What's new

Pakistan decides to ban JUD and Haqqani Group.

To be precise, The actual ban is on the name of the organisation, ie : " Jamaat Ud Dawa"......

When LET was banned, it camouflaged under new name JuD. Now please predict the new name of JuD which will be headed again by Hafiz Saeed and will again be engaged in "Social Work"
:hitwall:

Revealed: Govt decides to ban Haqqani Network, JuD

By
Zahid Gishkori
Published: January 15, 2015

View attachment 184047

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has decided to ban the Haqqani Network, Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) and 10 more organisations in a move described by security analysts as a ‘paradigm shift’ in the country’s security policy. Confirming the development, senior officials told The Express Tribune that a formal announcement to this effect would be made in ‘coming days’.

The decision came a day after the US State Department declared the fugitive chief of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan Mullah Fazlullah as a ‘Specially Designated Global Terrorist’. Mullah Fazlullah had claimed responsibility for the December 16 bloody massacre of schoolchildren in Peshawar.

158.jpg

The methodical killings of the schoolchildren prompted an overhaul of the country’s policy to counter the menace of terrorism. Government and opposition parties approved a wide-ranging National Action Plan against terrorism which, inter alia, envisages establishment of military courts to expedite trials of terror suspects.

The Haqqani Network was designated as a terrorist organisation by the United States in September 2012. Subsequently, the UN Security Council’s Taliban sanctions committee also added the group to a UN blacklist.

The network, founded by Afghan warlord Jalaluddin Haqqani, has been blamed for some of the most spectacular attacks on US-led foreign forces in Afghanistan. The network was believed to be using North Waziristan as a springboard for launching such attacks until the Pakistani military launched Operation Zarb-e-Azb in mid-June, last year.

167.jpg

Security analysts say that banning the JuD is also a significant development as India, as well as the US, have long considered the charity run by Hafiz Muhammad Saeed as a front for the Lashkar-e-Taiba militant outfit which has been blamed by New Delhi for masterminding the 2008 terrorist attacks on landmarks in Mumbai.

“It’s our first step towards execution of the National Action Plan. The nation will see more positive steps towards dismantling militant groups. Both civilian and military leadership decided to ban the Haqqani Network and Jamaat-ud-Dawa,” a senior intelligence official confirmed to The Express Tribune on Wednesday.

The decision will certainly be welcomed by Washington and Kabul as well as New Delhi, analysts believe.

Pakistan banned 12 new organisations days before US Secretary of State John Kerry visited Pakistan this week, officials at the interior ministry revealed. With this latest addition, they explained, the number of proscribed outfits in Pakistan has reached 72.

Around 23 banned organisations were functioning with different names — like Jaish-e-Muhammad was operating as Khuddam-e-Islam or Al Rahmat Trust, they stated.

According to the list – a copy of which is available with The Express Tribune – the government banned Harkat-ul-Jihad Islami, the organisation which is accused of conducting terrorist attacks in Pakistan and India. Its operational commander, Ilyas Kashmiri, was killed in a US drone strike in South Waziristan in 2011.

The list also features Harkat-ul-Mujahidin, the group accused of operating in disputed Kashmir state. Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation, a welfare wing of the JuD, has also been banned. The government has also outlawed right-wing organisation Ummah Tameer-e-Nau, which is accused of supplying sensitive information to militants.

Similarly, the government has also banned Haji Khairullah Hajji Sattar Money Exchange, Rahat Limited and Roshan Money Exchange which were placed under sanctions by the UN Security Council and the United States in 2012 as according to them both were being used by Taliban commanders to fund operations in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Al Akhtar Trust and Al Rashid Trust have also been banned for working with al Qaeda and Jaish-e-Muhammad and facilitating activities of both groups.

Former interior secretary Tasneem Noorani described the development as a significant move toward the execution of National Action Plan against terrorism. “This move shows that the government is serious to dismantle terror groups in the country,” he said. “The ban on Haqqani Network means distinction of good and bad Taliban no longer exists in Pakistan,” he told The Express Tribune.

JuD Islamabad chapter’s spokesperson Asif Khursheed said: “Jamaat-ud-Dawa is a purely welfare and charity organisation and has never been involved in bad motives. Even, the Supreme Court of Pakistan has justified our stance in the past,” he claimed. He, however, revealed that last week the “home department sent us a letter informing us that the Jamaat is being kept on the watch-list with some two dozen other organisations”.

The executive director of the Pakistan Institute for Peace Studies, Amir Rana, also called it a ‘significant move’. “This shows the civilian and military leadership are serious to choke militants operating from Pakistan’s territory,” he told The Express Tribune.

Banning an organisation means freezing its assets, blocking funding sources and monitoring them properly, he said. In the next move, the offices, infrastructures and networks of the proscribed groups will be banned, he added. Though there is no specific mechanism of banning any organisation, the government can review its policy towards banned outfits if they change their behaviour.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 15th, 2015.

Revealed: Govt decides to ban Haqqani Network, JuD – The Express Tribune

bye bye Hafiz Saeed!

jeeye pakistan!

Good, now take some action against Burqa Auntie and arrest Hamid gul the godfather of terrorism in Pakistan. We really wont get this amount of public support again. It's time we take advantage of it and take action against ALL these people without distinction.

I hope they're sincere this time around.
Arrest all their members and lock em up.
I've said this many a times but good relations with India is only going to be beneficial for us.
But in return India should stop funding troubles in Pakistan.
Can't have cordial relations while treating the other as inferior.
Just not a fair game.

I've said this many a times but good relations with India is only going to be beneficial for us.
Just not a fair game.
See, this is why there's such continual degradation in Pakistan. These jihadi nuts are funded by religious fanatics within and the gulf. And they run the drug trade too. They are trained and encouraged by ISi. Instead of admitting that you divert attn to India - same tactic used by you army when they want to sneak their jihadi team into India. In the process all you have done is enable the terror groups!

See, this is why there's such continual degradation in Pakistan. These jihadi nuts are funded by religious fanatics within and the gulf. And they run the drug trade too. They are trained and encouraged by ISi. Instead of admitting that you divert attn to India - same tactic used by you army when they want to sneak their jihadi team into India. In the process all you have done is enable the terror groups!
Ok yes I do agree we trained them.
But times are changing, m8.
Our military has finally realised that a stable and prosperous Pakistan was/is/will be the only way to beat India and also get more monnay for better military at the same time.
This time around I feel we're finally ridding ourselves of this Jihadist strategic asset bullshit for good.
Just see what the govt's been doing.
We've even banned the JuD so now it'll be easier for India to catch them.
Still not happy?

Ok yes I do agree we trained them.
But times are changing, m8.
Our military has finally realised that a stable and prosperous Pakistan was/is/will be the only way to beat India and also get more monnay for better military at the same time.
This time around I feel we're finally ridding ourselves of this Jihadist strategic asset bullshit for good.
Just see what the govt's been doing.
We've even banned the JuD so now it'll be easier for India to catch them.
Still not happy?

we have heard all this and such motions before from Pakistan whenever they get into bind. For example Musharraf and company said all this when things got tough in 2001. Putting a few nuts into jail simply brings in others. We have not heard even in chatter anything about containing the radical side of Isi .

But I do agree that there is more positive noise coming out after the Peshawar massacre Than others. Let's hope cynics like me are proven wrong this time.

Btw sorry if I hurt your feelings inadvertently.

Just not a fair game.

1st we seek peace too & if PK takes steps against anti-India we will do the same(If they Exist at all)
2nd we treat PK as a partner & not some inferior creature like you mentioned

Just not a fair game.
well not a fan of Musharraf , but I have to give it to him , gen . Musharraf was perhaps the only ruler , who took some action against militant groups from Taliban to LET

Just not a fair game.
which indian leader even BJP mention Pakistan as inferior?

Indian govt should address the Pakistani concern if they are indeed genuine,but it doesn't make any sense that why would India support TTP to attack civilians when they can be used to assassinate sworn enemy of India like Hafiz Saeed??

Which Hindu extremist organization is sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan?
u r such a cute little kid... its ur diaper-change time and ur sitting here.. go get ur diaper changed..
btw India is involved in terrorism and its Hindu organizations that r extremist. I hope u haven't forgotten gujrat, u shud check what ur army officials and politicians say. There r videos of available on youtube. they say it openly and proudly.
'Proof of India's involvement in terrorism conveyed to US'

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom