What's new

Pakistan defence budget goes up by 10%

Look we're giving laptops to students, worry about your own country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not enough budget i think there should be allocated some money for J10, air defense and other major projects.

good going defence.... how much hike for Quality Education?

Look we're giving laptops to students, worry about your own country.

we are giving android tablets for our students :azn:

TN govt is giving laptop for free to every students!! :blink:

Defence up by 10%.. GDP up by 3%..

GDP growth rate is adjusted for inflation. 3% is real growth rate, not nominal rate.

While the 10% increase is nominal, not real because it hasn't been adjusted for inflation.
---------------------------------

By the way I am all for slashing defence budget by 75%. To hell with the men in uniform with their useless, expensive, big toys.

Pakistan can never match India until India shrinks down to a comparable size which is not going to happen. So all we want is a respectable budget which would allow Pakistan to acquire everything with enough numbers to make sure our response is unbearable for the attacking country. I would want our budget to be 1/4th or 1/5th of Indian budget but expecting more than that is unnecessary.

KPIs indicate Indian economy is going to shrink in the next few years so difference between the two budget is likely to shrink in coming years.

The education, health and future of pakistan don't get proper attention in the budget its sad, only a futile arms race that can't be win or sustained by pakistan.

Karachi/Sindh/Baluchistan is not getting is its due is long proven fact.

a myth

Even in the recent NFC award Punjab gave away its share of 11 billion

OMG...such a serious discussion on Pakistan budget by Indian friends???:azn:

Add to this figure of atleast 1Bn USD more Pakistan Army has Fauji Foundation, Real estate, Opium Trade, Arms trade as other means to add to their Defence Budget.

Come on man. I thought you were better than this. Opium trade? Puh-lease.

For a hint, http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-army/149283-pak-armed-forces-non-military-projects.html, read this thread in detail, and treat yourself to some knowledge.

Xeric did an excellent job putting this thread up.

For some reason, I am not able to find the budget allocated for Education and Health

Can somebody help???

For some reason, I am not able to find the budget allocated for Education and Health

Can somebody help???
Health is devolved, but still gets Rs22b
17864181be8c47c6b7b3481.png

Budget in Brief

P.S: Not sure why the newspaper is reporting it as 22 billion.

Back
Top Bottom