What's new

Pakistan Debt to Rise to $74 billion by 2014

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Startling report paints a massive picture of crippling debt that will rise after the massive floods in a already struggling economy.

$70 billion plus in 3 years time

Pakistan flood waters recede but country's debt rises - CSMonitor.com

Just to put into prespective

Pakistan current total GDP less than $175 billion
Current forex $16 billion
Current military budget $7.5 billion.
Annual Health budget $3 billion.

THAT DEBT IS ENORMOUS.

The IMF will need to reschedulr their $11 billion deby because the loan paynments will not be payable after the massive rebuild bill flolowing floods estimated at $20 billion +

A bit off topic but i was just wondering. We have 180 million people, say for example a human kidney was worth 1000$ US, if 180 million people donated 1 kidney for their country that would give us an astounding: $180,000,000,000.

Ask not what your country can do for you, but rather what you can do for your country. :P

A bit off topic but i was just wondering. We have 180 million people, say for example a human kidney was worth 1000$ US, if 180 million people donated 1 kidney for their country that would give us an astounding: $180,000,000,000.

Ask not what your country can do for you, but rather what you can do for your country. :P

wah ji wah only kidney, we start selling more body parts we can get more money. Pretty pathetic approach though.

Deduct 10% commission from this . ;)

Well, then the health budget will go to $300 billion if that happens, So it makes a poor economic sense.

Apart from jokes .. is there any discussion in parliament in Pakistan to address this issue ?

those kidneys would be donated to zardari and other zardaris to come!!

ENFORCED tax collection rate of at least 20% would make a huge difference

too bad theres no financial accountability at all; this administration is beyond corrupt and is bankrupting a country that could easily be much more economically prosperous

only discussion is aaj khairaat main kia kia mila!!

At lest governor of central bank and some prominent business men should discuss about this. Default on external payment or even difficulties in payment brings huge negative publicity to nation as whole and make negative impact on FDI.

In all honesty Pakistans had a real bad tome of late.

The Earth quake First
This massive Flood
Bhutto assasination
WOT and the Taliban on the northern borders

i,m surprised the country is stil in tact and functioning both politically but especially financially.

I,m sure the USA grant aid will have helped

ENFORCED tax collection rate of at least 20% would make a huge difference

too bad theres no financial accountability at all; this administration is beyond corrupt and is bankrupting a country that could easily be much more economically prosperous

Remove feudalism, cut military budget by half at least and crack on punjabi taliban. Then you will see pakistan a develop country as that famously predicted 2025 date.

Remove feudalism, cut military budget by half at least and crack on punjabi taliban. Then you will see pakistan a develop country as that famously predicted 2025 date.

Can't cut the military budget now because of the security threats, internal and external.

In any case, arguments about the military budget being the primary massive drain on Pakistan's resources are somewhat disingenuous given that the top three loss making State corporations (PIA, PS etc.) alone cost Pakistan (in annual losses) about the same amount as the entire defence budget.

There is no strategic or security necessity to maintain the status quo with these loss making entities, as there is with the defence budget, so that would ideally be the place to start.

Back
Top Bottom