What's new

Pakistan coast guard(anyone knows)

An then there is Sea Customs as well with light inshore high speed patrol boats!!! At one point, Pak Coast Guards had a hovercraft stationed at hawksbay for rescue services. I am guessing here, most of the funds for EEZ patroling went to MSA! As far as I know there is also an air component to the small patrol fleet (in numbers) with Brittan Norman Defenders.

The best thing would be to review the three components (CG, SC, & MSA) to form a more cohesive force. In the present circumstances, it is waste of money to run three seperate services to do the same job more or less.

MSA (maritime security agency) is the naval coast guard and the coast guard is land based on the coastal belt!
its confusing yes!

So, it's basically the coastal defence force, like 'home guard' but different. Where one could expect to find truck-mounted land-based antiship missiles, and which would man fixed coastal defences like bunker mounted artillery. For example.

As far as I know Pak CG has no wartime role and would most probably be stripped of its Pak Army -on -loan officers in the event of an all out war.

The reason CG had Army officers instead of Navy Officers were to stop illicit trafficking of controlled goods and substances on land specaillay along the Baluchistan Coast which was classified as B catagory areas patrolled by levies and Frontier Constabulary -- part of the civil armed forces -- not very reliable force when it came to enforcing laws that effected local tribal income (smuggling)

Pakistan Coast Guard recruits display their skills during a passing out parade held at their training school

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom