What's new

Pakistan converting temporary Mujahid Battalions into permanent with its new three-phased training p

They are from military aviation and accompany officer who flies with them.

But they should be with the aircraft.

I have seen other pics where the pilots are with the commander/passenger.
Whats the logic of this?

The logical thing should be the pilots staying with aircraft so that they can look after aircraft and take off at moments notice.

But they should be with the aircraft.

I have seen other pics where the pilots are with the commander/passenger.
Whats the logic of this?

The logical thing should be the pilots staying with aircraft so that they can look after aircraft and take off at moments notice.
Sometime they also need site seeing may be wants to see loc.

In the 1990’s I came across a gentleman who was Mujahid force officer on a flight from Lahore to Islamabad. I gained the impression that Mujahid Force was a force of volunteers established during Ayub Khan’s time on the lines of the British Territorials / US National Guards.

They were equipped as the normal light infantry units of the regular army but not as well trained. Suppose the things have changed by now.

And this Mujahid Regiment (Mujahid Force) along with Jaanbaz Force part of 6,20,000 active army and not part of 5,00,000 reserve force?

Janbaz Force is nothing but Crap. That's not an Regiment but National Guard attached to Army. They've different Uniforms and Roles. Light AD.

NCC should be brought back do not understand why such a national program got stopped

SAM Battalions

What is SAM Battalions ? What is the abbreviation of SAM ?

Janbaz Force is nothing but Crap. That's not an Regiment but National Guard attached to Army. They've different Uniforms and Roles. Light AD.

My father have served in Janbaaz force and he was called during 2002 & 2008 their main role was AD.

one year to six month training must for student who pass highschool. NCC was a good program.
I dont think it did much to train people because of the way it was conducted. I did the training in the late 70s and have to say I did not gain much from it. In order to make it a successful venture the national training should be fully under the control of the army with students being inducted into the army for its normal(relatively) training routines for 2-3 yrs. This would need a lot of resources and manpower . At the end I dont think the PA will agree to do such a programme due to fiscal and manpower commitments of an already stretched army.
A

And this Mujahid Regiment (Mujahid Force) along with Jaanbaz Force part of 6,20,000 active army and not part of 5,00,000 reserve force?

500k reserved force included MF Regiment but as I said, we need to mention it as reserved due to military watch upon us. We can be sanctioned if we increase our strength suddenly. MF's rough strength is around 80k which is huge as being an Infantry unit. Other reserved stuff includes Paramilitary Rangers, FC, Janbaz Force Cost Guard etc. Idk why they're also counted as reserved.

Can Mujahid force officers get promotion beyond Major?

Not more than a Major previously, now they can be Col.

what are these?

Surface to Air Missile Battalion.

I dont think it did much to train people because of the way it was conducted. I did the training in the late 70s and have to say I did not gain much from it. In order to make it a successful venture the national training should be fully under the control of the army with students being inducted into the army for its normal(relatively) training routines for 2-3 yrs. This would need a lot of resources and manpower . At the end I dont think the PA will agree to do such a programme due to fiscal and manpower commitments of an already stretched army.
i am not sure what you mean by gaining from NCC training but it helped me alot i have done it in 90s, yes it requires alot of manpower and resources but you also producing people who will help you in war time plus knowledge of handling ammo, decipline which student learn.

Back
Top Bottom