big boy. i don't care but it looks like the big boys are short or can't counter arguments :smokin:

i do not agree with deployment of military on American orders to protect american interests. The CIA installed government through NRO (pakistan army is responsible for this NRO) in no way represents the people of Pakistan and even a representative government has no right to sell the honor and dignity of it's people.
Utter BS - there is nothing to support the contention that the CIA or NRO installed the current government. The media had been talking about the NRO for months, everyone knew that BB was coming back to Pakistan under the NRO, and Nawaz Sharif was brought back because of the Saudis. Pakistanis knew all of this and still voted for the same two parties and the same politicians that had disappointed them so many times in the past. The only people to blame her for the election of the current politicians are the Pakistanis themselves - those who voted and those who chose not to vote.

Accept responsibility for the choices made by the people of Pakistan instead of half-brained conspiracy theories in order to support terrorists and terrorism.

the peaceful protest by millions in europe/america didn't stopped terrorist America's Iraq invasion, so these peaceful protests are good on papers and has no worth on ground.
There were no major peaceful protests in the US over the Iraq invasion, and there were even fewer over the Afghan invasion. Both wars enjoyed the support of the majority of the American people and the American legislators at the time they were initiated by the American government.

lol , yeah we are witnessing the change American's have brought thru vote ~ even americans are now tired of obama :cheesy:
Well there are only two options - dictatorship and civilian rule through representative government (elections). If you do not support either of them then perhaps you should consider a species change operation and go live with apes in the jungle.

importantly, Vote in present system has no worth. replacing one donkey with another might be a solution for some but the majority 70-80% Pakistanis, who don't vote don't see this useless tried & tested system a complete failure.
And whose fault is that? I would say it is the fault of the 70-80% Pakistanis who do not vote and are too lazy to be politically active, form/support alternative political parties.
Yes i'm with you, anyone supporting terrorism must be shipped off. American terrorists freely roam in our country, kill innocent tribals and yet we see support for these terrorists in this forum.
Are most Pakistanis not arguing that the drone attacks should be stopped or conducted by Pakistan? Those who do support the drone attacks do so because they think that they primarily kill militants and terrorists, with few civilian casualties that are unavoidable because that is what happens in war. They are no supporting them (for the most part) because they deliberately want to kill civilians. The TTP/AQ on the other hand deliberately target civilians because that is a central tactic for their goal to gain control of a State - destabilize the State and government through violence and chaos, and when the State becomes too weak because the economy is destroyed and the institutions too weak, then the extremists can start to take over.
I fully support Palestinian intifada~ you see this as support for terrorism, you can ship me off big boy. i don't care but it looks like the big boys are short or can't counter arguments :smokin:
You are distorting my words - I did not say that the Palestinian Intifada was terrorism, I said that deliberate Palestinian attacks (or deliberate Israeli attacks) on civilians are terrorism.

Please distinguish between attacks on combatants and non-combatants.

I agree Without becomming a good human you cannot become any thing.
I am Proud that I am First Human, Then a Muslim and Than a Pakistani and Then a Pashtun.
If I am not a good Human ,I cannot be a good muslim, what to talk abut becomming a good Pakistani or Pashtun

Mr Human islam gives you all the knowledge to become good human you only need to follow it ..... if you cannt follow then you cannot be anything in your life ................. to become a good human you need to follow the given rule by your religion islam................

Democracy only works if the representatives understand that they are the 'Government', not the 'Hukumat'.

'Government' means to govern or manage something on behalf of someone else. Here, certain individuals get elected to take care of certain services and institutions. They are only representatives of the true rulers: the People of Pakistan, regardless of religion or ethnic background.

Unfortunately, the ruling elite only interprets the word 'Government' as tha 'Hukumat' which means 'to rule' (like a sultunate or a kingdom).

So technically they are our servants and not our kings. I still support democracy, but what can we see in this example of democracy placed in front of us. When questioned about the extraordinarily large number of Ministers, the PPP's only reply is that: "We're in a coalition government."

Well, if they need a coalition then why does an average Pakistan pay the price for the PPP to remain in power ??

People need to get out of this 'baray log' mentality. They are not going to do anything for us. The sooner we realize this, the better.

apology is not enough.They just don`t know how sad are those who lost their loved ones and family members.If one day they loose a family member like that then they will know what to ask

Article: 47 Removal or impeachment of President « The Constitution of Pakistan, 1973 Developed by Zain Sheikh

1[47. Removal 2[or impeachment] of President. –(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Constitution, the President may, in accordance with the provisions of this Article, be removed from office on the ground of physical or mental incapacity or impeached on a charge of violating the Constitution or gross misconduct.

I remember, in the first few days of his Presidency, these were the things that used to grab the headlines, given the condition and number of years he spent in jail.

where the heck is apology ...... i cannot see it anywhere ........ where is kiyani now ........ where is pasha now ....... and i think ambassador is still in pakistan he didn't leave for america ........... :P i cannot stop laughing ...... apology

Back
Top Bottom