What's new

Pakistan considers Chinese attack helicopters on back of stalled AH-1Z, T129 deal

Time for Pakistani Authorities to wake up from their deep sleep

Year 2005-2006: we will get Super Cobra from USA
Year 2006-2007: We will get F16 C/D and Super Cobra we are so lucky
Year 2008: Why bother with Z-10 ? We have our 1970 Cobra , We getting Super Cobra
Year 2009: We have been promised access to Super Cobra we don't need to buy Helicopters
Year 2010: Get South African Helicopter with the partnership ? No we are getting Super Cobras
Year 2012: Why bother, in 2014 Super cobras will be retired and we will get them for discount
Year 2014: Well we will start discussion on attaining the Super cobras
Year 2015-2017: No let's not get Z-10 we are getting Super Cobra
Year 2018: What if we return the 4 gifted Z-10 maybe it will expedite the Super Cobra
Year 2019: Well they were supposed to deliver the Super Cobras but delay exist
Year 2020: GOT NOTHING no Super Cobras still it has been 15 years of wait

Comment on PDF , Oh yar dekh zara , Ye Z-10 ka Pilot helmet kitna zaberdust hai

• Pick up 40 Z-10 Units immediately and order a 2nd batch of 40 Z-10 :big_boss:
  • Pick up the retired 1990 manufactured 4x Chinese Destroyer they are parked in China, put Herba missiles on :big_boss:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/4-ch...-purchase-decommissioned-2-months-ago.633768/

• Don't wait for the Golden Sword and Sheild with glittering dimonds
  • Provided availibity exist pick up the Iron Sword and Iron Sheild
TOO MANY fanboys of western weapons. Delusional people .

Biggest advantage of Z-10 is that we can keep improving it

We should get these helicopters ASAP

current inventory is good if we are dealing with tali in remote areas but in front of proper army with lots of options at their hands we need large numbers to support our operations and to give ground troops advantage

bring it on

I was told by a source that the PAA started considering the Z-10ME in lieu of the AH-1Z in the anti-armour role. The T129's main draw was high-alt ops, and will remain so even if the PAA acquires the Z-10ME.

Why not Russian Ka-52 helicopter or Mi-28 latest version??

In terms of machine vs machine comparison, AH1Z is miles ahead of Z10 in every aspect, better payload, better cruise, better survivability, better situation awareness, better maintenance, a more modular design and higher availability rate than which increases its 'fear factor' in comparison with that of Z10.
Only aspects which benefit Z10 are that it's cheaper, can be fielded in large numbers and carry no risks associated with supply chain blockade.
AH1Z were (are) suppose to deploy in Multan, a critically vulnerable spot where the threat of Indian armor offense is maximum.
It can sustain adverse weather conditions and will remain available at its optimum capacity for longer duration of time in the conflict. This is something Z10 cannot do (or was not able to do). Last time it's electronics burnt up in extreme heat and engine showed indications of power loss in certain conditions while carrying 'maximum payload'.

Now how Z10ME will rectify such issues is not in my knowledge. Yes, quantity can generate its own quality as may be 36 Z10ME can be deployed instead of 12 AH1Z. But again, the adversary will be fielding AH-64E equipped with longbow/hell fire combination which will give it such qualitative advantage which cannot be overcome by fielding more Z10 helicopters. We need a 'quality' solution also. One which could put mmW FCR and 16 ATGM capacity on table.

Pal I don't deal with such paper comparison. Pakistan has evaluated both T129 & Z10 to their maximum capacity. Their results show which one is better.

Any attack helicopter fielded by India and Pakistan will rarely go against each other, for Apache threat PA need to field integrated robust air defense.

Any attack helicopter fielded by India and Pakistan will rarely go against each other, for Apache threat PA need to field integrated robust air defense.
It's not about helicopter vs helicopter scenario. It's about acquiring a certain capability and maintaining a balance at tactical as well as strategic level. If Apache with its Longbow/Hellfire combo has the standoff strike capability against Pakistan's SHORADS then it's more likely to give more options to Indian forces in comparison with that of Pakistan. As a response two different paths are followed simultaneously,

1: acquisition of similar capabilities to put Indian ground forces in similar disadvantage.
2: development of countermeasures by acquiring longer range air defense systems.

Thus the need of (1) capable gunship and (2) better airdefense.

Perhaps, I dont know

But based on what I have seen of Chinese netizens not just on this forum but elsewhere as well, they're complete disregard for others religious beliefs and their religious-zealotry like worship of their own Communist Atheist totalitarian police state as if CCP is their idol who can never do wrong, this is what's concerning.
It's good seeing a hawkish Pakistani. We shouldn't be pushovers.

I've seen it with any foreigner; with Arabs, Iranians, East Asians, even with Indian Hindus from as far as south India and Sikhs from India.

It's almost like Pakistanis have a fetish for anyone that's not: Pakistani Muslim.
It's because we've coached ourselves into thinking most of us are selfish and lazy. Yes, our society does tend to show those traits (e.g., importing cars instead of fixing old buildings they rent out), but it isn't solely their fault.

Granted, if our people could do their best no matter what, we'd be invincible, but our society goes with the flow; and when the system around you is corrupt and broken, then ho-hum, the people aren't going to play fair if the rules are stacked against them. If the Honda Civic was 100% manufactured in Pakistan, would they import it? Of course not, they'd get the one made in Pakistan because that's what the system gave them. Would they leave old buildings to rot if the authorities came down hard on poor management? Of course not.

It's easy to blame the guy next to you than to call out a corrupt leadership, for every time we overemphasize the faults of the people, we tend to focus less on the impact of the top.

Bro, I've seen the same exact crap in USA when I first encountered large numbers of desis (Paks, Banglas, Indians).

You had Pakistanis a$$ kissing Bangali hindus and badmouthing each other; Pakistani Punjabis bad mouthing Pakistani Pashtuns together with Hindu Bangalis and Indian Sikhs.

And then you had Pakistani pashtuns chilling with some Afghans who spoke with glee about the terrorist attacks that were killing Pakistanis left and right during those tumultuous years (this was in 2008).

That was an eye opener for me. Imagine how bad it is now.

Allah is holding that country together, because leave it to Pakistanis to completely destroy their own country.
I have also seen this sht.

Pakistanis badmouthing their own military and singing paraises for Indian military and telling us how great Indian military is as it has never violated the constitution and democracy. Seen em calling for abandoning Kashmiris so that they could enjoy peace with the people on the other side of the border who according to them are the same people as us.

Only the one who does not live in a free country values freedom I suppose.

It's mostly talk from my observation.

The instance I mentioned earlier where Pakistani Punjabis with Hindu Bangladeshis were badmouthing Pakistani pashtuns, and i tried to reconciliation and brought it up that they were taking the side of a idol worshiper against their own Muslim and compatriot brother these people behaved like complete idiots and disregarded the advice.

Popularity and good times are more important than principles and loyalty.

Back
Top Bottom