What's new

Pakistan converting temporary Mujahid Battalions into permanent with its new three-phased training p

Yes. It's often confused as a different Force just because it has "Force" along. It's just another Infantry Regiment like Frontier Force Regiment.
Never saw anyone from Mujahid Regiment when they were given the status of full Army regiment?

My uncle served in Mujahid force decades, doesn't talk much about it though, he lost his friend on the Indian border. I always thought they were sort of a paramilitary force?

Never saw anyone from Mujahid Regiment when they were given the status of full Army regiment?

They were always a Regiment since the beginning. They were mainly "Infantry Training Battalion", an Infantry regiment who also trained other Infantry NCOs. MBT Officers aren't seen much due to the reason that most of their deployments are stationed at LOC and Sindh Border near Badin and Chourr Cantonment.

My uncle served in Mujahid force decades, doesn't talk much about it though, he lost his friend on the Indian border. I always thought they were sort of a paramilitary force?

Nop they're not Paramilitary. They're so-called Reserve Army. But do not act like reservists in real. In other Reserve Armies, they're rarely seen in service. They're just like citizens living with weapon training, only called upon War. MF Battalion did not work like that. They'd only deactivate an officer for 2 years where hes free to run his own business or employment and he'll be back for 3-4 years. The cycle continues. Meanwhile NCOs and JCOs aren't deactivated at all. It's not how a reserve army works actually.

Bajwa had been commander 10 Corps so he knows the requirements of this particular area. The kind of things he could not get approved from COAS during his 10 Corps command days as every Chief has his own priorities derived form his vision. Now that he is at the helm of affairs himself he is working on this particular area which is also need of the hour. We cannot convert Army into a specialized unconventional-only force when we have a hostile eastern front requiring more conventional focus. So, overall good thoughtful developments

Can Mujahid force officers get promotion beyond Major?

Mujahid force units are stationed all along our loc/border with India in Azad Jammu and Kashmir n not any where along our working boundary......
The last time I checked their was no desert in AJK.

Unless MBs dont guard IB along Southern Panjab or Sindh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Mujahid force officers get promotion beyond Major?
up to Col rank butt in limited numbers

The basic training and recruitment done in Chamb or Bhimber. Minimum qualification to apply as officer was previously intermediate.

The typical yellow journalist in the Indian media could not help but insert China into an unrelated news. Iss fuzool bharti shaks ko itni bhi ghairat aur ghoroor se fursat nahin ke sirf yeh kehna ke Pakistan ne khud apne bunker mazboot karliye hain tu inki ana doob marey gi.. laanat ho.
Kal jahil banyain bolain gay tank k driver bhi chines hain. .. there rona dhona makes us pakistanis always proud, how well we are damaging there ghairat . lol

Nop they're not Paramilitary. They're so-called Reserve Army. But do not act like reservists in real. In other Reserve Armies, they're rarely seen in service. They're just like citizens living with weapon training, only called upon War. MF Battalion did not work like that. They'd only deactivate an officer for 2 years where hes free to run his own business or employment and he'll be back for 3-4 years. The cycle continues. Meanwhile NCOs and JCOs aren't deactivated at all. It's not how a reserve army works actually.

Thanks for the explanation bro. I was confused about their role, I used to assume they were not proper part of military but a paramilitary/irregular force.

Thanks for the explanation bro. I was confused about their role, I used to assume they were not proper part of military but a paramilitary/irregular force.

Nop they're part of Military and GHQ. There is a MF Regimental Commandant, a Lt Gen just the way every Regiment has one including Punjab Regt, FF Regt, Sindh Regt etc.. Although this Regiment had slight less pay than the others. If a Sindh Regt Captain would get payed 50k a month, MF Regt Captain's pay would be 45k. All the perks are same except medical. MF Officers can't get their "parents" treated on the medical card. It's only for self and first family which was kinda discrimination. Since all MF units are being converted into SAM Battalions. So all the differences are ended.

What is the strength of mujahid Force regiment? Also if MF Regiment is part of regular army then does 550000 includes MF regiment too?

Yes. It's often confused as a different Force just because it has "Force" along. It's just another Infantry Regiment like Frontier Force Regiment.

And this Mujahid Regiment (Mujahid Force) along with Jaanbaz Force part of 6,20,000 active army and not part of 5,00,000 reserve force?

Why are the 2 pilots in pic with them. Shouldn't they be in their cockpit,ready to take off at moments notice?And one of is carrying some kind of bag.

Why are the 2 pilots in pic with them. Shouldn't they be in their cockpit,ready to take off at moments notice?And one of is carrying some kind of bag.
They are from military aviation and accompany officer who flies with them.

Back
Top Bottom