What's new

Pakistan defence budget goes up by 10%

Defence up by 10%.. GDP up by 3%..

Frankly speaking,

say we have 210 Dollar economy

and then we previously had 4.2 dollar military budget (which is 2% of 210).

And if our economy increased by 3% it would be 216.3 from 2012 to 2013 fiscal year

If we increase 4.2 by 10% of 4.2 we will get 4.62

So all we did was add 0.42 cents into our military budget and we gained 6.3 dollars into our economy from 2011-2012 fiscal year

So all we did was take 6.3 - 0.42 = 5.88 so we still have 5.88 dollar increase in economy and can use on other stuff.

The education, health and future of pakistan don't get proper attention in the budget its sad, only a futile arms race that can't be win or sustained by pakistan.

Karachi/Sindh/Baluchistan is not getting is its due is long proven fact.

Why doesn't India think and act the same way, or are you fooling yourselves that you fare better !?

Actually up by neaandarrly 4%, but indians have comprehension problem, when it comes to us, our indian neighbors have slumdog mentality.

Not acceptable from a Senior Member, if someone has used in appropriate words you can tame him, But we expect higher standards from Senior Members

GDP growth rate is adjusted for inflation. 3% is real growth rate, not nominal rate.

While the 10% increase is nominal, not real because it hasn't been adjusted for inflation.

Thanks.. Valid point.. Missed that distinction..

KPIs indicate Indian economy is going to shrink in the next few years so difference between the two budget is likely to shrink in coming years.

Please share the source and the KPI's in question...

So the 10% increase means in $ Billions does they have? and do have a separate budget for Missiles and N-Weapons?

It is good seeing Pak Defence going up, Pak Defence needs to be very strong. Rest all is corruption & everything in this budget is useless & corrupt.

PPP & PML-N are pure drama & total fraud. If PML-N truly hates PPP that much then why the hell PML-N does not resign, it won’t happen because there is a deal between the 2 total corrupt parties, the deal is “I will rule Pakistan for 5 years & I will pay you half of what I loot & rob from Pakistan in return you don’t resign & then we will do the same next time, you get elected & I support you from the inside & from the outside we fight each other to fool the people”. This is the deal between the 2 full corrupt terrorist parties.

$16 billion every day will make it 5.84 trillion per annum.
Karachi is no longer the highest contributor to GDP it comes at second number after Lahore.
Assuming Lahore contributes only 1 rupee more than Karachi that would add another 5.84 trillion.
Tri-cities (Silakot, Gujranwala, and Gujrat) combined contribute the highest, assume tey contribute 1 rupee more than Lahore that would make another 5.84 trillion. Now forget all other cities like Faisalabad, Hyderabad, Peshawar, Questta still the total would become 17.52 trillion. Whereas Pakistans total GDP for 2012 is around 7.46 trilliion.

Either you have no idea how many zeros are there in a billion or this figure came from the head office of master of all trades, Altaf Hussain Tun.

There is nothing mythical about numbers, you can add them and see if they m,ake any sense, rather than believing every brain fart of some corrupt politician.

You gotta realize that what is made is spent at the very same time.

This is what I have been explaining in the other thread. Pakistan's defense budget will increase more than expected, especially post-2014. More spending on defense means less money for economic development. The same thing US did with USSR. I agree what happened to USSR will happen to Pakistan but it will seriously effect Pakistan's economy. Weakening the enemy nation by making them increase the defense budget is an important tactic in Economic Terrorism.

P.S. Only rational and non-emotional replies. Only discuss the ground reality and near future.

Pakistan education budget goes down by 25% and defence budget by 10%.

India edication budget goes up by 50% and defence by 17% in same year.

Loll Sorry but sometimes I can't resist trolling. Its sad to see that 25% of total Pakistani Parliamentary budget is taken away by govt. Then they open threads about how poor India is.

Indian rise is justified. With only 6 times the population the Indian economy(4.8trill$) in PPP is over 10 times Pakistan 488 bill. This is shamefull :tdown:

This is what I have been explaining in the other thread. Pakistan's defense budget will increase more than expected, especially post-2014. More spending on defense means less money for economic development. The same thing US did with USSR. I agree what happened to USSR will happen to Pakistan but it will seriously effect Pakistan's economy. Weakening the enemy nation by making them increase the defense budget is an important tactic in Economic Terrorism.

P.S. Only rational and non-emotional replies. Only discuss the ground reality and near future.

Thing is man Pakistan has a very tiny corporate sector. Even if it does it is completely bankrupt due to crisis. All Pakistani Psu are under heavy losses. Most sectors in Pakistan are closed for FDI or even if they are open come on who will invest there. Now increasing the defence willl further dry up Pakistani financial resources. Loll who will develop this nation. China for how long???

Increase in budget is due to pakistan rupees losing value its not because they want to buy more weapons chinese are going to pay pakistan to safe gaurd their investment in afghanistan and russia will assist and share their knowledge with pakistan in fighting terrorist .

Russia and china will never allow pakistan to be a fail state its very dangerouse for their security .

United States dollar (USD) and Pakistani rupee (PKR) Year 2012 Exchange Rate History and graphs and charts

Thing is man Pakistan has a very tiny corporate sector. Even if it does it is completely bankrupt due to crisis. All Pakistani Psu are under heavy losses. Most sectors in Pakistan are closed for FDI or even if they are open come on who will invest there. Now increasing the defence willl further dry up Pakistani financial resources. Loll who will develop this nation. China for how long???
Just other day or day before, there was a news that Japanese will invest. point is that FDI will come but way less than expected and needed for more economic growth. And considering post-2014, maintaining current economic conditions will be difficult too.

There is need of drastic change in stability and economic aspect of the regions for FDI. Another important point raised by the author is reason for this hike, to maintain parity with India. Problem is India's defense budget is increasing fast and to maintain this parity, there will be shortage of funds for other crucial projects and infrastructure development. We have already seen funding agencies dismissing loans and even saying Pakistan is not good for investment for a time being.

Increase in budget is due to pakistan rupees losing value its not because they want to buy more weapons chinese are going to pay pakistan to safe gaurd their investment in afghanistan and russia will assist and share their knowledge with pakistan in fighting terrorist .

Russia and china will never allow pakistan to be a fail state its very dangerouse for their security .

United States dollar (USD) and Pakistani rupee (PKR) Year 2012 Exchange Rate History and graphs and charts
Read the original article about keeping parity with India. Even India don't want anarchy and chaos in Pakistan. It wants controlled chaos to reduce Pakistan's economic growth and keeping them busy in their western region for a time being.

Don't you see no major incursions in India from their eastern part.

I agree that exchange rate matters too but other factors are as important as the one you mentioned.

Just other day or day before, there was a news that Japanese will invest. point is that FDI will come but way less than expected and needed for more economic growth. And considering post-2014, maintaining current economic conditions will be difficult too.

There is need of drastic change in stability and economic aspect of the regions for FDI. Another important point raised by the author is reason for this hike, to maintain parity with India. Problem is India's defense budget is increasing fast and to maintain this parity, there will be shortage of funds for other crucial projects and infrastructure development. We have already seen funding agencies dismissing loans and even saying Pakistan is not good for investment for a time being.

Fdi in Pakistan is a hoax, tell me one power project in Pakistan built by foreign investment. Companies run away from the name of Pakistan.

Now coming to parity with India. Dude India today is a designer and builder nation. We design and build our ships and integerate components on our own. None of our equipment is 100% desi but now a huge amount is integerated at home. As well as many subcomponents, avionics and radars are made in house. Pakistan only buys weapons, while India forms JVs and brings technology and production here. Every major defence corporation has a subsidary dedicated to Indian needs ready to follow all rules of GOI. Pakistan will eventually have to give up this race of cat and mouse. Moreover the corporate sector is so huge that in 10 yrs form now they will takeover the development of nation from the govt, just like America.

Pakistan is compromising its education for weapons calling for many more Malala like deaths.

Back
Top Bottom